Alberto Vo5 Alberto Balsam Intensive Conditioning Treatment with Honey & Almond Extracts

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/23/2014 8:26:00 AM

In the UK, Alberto Balsam is a budget brand of haircare products ranging from 99p up to 3.00, so I wasn't really expecting much from this on the basis that it was cheap. However, for the price (1.99) I got more than I bargained for.

First off, for an 'intensive' conditioning treatment, this has quite a thin consistency but I actually liked that because I found it easier to put through my thick hair whilst in the shower. I usually left this on for a couple of minutes before washing it out and I think it did make my hair feel a lot softer and more manageable. I used this once or twice a week and it didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasier, which again is great for me as I often find the more specialised hair treatments can do both.

The only real downside I can think of was the scent. It's supposed to be honey and almond but I didn't feel it smelt strongly of either. If it had smelt a little stronger I would have given this another lippy, but other than that this is a great little conditioning treatment at a great price.

on 4/13/2010 5:29:00 PM

This is a great value for money intensive conditioner. I wouldn't recommend it for completely fried hair but for hair that needs a pick me up it's great. It's not too heavy and so won't weigh down fine hair and it smells lovely. It's only 99p in the UK.