April 19, 2014 | 1042 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Opera Rose #29

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2014 6:02:00 AM More reviews by elusivelotus

This is my favourite of the three that I have. It's everything I was looking for in a bright but not over the top shade. I wanted wearable pink that doesn't scream cheap or teenager. This complements my skin tone perfectly (C30), in fact I think this is a very versatile shade for a lot of skin tones. I love how opaque it is and how it easily glides over the lips. The only issue is that it transfers easily so you have to reapply after u eat/drink/kiss, but really I'm not fussed because I love whipping out the beautiful case to reapply.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 1:05:00 AM More reviews by hellodarling88

PRO: Goes on like a dream and is unlike any other luxury lipstick I've used. On top of that, the packaging & rose scent is divine (I don't even like roses!) making it well worth what you pay. Color wise, Opera Rose #29 is a versatile color for all occasions, skin tones & ages.

CON: My lips became more chapped upon reapplication which felt strange as it goes on so deceptively creamy & smooth. By the 3rd reapplication at the end of work day, my lips reached Peel-ville.

CONCLUSION: Not a daily lipstick though I wish it were. But a lipstick collection could definitely use one for special occasions (Few hours wear is perfectly fine)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Nikki08

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm preferential to the YSL rouge voluptes, they're my HG. When sephora recently had their vib sale the color I wanted was sold out so I picked this one out online. This isn't a color I typically go for so honestly I didn't have high hopes. Once it got here I fell in love. It's a beautiful neutral mid tone pink, probably more a spring/summer color but I've been wearing it now. The formula is buttery smooth and fully opaque with one swipe, no these aren't long wearing but I love 'em anyway. I really think this is one of those shades that'd work for any skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by hcpp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is actually the first lipstick I bought for myself, and it pretty much started my obsession with lip products.

Fell in love - this is extremely pigmented and glides on super easily. The shade matches my tanned, Asian skin tone. Plus, the product's fragrance is AMAZING!

I do think that the product provides moisturization to a certain extent. The thing is, leave it on for a few hours and it sometimes dries up and the lines on the lips get obvious. Not much of a biggie for me though.

It is pricey for a lipstick, so like alot of my cosmetics, I stock up at the airport (SGD35). Usual price at YSL boutiques - SGD45.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Rouge Voluptes are my FAVORITE lipsticks!
The formula is absolutely amazing! They're the richest, creamiest lipsticks that have ever glided across my lips. They're also rather moisturizing and last all day long, though they're no substitute for lip balms or lip stains. I can apply it once in the morning and not have to worry about it fading, forming patches, or drying out my lips.
The pigmentation is incredible. YSL wasn't joking with the pigments in these! These aren't for the color-shy!
I also love how it has an added SPF 15 (nice bonus) and nice sheen that gives the perfect pout. (:
One of the shades that I own is #29 Opera Rose. #29 is a medium neutral fuchsia pink that's not too bright. This particular shade leaves somewhat of a stain behind, which makes it more long-lasting than the lighter shades. It's a bit darker and less bright than #9 Caress Pink and actually very similar to MAC Chatterbox (Chatterbox is only a TINY bit warmer). I think it's a very wearable shade that looks great on all skin tones and can be worn for both casual and special occasions. Perfect for spring or summer!
The packaging, of course, is absolutely beautiful and definitely beats ANY other lipstick in terms of aesthetics (yes, that includes Chanel, Dior, Guerlain, and Tom Ford, IMO)--they make my MAC lipsticks look like crap lol! The packaging is what drew me to purchase this in the first place!
It retails at $34 each, which isn't cheap, so I recommend you do research and swatch them in-stores before deciding on anything. Sephora only carries 80% of the 30 available shades, so I'd go to Nordstrom instead.
Would I repurchase? Probably not.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by roni92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes these are expensive and these lipsticks are a splurge for myself. My skin tone is nc40-42 and during summer I feel like the only way I can wear pink is if its a bright bam in your face pink. Until now I have finally found the perfect pink for my skin tone! I can wear this daily with a cute top and just have beautiful pink lips without it being bright. If you want bright I suggest no.10. I SO MUCH appreciate the slant in the construction of these lipsticks. 3 of my MAC lipsticks have broken from the core base! That is such a pain and waste because then I have to depot and use a brush. I think they broke because they were the creamy finishes by MAC, glaze and lustre. These YSL lipsticks are the creamiest I have ever tried. The longevity of these lipsticks are fair not the longest but they do leave a nice stain. Having to reapply isn't a bother because they are soo smooth and just glide with such opaque! Ofcourse they smell fruity like mangoes <3 seriously is my favorite fruit. If I could only buy one it would be this shade because I wear everyday. I personally love # 10,12,13,27,29&,30 :) from this line on my tan skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

Amazing pigmentation. Love this Rouge Volupte lipsticks.

Lately, i've been venturing into the brighter lip trend. this is great, it looks sophisticated but fun at the same time. so pigmented that i only dab it on, and then i like to use a finger to press it into the lips for a more natural look. Definitely brightens up your face! love the color of this. i also have #30 which is a peachy shade, that looks awesome too.

These are expensive, but soo worth the money. the packaging is so nice and it has a nice fruity scent. love these lipsticks!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by rorygils

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love the formula of this lipstick. It has like this velvety and powdery finished. The color is bright pink kinda like fuschia. Because the clolor is intense, the way I wear it is by dabbing it lightly on my lips and spread it with my finger. It gives the natural pinky color on my lips.Really pretty! It brighten up my look when I didnt wear much makeup. And it smells beautiful and the packaging is gorgeous!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by pritha

I love this lipstick - I've reviewed and done a demo on what to pair with this lipstick on my YouTube channel, go check it out for more details:

Enjoy!!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by buggin81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this shade along with a lighter pink colour after reading the hype about this lipstick. Firstly it's has the most beautiful and luxurious looking packaging, plus it has a really lovely scent. The formula is moisturizing but it's absolutely horrible. This lipstick feels grainy when applied and also it really highlights the fine lines on my lips even after exfoliating. Its a shame because I really wanted to love this.