L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Redness Primer

2.8

on 7/28/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

There are a lot of reviews for this product in the wrong place. This is NOT a BB cream - this is a anti-redness primer. (the reviews referring to any orange are talking about the BB cream - a very different product)

I think this is a great product if you know how to use it, and have a need for it. I have very red cheeks. The kind of red that looks like I am always sunburned on my cheeks. Red enough that I rarely wear blush, because my natural flush is always showing through, even with full coverage foundation.

It works. It's not a miracle working product that vanishes redness, but it really does reduce the redness, so my cheeks require less coverage with my foundation. I use a small amount, and only apply to the red areas on my face. It just helps to neutralize the red a little bit, for more even toned skin.

It is NOT a concealer, and is not meant to be worn alone. It needs to be covered by something else. If you just have a slight redness (natural flush) to your skin, this product really isn't meant for you.

The price is a bit high for drugstore, but you get a lot of product. The consistency is thin, and you really only need a small amount of product to help neutralize red areas. I have dry skin, and had no issues applying.

on 7/14/2015 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cons.: hard to blend; has glitter; pricey; makes skin oily.

Pros.: helps with redness; can be worn along.

I bought this, because I have redness in the t-zone and wanted a better packaging than other L'oreal primers.. It does help with that, but....it makes even normal/combination skin look oily after a couple of hours. The magic perfecting base on the other hand doesn't, but doesn't have a sanitary packaging, as it is in a jar. I would not buy it again and I don't use it every day. I will be going back to magic perfecting base despite the packaging.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was looking for a green primer for my rosey skin and tried nyx, physicians formula green concealer, and another loreal product which was an anti redness bb cream. All of those products were horrible and would not blend or did nothing to combat redness. This primer was what I initially wanted and I love it. It shows up green which is good because it helps to even out the skin tone, but you have to use this with liquid foundation. This product is meant to be a primer and not worn alone. I tried with my bare minerals powder and was paranoid the green was showing through but under liquid foundation it is wonderful.Don't know if this makes my makeup last longer or skin oilier I wasn't looking at this for the primer aspect because I use MOM,

UPDATE:

I have since stopped using this primer because I ran out. I think it is a wonderful product but it is hard for me to find the right amount to use because with this my foundation can really pile up and look cakey

on 1/21/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I ALWAYS have redness on my face, and I'm super pale so its almost impossible for me to find a redness correcting product that doesn't make my pale skin look sickly. This doesn't make me look sickly because its not too thick, that being said, it doesn't cover redness super well.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It works good! Of course any color corrector will add a color to your face to balance out the red. I have mild rosacea on cheeks forehead and chin and it really works well! Does it leave a slight orange tint? Yes,( at least it's not green) but applying a foundation or BB cream completely corrects this issue. DONT FORGET TO SHAKE IT UP!

This product is meant for a spot/area treatment and not to use all over face!

on 11/7/2014 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This did nothing for anti-redness or priming. Or left my skin dry, patchy and still red. I wouldn't recommend at all. If you're looking for a cheap green primer the NYX color correcting green primer is a great choice!

on 10/2/2014 10:30:00 AM

Though it goes on smooth, it also quickly changes to an orange spray suntan look. Obviously not for fairer skin. I thought it might be a cheaper substitute for the Smashbox version, but it doesn't come close.

on 8/13/2014 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have mixed feelings about this product. It did do a good job at correcting the redness I have on my chin and my nose. However, the product becomes orange once you rub in it. I am a pretty fair gal so this made me look way too orange. Once I put my foundation on, it seemed to be a little less orange but my redness was completely. I loved the color-correcting part of it but it needs to come in different tones. I ended up returning this and am still on the hunt for the perfect color-correcting primer.

on 5/7/2014 10:13:00 AM

I wasn't sure i would be able to use this properly - the green freaked me out. But i was a good girl and did some google research. I went to vegas and the hot desert sun had me looking like a tomato. I mixed this with my foundation and it was like magic, all the red was gone. I even put some on my arms and chest and it worked. Great buy if used properly!

on 2/24/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this primer at all even under foundation it makes my face look so sick and pale and dull.... It makes me really oily through out the day and it had tiny sparkles In it... Don't buy

Popular Primer/ Correctors