November 26, 2014 | 1310 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Loose Pigment - Protest

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 12:03:00 AM More reviews by bellabelushi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Unfortunately I am one of the very few who paid full price for this item, so I'm kinda jaded. I bought the Gunmetal one for $22 on strawberrynet and I wish I read these reviews PRIOR to placing my order!
As the other gals said, there is a ton of fallout, the product gets stuck around the applicator and inside the badly designed packaging. The actual applicator is useless because it is totally caked in product and does not apply evenly at all (plus you get loose shadow ALL over you undereye and cheek)
It's a shame, its a really nice colour and as with all UD shadows, once applied properly it looks great, but I think I'll stick with the pans from now on. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MissMermaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Soooo I knew going into this affair that the packaging , while very convenient for transport, is certainly not designed for ease of application. I bought my first UD e/s in Santa Cruz in the late 90's and fell in love. I generally don't like the messines of loose piggies of any kind but the color payoff is def up to snuff. I have over 500 e/s and I don't own any color like this. I am in the punkabilly type scene so for me the glitter is a gorgeous addition to the almost old skool garbage bag green shade. Before UD was bought by the LA mafioso they stood out as a high quality glam punk alternative to every other color allergic brand. This shade is lovely, packaged ridiculously
but still for $5 an absolute steal. I just remove the fallout with my eye makeup remover pads- we had to do it that way in the old days and for a great noir eye I'll go the extra mile. Haven't so many people become lazy and full of complaints about the time and effort required for MU application? I honestly think it's an art form and women in the past knew that.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nice color, but these loose pigments apparently have quite a bit of sparkly going on. I purchased Protest and Baked and both are quite sparkly. That is the one aspect of this product that I was a little disappointed with (I just don't understand UD's love affair with glittery stuff!). Overall, a nice product, glad I got it during the $5 sale, but I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 10:49:00 PM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this shadow despite the packaging. It's a dark matte pine green with multi-color microglitter. The shadow is located in a pot that the included brush dips into. If you want to use your own brush, you have to pour it out, which is a hassle and is a potential for wasted shadow. Also, do not use the included brush unless you don't mind dealing with a ton of fallout. If you're applying to the entire lid, the brush does not work well at all.
And finally, for best results, I highly recommend using it wet. The glitter shows up, the color is more intense, and there is no fallout.
When applied dry the color needs to be layered, it's not as intense, and the glitter is a subtle sparkle. It could be good for the crease but I haven't tried it yet. I also think this would make a really pretty wet liner.
I do like this shadow and I'm glad I got it, but because of the packaging I wouldn't buy it again. Unless it was cheap. Then I'd get it anyway. :P