October 22, 2014 | 1954 users online

Conditioner - Nature's Gate - Pomegranate Sunflower Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kuromi99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I should have read the reviews here before buying this conditioner! Thank goodness it's not as expensive as many other brands! I am from Singapore and I bought it at Johor Bahru for RM 19.90 (USD 6.38). It was the new and improved version and the production date was in 2011 (so definitely NOT expired goods). I read stellar comments of this product on a "certain popular online natural store" and decided it was the best of all the Nature's Gate conditioners. I love the smell of fruits on my conditioner too. However, what I lousy conditioner it was (for my hair at least)! Pales in comparison Giovanni Smooth as Silk which I was using but decided to switch to a cheaper brand (Giovanni is like US$ 6 for 8.5oz?) Worse than many of the drugstore conditioners too. This left my hair in a tangly mess just after use. After hair is dry, it is still dull, dry, limp, sticky (I rinsed out my hair many times). I am soooo disappointed in this product. Gotta use it as a shaving cream or pass it to some person with short hair/ already very good hair. Disappointed! Or is it just my hair type? My hair is very fine and color-treated.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Kunko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Other

I am apparently of the minority opinion that I really like this product. For my combination hair which is between wavy and botticelli curls and a lot of thin almost Asian textured hair from being mixed. I like to color it a lot and this shampoo and conditioner really helps restore the soft texture and shine back after doing major damage to it. When I actually take the time to wash my hair properly it helps restores my curls to a wonderful look which I have yet to get with any other conditioner/shampoo combo. I also love the smell it gives my hair when I leave a little in and makes me smell yummy the rest of the day.

I guess if you have a hair type similar to mine, between wavy and botticelli curls, with a head densely populated by thin hairs you might also like this product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2011 10:09:00 PM More reviews by hdbnsc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm with the other ladies here. I love the Henna conditioner, don't totally hate the Herbal, but the Pomegranate does absolutely nothing for me. It leaves my 3a 3b fine hair limp and lacking shine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2010 9:43:00 PM More reviews by MegE

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below... This conditioner smells fab, but I wasn't impressed with the amount of moisture it provided and how it left my hair a bit flat and sometimes greasy. It also broke me out around my hairline, which almost never happens for me with hair products. Thankfully the wonderful "pomegranate sunflower" fragrance is available in their body lotion and washes, which are superior to this lackluster conditioner.

If you have a sensitive scalp and thick/color-treated hair and are looking for a natural conditioner, check out Jason's Normalizing Rosewater & Chamomile Conditioner. It works great, smells delicious, doesn't break me out, and is inexpensive! Here's a link-- http://www.jason-natural.com/products/natural_salon.php#normalizing

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2010 3:11:00 AM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this at TJ Maxx in the 32 fl. oz. size for $7.99. It smelled really good in the bottle and I decided to try it out because it was cheap for a lot of product and seemed to be all natural (no sls or parabens) and mentions ingredients like jojoba and panthenol.

Unfortunately, it sucks. It's unbelievably thin and runny. Provides no moisture to your hair. No slip. I couldn't even run my fingers through my hair with it in the shower. My hair was all snarled when I used this. You end up using a ridiculous amount of pumps of product because you think you didn't use enough, which doesn't make it any better.

I used Eco-nature Re-conditioner after this and the difference between the two conditioners was huge. Please do yourself a favor and leave this one on the shelf. It sucks.