July 23, 2014 | 2038 users online

Lip Gloss - Shiseido - Luminizing Lip Gloss

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by mararum

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's kind of expensive for what it is. It's definitely very glamorous and moisturizing. I like how pigmented the color is (even though the color I own is neutral pink). The applicator helps control how much you want on, but I found to be somewhat thick. I would have these glumps of gloss, which required a lip pencil to even out. It didn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 5:38:00 PM More reviews by aceciul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just bought it in BE201 Cafe Creme (BE = Beige) Besides the fact that buying Shiseido products makes me feel nice and glamorous I am quite happy with this finding. It's as comfortable as a lip balm with the shine of a gloss and creamy as a lipstick. This color is absolutelly amazing because you can wear it alone for a natural look, over color to add shine and turn down vivid colors, or over nude lipstick for a glamorous nude lips. It simply has it all! It's similar tu MAC's C-Thru Lipglass but personally I think Shiseido is better but little expensive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 9:00:00 AM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Shiseido products as they're very glamorous and quality. Although I try to avoid perfume in products with Shiseido make up I make an exception. I found these glosses at the airport when I had to kill a lot of time and am very glad that I did. I got two light colours, BR108 which looks like a brownish/goldenish/mauve in the tube but comes out as much lighter than it looks with more golden tones than expected. The other one, YE505, looks like a pure golden/iridescent pearly tone in the tube and again comes out much lighter which I was fine with but beware that at least for these two colours what you see is not exactly what you get. On the other hand their non-sticky glossiness makes up for it in my opinion. They're very hydrating, long lasting and has lovely minimal but still glam packaging. Another great use for them is to use them as plumpers! I line my lips with a neutral shade and put the gloss on and blot after a few minutes and put my lipstick on. Great results. That way you don't have to dish out for a plumper and have a high-end gloss at the same time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

OMG.. this is my new HG lip gloss! =) I was using Origins Caramel Candy lip gloss for the past 10 years, and just wanted something different, and perhaps a tad richer and creamier. I saw a YT video of someone using this gloss in BE 201, and thought it looked identical to my Origins, so I picked one up today, & I'm in love. It's a nude-y, peachy, shimmery gloss that's so moisturizing and creamy, and not sticky. It adds some MLBB oomph to my lips in a sophisticated & luscious way. It's $22 for 7.5mL, which I thought was a lot for lip gloss, but my Origins is $15 for 5mL, so the Shiseido is actually a better value (although only by a tiny bit ;P). The only thing I'm thrown-off by is the brush, but not in a bad way; it's probably b/c for a decade I've grown accustomed to using the Origins doe foot applicator. The brush is actually very smooth, densely-packed, doesn't splay, and not too loose but firm enough for me to be precise. All in all, I'm really excited about this find. Yay!!! =D~ UPDATE (2/27/11): I still love this lip gloss. It moisturizes my lips like no other, even w/o lip balm underneath. Unfortunately, it only lasts about an hour on my lips, and that's w/o drinking or eating. I know lip glosses don't last long, but I can't be applying it every hour on the hour. That's why I knocked it one lippie. =(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by sumyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've the driest lips ever so I'm desperately searching for lip gloss/sticks that must be extremely moisturizing. I've tried Lancome, YSL but these two can't be of any competition against Shiseido. Sure, Lancome tubes are most lasting in colour and that YSL has the best packaging but both failed in moisturizing my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 3:01:00 AM More reviews by soleil_kitty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Spontaneous purchase after simply falling in love with the colour. I was originally looking to buy a Chanel or Dior gloss but I couldn't find a flattering colour worth my money. Then I looked at the Shiseido counter and saw several crazy coloured glosses. The one that stood out the most was certainly "Pop life" (PK406), the one I ended up buying. It's a striking hot pink with very (!) fine, holographic glitter. The flask itself is slightly bigger than a MAC's and holds 7.5ml / 25 FL/OZ which is decent considering the price of 23,-. I first swatched the tester on the back of my hand where it left a bright baby pink. It's also baby pink on the lips, not hot pink. The finish is milky - transparent, sophisticated, natural, yet polished. The glitter is hardly visible which I certainly prefer. Nothing's worse than obvious, harsh glitter on the lips. The lips feel pampered and well moisturized. The texture of the gloss is very liquid / gel-like and not sticky at all. Even a MAC gloss would feel sticky compared to this one. It's a lovely feeling, actually! Lasting power's good, even survives cups of coffee and glasses of water. So I'm willing to give this all five lippies. The price is okay for the amount of product you get, it's a pretty unique colour (have nothing of like yet) and the feeling is incredible. Definitely a candidate to be repurchased, although I do like the yellow(!) gloss of the series too and might get that one next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 10:05:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These new Luminizing lip glosses are less moisturizing than Shiseido's original line-up of The Makeup glosses. With the latter, I never felt I needed to use any lip balm once it wore off my lips. However, the moisture loss in the Luminizing glosses is made up for in increased staying power. It's still a non-drying lip gloss-- just not really moisturizing. The formula is still thin and non-tacky. The colors are very sheer on pigmented lips, but I love sheer glosses that enhance, rather than color my lips. Also, the darker colors do color my lips. My favorites are Bronze and Red, followed by the Lilac color (which just gives a slight tint of blue), and the latest --the clear, highly shimmery Rainbow gloss from the Summer 2010 collection. I like that they stay on my lips as well as most tacky glosses. But I do miss the fact that the old ones wore like lip balm. Shiseido's glosses are unique, and the color range suits me.