E.L.F. Matte Bronzer

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/22/2015 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm okay with this bronzer. It has TONS of sparkles which I don't like for contouring. The packaging is cheaper than what elf usually does but it doesn't bother me.

on 2/18/2015 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This bronzer is such a queasy, unnatural color I struggle to imagine a skin tone it would flatter. The best way I can describe it is a yellow glittery tan. It is not matte by any stretch of the imagination, but instead has both shimmer and glitter. For $1 I cannot complain much, and E.L.F. has some fantastic products, but this one is best avoided.

on 12/5/2014 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this bronzer in sunkissed it was only just a $1 it contours nicely I prefer the studio line bronzer with the 4 different colors instead which is $3

on 10/22/2014 5:52:00 PM

This is a very shimmery bronzer, and doesn't really work for me. More matte bronzers look more natural.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This bronzer was the first I have ever purchased. I have always been afraid of bronzers because I have such light skin and I did not want to look orangey. But this bronzer was a great find.
A little goes along way. I gently put the brush in the bronzer and tap off any excess. It is better to have to little and build up in layers than to just streak the product across your face in a harsh line.
I use it for contouring across my jaw line and under my cheekbones. This bronzer can really make your face pop, especially with a slight touch of blush
For the dollar price tag, it is a must try!

on 12/17/2013 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Tried to like this but can't. Muddy. I think the ideas is good ie small compact powerful color. But it just doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm too heavy handed hmmm. It has sparkles in it so beware nothing crazy but mos def not matte.

on 12/13/2013 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this bronzer for conturing. I just hate the packaging because it's kind of hard to open.

on 6/8/2013 8:47:00 AM

Before using this product, I was never one to integrate bronzer into my daily routine. I just never had any luck with them. Most were either too shiny/sparkley or a horrid shade of orange. This is actually the from the ELF essential line in glow. This is perfect for my fair skin. I use this to contour as well. It doesn't look cakey, it blends nicely, and it doesn't seem to cause acne for me. I have noticed lately that E.L.F. is becoming available in more and more retail locations, although most retailers don't seem to carry this...but that's okay, I can always score some awesome deal if I buy it from the elf website anyways.

on 6/6/2013 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I've never bought bronzer before. This was my first attempt and I had money left over from my shopping trip and thought I'd give it a shot since it's ONLY one buck!!
I have to say, I was quite impressed for only one buck. Best investment I've ever done into makeup [besides lip balm]! :P
It's true that you have to have a light hand for this stuff. I use a blush brush, and I only barely dab the brush into the palette and then in circular motions apply to the top of my cheekbone, some on my jawline, a little on my forehead and nose. It just depends on how tan-ish you wanna look! If you want a full-out bronzed girl look, get a spray tan or something. But if you're just trying to even out a slight tan [or bit of color from the sun], then this is perfect! :)
I will definitely buy this again when I run out. :)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

okay, let me just say most of you are being way too melodramatic. Yes, it is dark but nobody ever said to rub it on the apples of your cheeks and the center forehead haha. it's called CONTOURING ladies! get with it! with a light hand and and the right brush this stuff works perfectly to define your face. and this is coming from a girl who's hardly a nw15. yes it's not the best formulation, but you get what you pay for! and with this product quite frankly is above and beyond what i would expect for just $1.00!
onto the down falls, yes the packaging isnt the greatest (my hinge broke) but at least its compact. you're all crazy complaining about the shimmer because its not over baring, you look at the product and it has a slight sheen but when it goes on it looks perfectly matte, if anything it just has an ever so satin finish when you apply it over foundation. now obviously if you're to heavy handed with this stuff it could look muddy, but every product has it quarks that you have to learn to work with. if you applied every product using the exact same tactic you'd be one hot mess. In the end though, this product is a stellar find in my opinion, its got the same attributes as Blunt by MAC without having to spend the $$

Popular Bronzers