September 1, 2014 | 2205 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Opal

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by combatmedicwife

I have and greatly appreciate the Clarisonic Mia 2 and Sonicare toothbrush. Thought I would give this one a try.
I've been using this for a few weeks now, with the serum that is included with the product.
I'm not noticing a huge, groundbreaking difference here. No more than any good eye cream, sadly. Not changing the puffiness at all. Even immediately after use the improvement is negligible.
I'm glad I bought it brand new without box on an auction website for $80. I would not spend full retail on this.
If you're on the fence about purchasing this, it is my recommendation you can safely pass this up.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by SkinCareFiend

I was introduced to this product at the Canyon Ranch spa In Las Vegas at the Pallazo resort and casino. I absolutely loved the result. I flew home and was lucky enough to find a barely used one on Ebay. This machine is absolutely WORTH it. It will change your life. It reduces puffiness, it makes your fine lines disappear. I use the Clarisonic facial brush, and the Sonicare. Both of those products were great life changers for me, so I trusted that this would work too. I use the sea serum which is quite sticky but it does the job, but I think I will try using my La Mer with it and compare the results. Buy this and you can thank me later.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by smcgraw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this for my puffy allergy eyes. Not only does it feel great, but it really depuffs both my upper and lower lids. In the evening I use it with Dr. Dennis Gross Retinol and Ferulic eye serum (and finish with a moisturizing eye cream by Bobbi Brown on top). In the morning I use it with Caudalie Lip and Eye Serum (and finish with an SPF eye cream by DDF on top). My biggest problem is I want to keep using it and using it - sometimes I will do a whole 2 minutes per eye! I find that I use a lot less of my (pricey) serums with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Kravtsova1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

So... I had a points to use in Shoppers, so was walking around the store. This thing cought my eyes. As I have Clarisonic MIA, so bought the Opal, because I just wanted to spend my points on my coupon. OMG!!! I did not expect that this thing is that good. I did not have really any problems with wrinkles or so, but what a difference. Just LOVE this thing. If I knew that would be so great I would buy it erlier. FANTASTIC!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

We are moving into our new house, so I am swamped with boxes and of course, I will sit down and write a review. because it soothes me.... So our loan closed and one day until we get the keys, so I walk into Nordstrom and it is the first day in two months that I can buy something that is not from Home Depot. (I was afraid they would keep checking my bank account, but they don't... lol) So I walked smack dab into the middle of the eye care spider web and she sat me down and tried the OPAL on me. I swear one of my eye wrinkles disappeared. I bought it. I like it now that you can use any serum, as opposed to when it first came out. It is cheaper at Nordstrom's than Sephora by $10. I am loving it and I like the spot wrinkle remover for lips, etc.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love love love this. I put my cream on my eye, then use this to massage it in. The first time I used it, woo it felt weird. But I learned to allow the thing to do the job, not with me pressing it in. I just lightly massage it with it vibrating. My son said, and this is after using it twice, that my lines/crows feet are disappearing and I noticed the bags are getting deflated a bit. The blue seems to be getting lighter as well. I am using my own cream, Dior, not the one that comes with the unit. So nothing would be due to the cream. I am loving this thing, almost more than the clarisonic brush!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by staylor7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like the Opal but I'm still on the fence if I really need this product. I have bad dark circles (part heredity, part year round allergies), and anything that comes onto the market that claims to diminish puffiness/dark circles I usually try it. When I bought my MIA I saw this and was curious, but for the price I wasn't going to just jump. I did some research and bit. So many people claimed what a big difference it made. So then I decided I had to have it. It does feel good (which is probably my favorite part). Overtime some of the darkness and puffiness have diminished and yes , the fine lines around my eyes do seem to be less noticable. But overall its not a huge dramatic effect like I look so much more refreshed thing, this is why I am on the fence. While I like it and think it has helped a little I'm not sure if I would repurchase. In fact my first one stopped working for no reason at all so I had to take it back to Sephora for an exchange. That makes me wonder how reliable this product will be after the warranty wears off. So over all I think I would repurchase but not 100% sure.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by myaddictions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, so I know this is VERY soon, too soon to be reviewing, BUT I've had such dramatic effects after only two uses, that I had to write in. I have become obsessed with the Opal while I was trying to decide whether to purchase it or not, and am so glad that I finally just went for it!

Background-I take very care of my skin, I religiously put serums and creams under my eyes (and all over my face) every morning and night.

The Opal appears to be massaging away my dark circles. They are not gone, by any means, but there is a major difference. I hope that continued use will make a big impact.

I will update in the near future, but I just had to excitedly report in. If you're on the fence, go for it!

Also, I suggest you buy it at Sephora. My sister's Clarisonic stopped working so she brought it in 3 days before her 1year warranty was up, and she upgraded to the Mia2 for free- no questions asked (well, since she paid $150 for the Mia at the time, there was no price difference).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:46:00 PM More reviews by greentea_00

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this having read many reviews. I couldn't bring myself to spend that much money on something that seemed so gimmicky. However, I broke down, after a friend of mine swore that the reason she looked so rested was due to the Opal. I have used it twice daily for three weeks. The area under my eyes is smoother, more toned and less puffy. A small reduction in dark circles is evident, too. Most improved is the lip area..the fine lines look more hydrated and less pronounced. I would say if you can swing the price, it's a good investment.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by cpacifica

I purchased this after my fantastic experience with the Mia and have been using it morning and night for over three weeks. From other reviews I've read, people who have results seem to notice them anywhere from first use to 60 days after starting the system. So far, I've not seen any results or changes at all, including changes to my under eye circles (which aren't too severe, thankfully) or my twinkle wrinkles, both of which this product promised to reduce. However, it has become a very enjoyable part of my morning and evening ritual. The silicone tip and is comfortable and the treatment feels lovely around my eyes and upper lip. However, as delightful as it is to use, I think it's way overpriced, particularly as the promised results have not been forthcoming. In the end, I'm going to return this one. Although it is pleasant, I have reasonable expectations of getting more from a product at this price point and just don't think it's worth the dosh. I'd probably keep it if was priced around $85 and may buy it again if I find it somewhere (i.e. Ebay) for that price, hence my answering a very qualified "yes" to the question about whether or not I would buy this product again. I just don't have the inclination to throw away money on something that feels "nice" but does't deliver overall. Also, I hated the serum that came with it (it's purported to be the only one acceptable for use with this machine). It left my skin feeling tacky and not particularly soft and was all together, well, yuck. I ditched it in about two days and started using Algenist Concentrated Reconstructing Serum I got as a sample elsewhere. Lovely stuff, that, but that's another review. I would have given this a score 2.5 if I'd had the option, but I had to choose between 2 and 3 and was feeling generous tonight.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No