October 22, 2014 | 951 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Out of the Woods 4-pc. Brush Set

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by vhsbeadergirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'M IN LOVE!!!!!!! I actually bought the Straight From Nature Eye Brush Set, which I didn't see on MakeupAlley, but this is close, because this is also a part of the limited edition brushes with bamboo handles. Let me say that I've been holding off on buying a little precision brush, crease brush, and big (even though it's called medium) shadow brush. I got a cheap crease brush recently from studio tools, is it? idk, but it's more of a blending brush. But those brushes (medium eyeshadow, crease, and definition) were all in the kit, with beautiful authentic bamboo handles and an amazing sale price of $9.99. I just couldn't pass up that deal. Originally, it was $19.99, which is still great for the quality and diversity you get with these tools. So anyway, I washed them when I got home, and only one hair shed from the medium eyeshadow brush and none from the others. And they were sooo soft! When I used them the next morning, which was actually this morning, I really got a taste of super quality with the luxuriously smooth, even application that these dense brushes gave. They also made my eye makeup application faster, easier, and prettier. And people noticed, because when I volunteered as a camp councelor, the boys were all over me! lol, but really, now that I have these brushes, I can't live without them! The definition brush is a must for applying eyeshadow on the lower lid, highlight the inner corners, and even smudge eyeliner. The crease brush is SUPER dense, and fits right into the crease perfectly, contouring perfectly. And the medium eyeshadow brush is quite large, and is perfect for applying your all-over-lid color or setting eyeshadow with powder. Also, you could use it to set your under-eye concealor with powder. So as you see, this kit is quite a catch and well worth a drive to target! Snatch yours up before they are sold out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2010 2:17:00 AM More reviews by swissiemissie

packaging is cute and great to have if your traveling and need to store small travel size brushes. the brushes are very good quality. the small flat top brush i have a hard time finding a good way of using it (still super soft and goos quality though, just hard to use due to its smallnes) but everything is good quality and i enjoy using. and the wood cork look i find adorable and unique. DEFINATLY UNIQUE

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by dorothyyxo

Small flat top: SOOOO soft. I use it for contouring and buffing. I find its too small for foundation or blush.

Crease: Places color perfectly, very soft.

Eyeshadow: Packs on color pretty well. Not the best but it works.

Eyeliner: Too thick to use for eyeliner but works great for using eyeshadow as a liner on the bottom lash line.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2010 2:16:00 PM More reviews by renaissancegirl

Each of these brushes are great for specific functions. They are all incredibly soft and work well. I wish the wooden handles had some sort of glaze or finish added to protect it if it gets wet during cleaning. It would be nice if the handles were longer too but it's not a deal breaker.

Flat top blusher: This is every much like the enormously popular SK flattop except that it is smaller. Because of its small size, it's not really practical for all over foundation application but it is perfect for precise application of liquid/creme blushes - which is exactly what I needed it for. Unfortunately, the ferrule appears to have loosened since I got this 2 weeks ago despite being used and cleaned with care.

Synthetic crease brush: applies eyeshadow smoothly and evenly to my outer crease area and also works well to blend out harsh lines. I love this brush so much, I think I'll have to get the original, black-handled one.

Small eyeshadow brush: great for packing on eyeshadow for bold looks. Feels soft on my eye and not at all scratchy.

Eyeliner brush: I personally find this brush to be too thick for eye lining but I still use it for smudging eye liner cream all over my lid for a smoky look.

The bag: I heard some people hate the bag but I love the contrast of shiny, metal, zipper pull against the cork. The cork looks like it needs to be handled carefully though - I imagine it would start to peel off if abused. I like to use it to store lipstick/lipglosses of the day and throw it in my purse.

Lastly, you gotta love this great price. I think it's a great intro into Sonia Kashuk cult favorites.