November 28, 2014 | 1910 users online

Bronzers - E.L.F. - Matte Bronzer

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 10/22/2014 5:52:00 PM More reviews by nlidyoff

This is a very shimmery bronzer, and doesn't really work for me. More matte bronzers look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This bronzer was the first I have ever purchased. I have always been afraid of bronzers because I have such light skin and I did not want to look orangey. But this bronzer was a great find.
A little goes along way. I gently put the brush in the bronzer and tap off any excess. It is better to have to little and build up in layers than to just streak the product across your face in a harsh line.
I use it for contouring across my jaw line and under my cheekbones. This bronzer can really make your face pop, especially with a slight touch of blush
For the dollar price tag, it is a must try!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/17/2013 4:32:00 AM More reviews by nsugga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Tried to like this but can't. Muddy. I think the ideas is good ie small compact powerful color. But it just doesn't work for me. Maybe I'm too heavy handed hmmm. It has sparkles in it so beware nothing crazy but mos def not matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by LivTylerr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this bronzer for conturing. I just hate the packaging because it's kind of hard to open.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by staci13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Before using this product, I was never one to integrate bronzer into my daily routine. I just never had any luck with them. Most were either too shiny/sparkley or a horrid shade of orange. This is actually the from the ELF essential line in glow. This is perfect for my fair skin. I use this to contour as well. It doesn't look cakey, it blends nicely, and it doesn't seem to cause acne for me. I have noticed lately that E.L.F. is becoming available in more and more retail locations, although most retailers don't seem to carry this...but that's okay, I can always score some awesome deal if I buy it from the elf website anyways.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:00:00 PM More reviews by MellyRocker

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So I've never bought bronzer before. This was my first attempt and I had money left over from my shopping trip and thought I'd give it a shot since it's ONLY one buck!!
I have to say, I was quite impressed for only one buck. Best investment I've ever done into makeup [besides lip balm]! :P
It's true that you have to have a light hand for this stuff. I use a blush brush, and I only barely dab the brush into the palette and then in circular motions apply to the top of my cheekbone, some on my jawline, a little on my forehead and nose. It just depends on how tan-ish you wanna look! If you want a full-out bronzed girl look, get a spray tan or something. But if you're just trying to even out a slight tan [or bit of color from the sun], then this is perfect! :)
I will definitely buy this again when I run out. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by thenameseriika

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

okay, let me just say most of you are being way too melodramatic. Yes, it is dark but nobody ever said to rub it on the apples of your cheeks and the center forehead haha. it's called CONTOURING ladies! get with it! with a light hand and and the right brush this stuff works perfectly to define your face. and this is coming from a girl who's hardly a nw15. yes it's not the best formulation, but you get what you pay for! and with this product quite frankly is above and beyond what i would expect for just $1.00!
onto the down falls, yes the packaging isnt the greatest (my hinge broke) but at least its compact. you're all crazy complaining about the shimmer because its not over baring, you look at the product and it has a slight sheen but when it goes on it looks perfectly matte, if anything it just has an ever so satin finish when you apply it over foundation. now obviously if you're to heavy handed with this stuff it could look muddy, but every product has it quarks that you have to learn to work with. if you applied every product using the exact same tactic you'd be one hot mess. In the end though, this product is a stellar find in my opinion, its got the same attributes as Blunt by MAC without having to spend the $$

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Xaephan

The site tricked me. The name was 'matte brown', but the bronzer's definitely got shimmer in it. The packaging is super gross, too, since mine had all this brown stuff where the glue connected the pan to the case. Yuck!

The bronzer itself isn't toooo bad, but the fact that I thought it'd be matte ruined it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2012 2:10:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

THIS ISN'T MATTE.The picture on e.l.f website made it look matte but it's not.This is too dark to contour with with the muddy color that it has.I wouldn't put this anywhere near my cheek bones so if you want this for anything but an eye shadow I wouldn't purchase it.Try one of e.l.f 3 $ ones instead,they are of really good quality

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2012 3:24:00 AM More reviews by FaithLPS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this bronzer i always wanted to get it, and i will say i love it much. It say matte yet it have glitters in it, but it doesnt shows up. Great pigmentation, just a light sweep will do if not it might look muddy. Packaging wise it is alittle flimsy, you wont know when it will break. Price is dirt cheap. Will def purchase it again. :) SGD $3