August 27, 2014 | 1892 users online

BB Cream - Kanebo - Freshel Moist Lift - BB Cream SPF 23 PA++

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2010 8:19:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love Korean BB creams but thought I'd try out a Japanese one to see how they compared. I'm an NC20/25 with yellow undertones and this BB cream is a decent match for me. Any darker than NC25 and I think it will be too light for you as it is a very light slightly yellow toned colour. Compared to Korean BB creams this does not give me as much of a whitening effect.

The formula is so easy to blend and spread on my skin, it just glides on. But I have to make sure I moisturise well beforehand otherwise it makes my skin look dry and flaky (I have normal/combo skin). Despite claiming to be moisturising and all that, I don't think it really delivers on that front much. It looks natural on my skin, you can't tell I'm wearing makeup. The coverage isn't that good so I recommend you have nice skin if you get this, or wear concealer underneath. It evens out my skintone and covers redness but does not cover any blemishes I may have, no matter how small.

Lasting power is good, but not as good as all my other Korean brand BB creams. Still, I can wear it for 5-6 hours or so without feeling like it's faded which is okay. I don't think I'd repurchase as I much prefer my Korean BB creams, but it's quite nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by yingy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

pros:
1) very natural. I have a medium shade asian skintone (yellow undertone). it does not leave a white cast, only a very natural and healthy skintone.
2) it does not dry my skin and does not leave my skin greasy (I'm number 3 on clinique's three step, so thats combination to oily )
3) quite long lasting, pretty much the whole day.
4) quite cheap (i bought it at adambeauty)
cons:
1) it might break u out. depends on the person.
2) coverage is not great, it's good for people who only have minor blemishes since is does not cover that much.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I was really excited to try out a Japanese BB cream, as all the other ones I own are Korean. And, this was the first Japanese released BB cream ^_^

About the product: It has an SPF of 23 PA++ which is decent, is available in 1 shade only called Natural, contains 50g and claims to give 6 performances in one single tube (Essence, Cream, UV protection, Makeup Base, Concealer & Foundation.) It also says it gives deep moisture replenishment thanks to collagen, hyaluronic acids and silk essence.

Sounds pretty good right? Anyway, I purchased this for about £14 which is kind of pricey but not enough to break the bank. For reference, I'm an NC30-35 with a slightly yellow undertone. My skin is combination - mainly normal, but sometimes oily on the t zone. I'm also quite breakout prone.

I like the packaging, which is brown/bronze colour. It looks pretty fancy and is very hygienic. The colour when squeezed out the tube appears to be a very light yellow-based colour. When I apply it on my skin, most of the yellowness seems to go away though. It's too light for my skintone, but not enough so that I look like a geisha. If you're darker than an NC30 I don't think you will have much luck with this. The consistency is quite light and spreads very easily. There's no pearl or shimmer to it, which I'm happy about as I like my makeup to be shimmer free 99% of the time. I do moisturize beforehand otherwise it shows up any flakiness on my skin.

As for the ingredients...I was expecting something amazing, but it's pretty standard. It contains mineral oil, which I know will probably scare off any oily-skinned ladies. But I have breakout prone skin and this BB cream doesn't break me out like I thought it would due to the oil content, so I don't have a problem with the oil. Anyway, it also contains thinks like glycerin, collagen, silk and talc. I'm kind of annoyed it contains talc as I usually always try to avoid that ingredient but it hasn't seemed to cause any problems for me so far. Also, there is no weird fragrance or scent to it.

I don't have to set this BB cream with powder, oil control is pretty good despite this being sold mainly as a hydrating BB cream. I do think this provides my skin with moisture - it doesn't dry it out at all. Lasting power is very good, it lasts all day and doesn't require touch-ups. I may occasionally blot once or twice with blotting sheets if it's really hot or I'm being active though.

I'm actually fond of this BB cream. If it matched my skintone properly, it'd probably be HG status. It's a natural look BB cream; your skin but better. It covers reddness and any small blemishes and the fact that I get no irritation from it is a bonus. I'll say that I would repurchase, but in reality I won't because of the bad colour match.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by iqaganda

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from Watson's Personal Store over Causeway Bay when I was doing some part time job for my previous company last Chinese New Year Holidays. I don't see a lot of Watson's that carries the Freshel line from Kanebo, I believe I only found one on this store at Causeway Bay near Lee Gardens.

Anyway, this is a BB Cream from the Freshel Moist Lift Brand from Kanebo and it is worth HKD 98 (as far as I can remember) from Watson's. It comes in a golden bronze packaging (which I really, really love!) for 50g.

Also, this is my very first time to ever tried a BB cream. I use tinted moisturizers at even at home because of the acne scars that I got last winter. :(

Oh yeah, if you guys are ever wondering what is a "BB" cream, BB stands for "Blemish Balm" and it is quite popular now in Asia. I think the Koreans started it first, followed by the Japanese and so on and so forth. LOL! Anyway, in short, it's more of an Asian version of "tinted moisturizer."

I love the texture of this BB cream from Freshel. It is not liquidy, more of a creamy base. You can apply this directly after applying your toner because it is very moisturizing. I like how it moisturizes my skin. It is non sticky, non greasy and keeps my face non oily for the whole day.

The only problem that I have with this cream from Freshel, Kanebo is that it only comes in one color. The color is too light to cover my scars, not to mention it looks yellow on my skin-tone. This is not suitable for a medium-fair skin tone color.

I think I would stick to my Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer better! :)