April 21, 2014 | 1484 users online

Dry Shampoo - Beyond The Zone - Rock On Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 on 4/7/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Sassymedusa

Judging from past reviews it seems this can doesn't have many uses in it. I sincerely hope that is the case because this is just like spraying alcohol into my hair. I can't get any powder out! There's nothing to absorb oil, no matter how hard or how long I shake up the can. It smells good, so there's that.

So far nothing has beaten the Batiste Original. I don't love the smell but it sure does leave my hair looking clean.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Not a bad dry shampoo after all! My experience with Suave's dry shampoo was horrible (the strong pineapple smell, the stickyness and dirtyness after using) so I was kind of scared of trying this out, but my hair had gotten really oily and I had no time to style it, so I did.
I really like this one better! It feels fresh and once you massage it into your roots and brush it out, the hair feels pretty clean afterwards. Not sticky and gross, at least for me. The smell is kind of masculine but it fades away after a while. Since I just started using it I can't talk about the longevity of the product itself. It does leave some white residue but it fades away too and it's not as horrible as the one Suave's dry shampoo left on my scalp. It also does not provoke me itchiness like the other brand. I may find this works on my head because I have a lot of full thick hair and the oil distributes evenly. But for someone with thin, SUPER oily hair the product can leave the hair sticky and dry with patches of dandruff. It all depends on the hair type I guess...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by TrueCOWgirl

I'm scrolling through the reviews, and see some people say it makes their ends dry. Dry shampoo is designed just for a touch-up on the roots, not to replace a shower.

I've only tried one other dry shampoo (TRESemme.... Hated it), so I don't have much to compare it to, but I enjoyed it a lot. Not a fan of the smell, but it didn't leave residue and it absorbed the oil fairly well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Jexka

I'm so surprised by all the negative reviews on this dry shampoo because I love this stuff! I have super oily hair and I have tried out tons of different dry shampoos for those days where I want to extend my hairstyle or days when I'm too lazy or don't have time to wash my hair. I was running low on another dry shampoo, and I saw this at Sally's and decided to try it out. This is one of the best dry shampoos I have used.
Like with any dry shampoo, I just shake the can and spray all over my roots. You don't need to use a ton of product to absorb the oil, so the can lasted me a decent amount of time. I've used some dry shampoos that come out a little wet that I have to let sit on my head for a few minutes before I can rub the product in, but this one comes out totally dry, so I can use it in a hurry. I don't find that it leaves a white cast, and it doesn't leave my hair feeling sticky like some other products have. Also, this doesn't have any fallout when I touch my hair throughout the day. Most importantly, this lasts all day, even into the next day. I could go 48 hours with just one application of this before I began to get greasy again, which is pretty much unheard of for me. I also like that the citrusy smell isn't too strong, but it does mask that gross dirty hair smell very well.
I definitely recommend this dry shampoo to anyone with oily hair. It seems most of the complaints about this are due to faulty bottles, but mine was fine, so the issue may have been resolved. I say give this a shot!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by magnifiquee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for a well priced dry shampoo because I do only wash my hair once a week and I needed something for when my hair was feeling extra greasy. I went to Sallys and picked this up, it was super cheap so that was great. I sprayed a bit on my roots, massaged it into my scalp and then brushed it out. It worked very well, I felt fresher and it did not leave my hair brittle and hard or with a grey cast like some dry shampoos do. I also really like the smell of it compared to other dry shampoos. For the people getting bad results maybe try spraying your hair from further away? If you are spraying too close it makes sense why your hair is feeling gross and dry. I'd recommend this to anyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/20/2013 4:53:00 AM More reviews by Ash19

I tried this because a girl who was working at my local Sallys recommended it. She said it was great at absorbing oil and said it smelled great, too. I couldn't disagree more. This stuff just smells like chemicals. I hated the way my hair felt when I used this on it, too. It's like it was coated with old 90's aerosol hairspray: very stiff, tacky and brittle. I couldn't get a brush through easily. After a few hours, the roots would be oily again, too. So my ends would be funky and stiff and my roots would be oily. Lastly, it left white particles everywhere. It was hard on my hair to try to brush them in, with the weird texture and all. Never again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

I didn't like this product. It makes my ends dry, doesn't clean well and leaves hair too stiff and "together", I couldn't run my hands trough it. It left my hair white even though I tried not to apply too directly and the oil was still noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 4:25:00 PM More reviews by smolderingviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised by all the negative reviews on here! I really like this stuff. I only wash my hair every 3 days or so and this works wonders in between. I've been using the same can for about four months and haven't had any problems with the nozzle clogging or getting too much powder or propellant out of the can at any one time. The only thing I don't like about this is that sometimes it leaves a powdery white residue in my very very dark (almost black) hair. Even when I attack it with a fine tooth comb it doesn't seem to go away with anything but time. Over all I really like this stuff. I will definitely continue to purchase it over and over again.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by aditswimbug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Glad to know I'm not the only one experiencing problems with this dry shampoo. I was so excited to try it when Sally had a sale, but I got only ONE use out of it, which is not worth it, sale or not! I was in the process of moving when I purchased it, and when I unpacked at my new home, I found the bottle completely empty. There was no sign of leakage or spill on the outside of the can, or damage to the can. I thought I was crazy! Maybe I'd used it in my sleep?!? Seriously, this went through my mind....and the can went in the trash. I will not repurchase until this defect has been remedied. At that time, I'd really like to try the product again. It worked very nicely to refresh hair without leaving a film, and I was able to easily direct the spray (so as not to waste product....hahaha ironic, isn't it?)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2012 10:46:00 AM More reviews by miele2007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far, so good. It makes my hair noticeably "fluffier," as a co-worker told me. It's fairly cheap, and doesn't have an overpowering scent (like Serge Normant or Oscar Blandi.) As of now, I'll be rebuying when I run out.