July 28, 2014 | 1998 users online

Blush - Make Up For Ever - HD Microfinish Cream Blush - #6 Quickie

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by scs2dd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Price: 4
Repurchase: not sure

EDIT: Running it under hot water didn't work, but mixing it with a tiny dab of silicone primer did without compromising wear time. It just takes a couple minutes to dry and it's so much easier to control. Just take extra care when layering a second coat because the primer disturbs the first coat underneath. Not giving it any points back, though.
I have mixed feelings on this one. Up until I received this sample I've used Benefit Cha Cha Tint. I like the bright, salmon-pink shade that is warm enough to match my tone. It wears like a stain as it doesn't transfer or fade, it builds well, and only a tiny bit is needed for each cheek so I expect it would last a long time. I use Nars Liquid Illuminator over top and the blush is not disturbed.
The two things that bother me are the consistency and the packaging. This is a thick formula that dries very quickly, making it difficult to evenly distribute on my cheeks and I end up really pulling at my skin. This can lead to patches if I'm not careful. I also think the pump packaging is annoying; as others have pointed out, if it's not used for a couple days, the first new bit of product is dried and unusable. This is needlessly complicated packaging for a cream blush and I think it would be more suited for a needle-nose tube (and would take up less space!). I think I'll try running the bottle under hot water to liquefy the product a little.
What I've done to make my application look nicer is to apply it first so I can soften any hard edges or lighten over-applied areas with a sponge and foundation. As of yet, I'm not sure if the pretty color and the long wear time outweigh the negatives.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by itsiliii

Love this stuff :D
The color is super pigmented so although it looks like you get really little product, you need so little to get flushed cheeks!

The colors offered are also lovely, and although they're super pigmented, once you blend them in they look super natural and don't settle into any imperfections on your skin. And of course it lasts way longer on my skin than powder blushes.

My only gripe with this product is that I HATE the pump on this product. Oh sure it looks cute and everything but the moment you press it, it dispenses wayyyyy more product that you need which sucks cause its such a waste :(

I'd still recommend though!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lunalove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As many have mentioned, this pump, while hygienic, squeezes out waaaaay more product than you need so I take a sample jar that's empty and put the excess in there because it is expensive and I dont want to waste it!
You only need a tiny bit for both cheeks, and you can apply it with a small stippling brush or your fingers. No shimmer, just nice color. I would repurchase but in a different color because I like variety.
It lasts pretty well but if you want it to last longer top it off with a matching powder blush.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by bambigirl0512

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These blushes are amazing. I decided to try since I am so sick of powder blushes sitting in my pores and fading away when my skin gets oily, I have tried cheek tints, don't like them, they don't last on my skin. I have tried other cream blushes, didn't like most of them because they have no staying power, MUFE HD blush is by far the best cream blush I have used. The color stays put all day, and is very buildable depending on the amount of color you want. I use half a pump for each cheek. I like to use my fingers. I find using a brush wastes too much product.
I have fair skin and I purchased 2 shades. Nip slip is just a basic neutral pink. Suits my skin tone well. Quickie is also pink, but a has a bit more of a coral tone on the skin. Both are similar on my face. I use quickie for a more natural look, and nip slip when I really want that "blushed" look.
The best thing about this blush is it does NOT sit in your pores!!! It blends so well into the skin, and looks natural, or colorful, depending on how much you apply. It is very versatile. This will last on your cheeks all day long, even without a setting powder.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by SinisterRouge

I got this as a sample from Sephora.com and absoultely HATED it...at first. I felt like I tried everything! Applying it with any kind of brush made me look like a splotchy cloiwn. I thought the color just might have been off, but today I tried it with my fingers and I must say, it looked great! It's very natural looking and applied nicely after liquid foundation. It comes out very thick and kinda gross, but I'm just going to attribute that to it being a sample because whenever I look online at swatches of other colors, the other colors come out a little thinner. But now that I've finally figured out how to use these things, I can't wait to buy other shades!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2010 10:34:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this colour, but I couldn't make it work. It would settle into my pores and go on spolchy, not at all like the other MUFE microfinish I own, #4. Strange. So back to Sephora it went. If you can make it work for you, it is a gorgeous sheer salmon colour, which sounds gross but is amazingly flattering. Back to KA Dolline.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a decent sized sample of this from Sephora, and I think it'll last me awhile--you only need a VERY small amount for blush. Less than dime-sized, really. This looks very natural, so it's probably not something you'd use if you want a real pop of blush, but it lasts all day and after applying, is really quite matte and not oily at all.

Normally, when I use powder blush and then wear sunglasses around all day, my blush gets all wonky from my sunglasses sitting on my cheeks, but with this, my blush lasted and looked perfect all day. Even lasted through a workout at the gym! This is the first cream blush I've tried, and I have to say, I'm liking it so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Tszahl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is now my HG Blush. I used to use Stila Convertible Color, but now I am a changed woman. The Microfinish Blush in Quickie is a peachy pink liquid blush that provides a watercolor like finish. The finish is not at all shimmery but does create a nice glow. Think Orgasm with more color and less shimmer. Also, it is easy to blend and not oily at all. But, the best part about this blush is that you can put it on in the morning, work all day, go to the gym and it stays on the entire time. Simply unvebelievable!
UPDATE: I have gone back to Stila Convertible Color because the Microfinish blush would settle in my pores. Also, Stila seems more lit from within and provides a better glow.