September 23, 2014 | 1782 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Velvet Bliss

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Milona316

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

not sure if this is still being made but I had it a couple years ago. it was very very moisturizing and foamy and had a blackberry vanilla sort of scent. I remember that the bottles lasted a very long time and I repurchased a few times. if I saw it again I'd grab a bottle for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Mmmm. The gel version of this smells delicious. I have to stop myself from sniffing my skin for hours after I shower! It leaves my skin very soft and moisturized, and the price can't be beat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 7:43:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love my Dove but since I am trying to cut pennies everywhere I can I couldn't rationalize spending over a dollar and a quarter for a bar of soap. I had a coupon for this so 6 bars for a little over $4.00 was a good deal to me.(Good old Jergens is still way cheaper but leaves my skin feeling too tight) I am pleasantly suprized by Caress. This soap lathers soo nice, rich and thick (maybe better than Dove) and rinses away with no film ( just like Dove) but this actually leaves me feeling like I don't need to slather lotion all over my legs. Pretty shocking for me- everything I have ever used has left me feeling like I still need lotion especially in the cold months when my legs get so dry and itchy they will bleed. The scent for me is a little dissapointing- it smells good, familiar can't place it though (not actually vanilla and blackberry just a comforting, soft, fruitiness) but its just not strong. I think I still prefer my Dove scent over this. Still all in all I really like this soap and Im glad I "splurged" on it. UPDATE 5//4 The scent is just like trix cereal!!! I thought it wasn't strong but I notice it every day now and can't do it anymore now that warm weather is here. Want something fresher so back to dove or jergens

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have the bar soap version of this and I love it. The blackberry/vanilla scent is delicious. I tend to have dry skin and this leaves me very soft. It also works very well for shaving. My husband comments on how soft my skin is when I use this.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2010 3:31:00 PM More reviews by ForestLobster

This is my absolute favorite body wash...and I've tried so many! It smells divine, not cloying and definitely fresh. The lather is beautiful and my skin feels clean and smooth and freshly soft. My husband loves the soft pretty smell of me after I shower. I highly recommend if you like the sound of a fresh blackberry and vanilla scent!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2010 4:52:00 PM More reviews by DarkestStar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought the bar soap last night and tried it in the shower today. There was no body wash for this scent so I opted for the bar soap. It came in a 2-pack for $2.80 at Food Lion, not bad. So far I really like it and I like that it lathers up a lot but rinses off really clean. I did apply body oil afterward (but I think that's just a habit) but I don't really think it's necessary with this soap. It's moisturizing enough. This product has a sweet, heavenly fruity scent to it, nothing too strong nor too weak. I plan on buying this again in the future either soap or body wash, doesn't matter.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by ErisMay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is mostly for the bar soap and not the shower gel, although I did sniff the shower gel. This is why it is getting a low rating, because of the bar soap.

I went to the store all excited to try this out after reading about it online, and they had both the 6 bar bundle of soap and the shower gels. I first opened up a shower gel and smelled it, it smelled really good. It was nice and strong. I couldn't smell the soap because of the shrink wrap.

I opted for the bar soap because it has a longer shelf life than shower gels and I am trying to use up my stash of shower gels.

I came home and ripped open the soap. I am sad to report the soap is very lightly scented. I washed my hands with the bar soap and could not detect any scent while washing. The soap is just OK. It isn't too drying at all which is good, but not all that moisturizing like Dove. I noticed about 10 minutes after washing my hands, I needed to apply lotion instead of that tight feeling immediately after washing my hands.

Once I washed my hands I could not detect any scent from the soap on my hands at all.

I recommend buying the shower gel which was strongly scented and staying away from the soap if you are buying this for the fragrance.

The 6 pack of soap I have will eventually be used, but only because I hate to be wasteful. I would not repurchase the bar soap of this variety again. I would purchase the shower gel to try it out because it has a lot more fragrance to it. I don't know how moisturizing or drying it is, as I have never tried it.

I am a bit let down, I was excited to try this soap and it isn't all that great. But then again, I only paid $5.85 for 6 bars of it. It will most likely be soap used at the sink to wash hands just to use it up.

I advise going for the shower gel and skipping the bar soap. The shower gel smells great!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by whisper

OMG this body wash smells amazing. I'm already a big fan of Caress 'Evenly Gorgeous' body wash (that also smells amazing btw) so when I smelled this stuff in the store, I snatched it right up. Couldn't wait to get home and try it out!! It's awesome, and the scent lingers on your skin and makes you smell really good for the whole entire day :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by trixie1803

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this today after smelling it in the store=it smells just like Blackberry Musk! I love Caress bodywashes and this is my favorite next to Evenly Gorgeous. It is a beautiful light magenta color and is really pretty. I have only washed my hands with it and they are super soft. This is going to be a repurchase for me.