October 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Powder - Kanebo - Coffret D'or Beauty Lasting Pact UV

rated 4.0(1 review)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 10:20:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Kanebo is a Japanese company with a number of cosmetic brands under its umbrella - Coffret D'or is one of them. I decided to try this powder foundation as I have had great success in the past with Japanese sunscreens, and I'd read a positive review on a blog. I had high hopes for this powder which promised long-wear and a refined, polished look. I had to buy this online and take a guess at my shade. I got BE-B which appeared to be the fairest shade they make in this, and it turned out to be a great match for my NC20 skin. It is a warm ivory. As with many Japanese cosmetics, the packaging is so beautiful. You need to purchase your compact and your powder ("pact") separately. I had no problem dropping my powder into the compact. You can see the beautiful mirrored case in the pictures I have uploaded for this review.

PROS:
--smooth, satin-matte finish. Applied with a damp sponge this smoothly conceals pores and some redness. I'd say coverage is light-medium (you can layer this for increased coverage). I still needed some concealer. It will look matte when first applied but after it "settles" on your skin it will look more satiny and natural.
--sunscreen. This is rated SPF24 with a medium UVA rating (PA++). This will protect you as long as you wear enough of it on your skin! I prefer to wear sunscreen underneath.
--packaging. Some might disagree with me but I prefer this nice wide compact layout with room for the sponge on one side. I just think it's less fiddly to use, you get a generous amount of mirror inside and it's more hygienic with the sponge not sitting on your powder.
--high quality latex sponge included.

Cons:
--staying power. Sadly for me, this did not live up to my expectations. After about 4 hours I had some oil breakthrough and after blotting, the powder had begun to disintegrate on my skin. For a product that claims to be long-wearing I expected better. Primer helps a bit with this problem.
--oil control is not the greatest. I think this is best suited to those with normal or combination skin types with minor oiliness.
--price. Not the most expensive cosmetic I have purchased but it is up there.... I paid approximately USD$39.99 plus shipping and that was the best deal I could get.

To sum up, I like this powder foundation but I don't love it. I can't rely on this as my main foundation but it will do nicely to keep in my bag for touch-ups. I can't bring myself to criticize such a pretty product too harshly, so 4 lippies from me. I am unlikely to buy again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No