Fyrinnae Fyrinnae Lip Lustre--Trickster

on 9/30/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ahh here we go. After a lukewarm first experiance with a sheerer formula, this color works for me. It is not a lip gloss, it is a pigmented lip conditioner. It is sheer but opaque and has a blue/lavender sheen on a fuschia base. Lately, I have been into matte pinks and reds for evening, but those formulas can be drying. Wearing this bright concoction on my lips during the day pampers them and moisturizes after some of the drying mattes. It contails several oils that improve skin texture. I find I have to reapply often but that might be due to the fact that I tend to lick my lips because this lipstuff tastes yummy.

on 4/14/2010 7:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Trickster is one of Fyrinnae's unique Lip Lustres. They look like lip glosses, they are packaged like lip glosses, but according to Fyrinnae, they aren't lip glosses. Rather, they are lip stains made with lots of beneficial butters so there is no "goopy" feel to them and no drying effect. Trickster is highly pigmented and lasts fairly well. The texture is relatively thin, but is very moisturizing, due to the mango seed butter, jojoba oil, babassu oil, and vitamin E. It feels very light on the lips. Overall, a very pleasing product to wear.

Unfortunately, the color was waaaaay wrong for me. It's a bright (and I mean bright) pink with a SERIOUS blue shimmer. The shimmer is iridescent and causes the lip lustre to fairly glow, and gives such a blue tone to the overall color of the lustre that it made my skin tone look yellowish, even though my natural skin tone is cool/neutral. I love me some bright pinks, but this was just too much. I haven't given up on the line, as Visual Kei, the other color I got, is beautiful...however, this one is a no-go for me.