October 31, 2014 | 871 users online

Concealers - Neutrogena - Healthy Skin Brightening Eye Perfector SPF 25 in Fair 05

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 12:31:00 AM More reviews by LadyLaurel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This review is for the eye perfector in light. I really don't need a "concealer", even at my age. I have no problems with dark circles or puffiness. I did purchase this for an eye brightener. I feel it does an excellent job at that. I feel that I look younger and more awake with this. I absolutely love it and will definitely re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 7:13:00 PM More reviews by Hooverbunny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure I will buy this again. It is very drying and the coverage is so so. I do like the applicator. It helps to carefully cover the eyes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 6:04:00 PM More reviews by JulesOfWisdom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I usually use Maybelline's Dream Lumi in Radiant, but have not been able to find it so I bought this. It's not as brightening as the Lumi, but the added SPF balances that out for me. If you found the Lumi too brightening for you, then you'd probably love this. Same type applicator, twist/clicker brush, & consistency of product, thin. This isn't a true concealer, but it's good for brightening the under eye area if you have shadows. Kills the shadows. I really like it & have been reaching for this over my Lumi...I still have some product in my present one. It gives a more natural brightening effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by mirandahoang97

I'm not a big fan of Neutrogena, but my friend recommended this, so I tried it. It was okay, and it did some coverage, IT IS NOT A CONCEALER, so don't expect lots of coverage. It is simply a brightening for eye. I would recommend you to buy the Rimmel London concealer and highlighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by YEAHAnGiE

I found the best way to use this product is to put it on over my foundation, after I put the product on I let it set for 40 seconds to 1 min then I use my middle finger to press it in or pate it in. I found out if I rube the product it would completely disappear and take my foundation with it too. If you have serious dark bags then I suggest you use a more coverage conselaer then use this product over so it can brighten your face. If you are just looking to look more awake in the morning and to just brighten your eyes this is a good product, I would repurchase this product again. I also didn't have any break out using this product and it lasts a long time on my face without a primer. I did not find this product to br cakey at all and it was not orange. The price was a draw back for me but the amount of product you get is really good I use it everyday for 3 months and I haven't ran out yet.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by mmarteen

I love the packaging, the brush applicator is perfect for concealer. It's a better concealer than the "lipstick" types I've used. But it just doesn't do the job for me, either coverage or brightening. I would say it makes my dark circles look a little less bad, but still bad. And I did get a good match to my normal skin tone with Fair 05.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by coffeedogsmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in "Fair" - - seriously, it is *so dark*, I wonder if the product I got is mis-labeled? I am extremely porcelain pale, especially this time of year (January) For reference, if I used MAC (which I don't) I would be the lightest NC 10 or 15. This Neutrogena pen makes me look sallow, bruised and almost green under my eyes. Not brightening in the least. If you are very fair, I would run far away from this pen. I will stick with Loreal Magic Lumi Pen, much better for porcelain skin and gives a brightening effect.
I think I wasted about $10 or $11 on this, so I'm bummed out. I tried mixing it with some lighter concealers I have but it simply makes me look sick.

The texture is actually not bad, sort of a thicker consistency, and if you don't pile on too much it doesn't settle in lines/make you look wrinkly. The pen itself is quite fat compared to other brightening pens I have tried and you get 4.9 grams of product which is alot. Maybe this justifies the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2013 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lexylynn

Finding an under eye concealer has been nothing short of a challenge for me. I have tiny little lines that any concealer I have previously tried has emphasized them to the point where they look like full blown wrinkles. I was trolling the drugstore before work one morning and picked this up on a whim.

Price: I always felt like Neutrogena was a middle ground between drugstore and high end with its pricing. It is definitely on the pricier side of drugstore products. This cost me 13 bucks I think... so yeah, expensive for drugstore.

Shades: I believe there are three or four shades of this. I am pretty light and I am the shade "light" in this (2nd to lightest). Definitely a rough buy for people with darker skin tones, but, then again, you are supposed to go a couple shades lighter on under eye concealer so you still might be able to get a shade that fits.

Packaging: I really love the packaging of this product. It comes in a twisty pen with a brush on the end of it where the product comes out. Not too much is dispensed at one time so it is very controlled. It is coated in metallic silver, so it looks really high end. I've had mine for 4 or 5 months maybe and it seriously looks like I used barely any, though I use it every day.

Formula: Loving the formula. It's not a creamy texture, I would call it more of a thick liquid. It is blendable and doesn't seem to settle into my fine lines, which is what I was really searching for in this concealer. It covers pretty well, but, to be honest, my dark circles aren't too bad so I can't fully vouch for the coverage but it does the job for me.

Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend this concealer if you can get over a semi-high price tag for a drugstore product and can find a shade that you're happy with!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by ashree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I received this in a kit from BzzAgent but I promise that my review is unbiased! I was very skeptical of this product given the poor reviews I had read here and elsewhere. Also, I kind of picked the shade on a whim which is bad when you're like me and suck at selecting foundation/concealer matches for yourself.
However, I have been very pleasantly surprised by this product! I put a generous amount in my undereye area where I have very blue dark circles and some tear-trough shadows. This significantly brightened and even concealed the dark blueness. I layered some LM Secret Concealer over it for a little more coverage. So far, this seems to work even better than my BB Corrector, so I'm really surprised by this product.
Also, can't beat that it has SPF25, which will hopefully help prevent any more undereye fine lines from forming :)
I'll update my review after I've been using this for awhile.

EDIT: So after learning some new techniques with my other concealers and trying the MAC highlighter, I am no longer impressed with this product..it just doesn't work well enough. I have to layer my Bobbi Brown corrector, Dermablend concealer then top with MAC Prep and Prime highlighter to look like I'm not a zombie. I only plan to use this product on the weekends when I'm lounging around home and want to use up product.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by lunaviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As its name suggests, this is really good for "brightening" the eye area. If you're only looking to camouflage really dark eye circles, you might want to try a different concealer. This product is reminiscent of YSL Touch Eclat down to the formula and packaging. I got it in Fair which is a bit light for my NC25 skin, but I can make it work because of the consistency of the formula. The concealer itself is thin and provides some light coverage. The formula contains good for you ingredients such as soy, Vitamin E and chamomile which is suppose to help depuff the eye area. I don't have a problem with puffiness, so I can't comment on that. The magic of the concealer is the optical brighteners that highlight the areas you need to, such as the inner corners of the eye and the browbone. The effect is subtle but noticeable. The packaging is an elegant silver tube with a clickable brush at the end. It's easy to use and the brush places the concealer right where you need it. This is great for a refreshed, natural look. I find myself reaching for it more and more. Would definitely repurchase.