Garnier Anti-Dark-Circle Eye Roller

on 8/14/2015 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

During high school, I used to swear by this stuff alone to conceal my rather panda-like dark circles and highlight parts of my face for instant brightness. Five years later, I still repurchase this eye roller concealer because of how sheer it is. I have used Maybelline's Instant Rewind Eraser and I hated how dry the formula was compared to Garnier's! I currently use Bobbi Brown's correcter in the shade Bisque which does a lovely job at hiding the dark purple circles under my eyes, but leaves a peachy tone instead. I use the Anti-Dark Circle Eye roller on top of it and instantly the sheer color adjusts to my cool yellow toned skin. It is a pricy concealer but this has never failed me after all these years. I have oily skin, but I never experienced this feeling greasy. I have seen some slight creasing when it gets to my fine lines under my eyes but I just gently blend it back in with a ring finger. I will admit it's not the best packaging because sometimes the metal ball will leak out the product and it ends up making a mess in the cap. I still can overlook it as I love how this performs. I recommend this to anyone who is low maintenance with their makeup and I'll definitely go repurchase this again as my 7th one!

on 7/18/2015 9:16:00 PM

I've tried loads of more expensive concealers ( Nars, Benefit, Clarins) and none compared to this purse friendly product. Spreads easily, illuminates the skin, hides bags and darkness. It is thin, pleasant to non existent scent and a easy to apply, cooling rolling ball in a slim packaging. Travel, gym and hand bag friendly too. A winner that I will repurchase with pleasure.

on 5/17/2015 8:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is very, very light coverage undereye concealer. Although it initially brightened my eye area, it barely lasted. After a mere few hours, this product just disappears and leaves a nasty residue. The application was kind of nice because of the metal ball (felt cooling under the eye) despite the design being kind of tacky.

on 4/3/2015 2:45:00 AM

This happens to be my go to under eye product. I have three back ups now. I use it on a regular basis and do not really need any other things for the purpose. I do not have massive under eye dark circles and so this one does the job for me. It is of thin texture which I personally like and has a cooling effect too. The packaging is good and user friendly and the price is affordable as well. This would be one of my holy grail products with really decent staying power. A big thumps up for this one and It would make me sad if Garnier discontinued this product. So yes I would definitely repurchase this as and when I need it.

on 4/2/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I wasn't sure about this at first, but after trying out a number of other dark circle concealer products (including expensive products such as MAC) I came back to this one and actually prefer it. I have terrible tear troughs and while it doesn't cover them completely (nothing really can, anyhow) it does help with a combination of products. I apply it to my finger first and then lightly dab it from the inner corner of my tear troughs outwards, expanding the width of coverage as I move to the outer edge of my eye. It takes a bit of practice to apply it evenly. The product on its own doesn't provide amazing coverage, as it is quite 'liquidy', but I much prefer it over the cakey stuff, which creates terrible creases under my eyes. I then set it with my usual powder foundation using a flat or angled brush, concentrating on the deepest part of the troughs. Doing this doesn't seem to create creases, at least not too badly, and it provides quite an OK coverage, considering how bad my tear troughs are!

on 3/29/2015 4:43:00 PM

This stuff is better than I expected. It goes on thin and dries fast. I am tempted to pry off the rollerball applicator and try using this with a brush.
I have very pale skin and the color (Light to Medium?) is perfect for me.
I read that someone here on MUA uses this Garnier under another product... I will try this.

on 3/29/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I was looking for a simple, inexpensive "beginner's" eye treatment for my increasingly dark (29 year old, kindergarten teacher, allergy afflicted) undereye area after my husband asked me a few weeks ago if one of my students had bumped into my nose because I looked like I had "two black eyes!" Obviously, I needed to start taking some action.

I usually use Maybelline's lumi concealer for my undereye areas and wasn't necessarily looking for a treatment+concealer but after scanning the info on the box and on MUA about this, I decided to give it a go. The concealer is a bit dark for me in the light/medium shade, as I am very fair, but not so much that it's glaringly obvious or unusable. I like the orange tint this has, as it counteracts the purple. The concealer rolls on thinly and provides light coverage. I often need to add a little more after the first layer. The roller ball puts out a measured amount of product without waste or mess, and feels cool on the eye area. I blend lightly with my fingers and am good to go, with brighter eyes and no confusion over phantom injuries. Lasts all day without needing to be powder set, with no creasing or fading. Does not irritate eye area although my eyes do tend to water/blink for just a second or two when I first apply it.

As far as the treatment portion goes, I need to give this some more time, but I haven't seen any real changes yet. I will update my review after continued use as to the overall effect of the treatment portion.

Update: ended up discontinuing use after not having ANY discernible, lasting results or change from the "treatment" component and finding the concealer portion to be less efficient than my standby, the Lumi wand. Bumping down to a 3 rating for "average."

Price: $12.69, Ulta
Packaging: Practical, efficient, appealing looking

on 2/4/2015 10:45:00 AM

The first few times a friend used it on me, my massive undereye redness was covered and the bags were shrunk. I was hooked! Initially, the product goes on heavier, so it's a really great concealer, but after awhile, even a few layers doesn't work the same magic. I would describe it as a sheer veil. It's very natural looking on my fair skin, but no longer the dream magic product it was fresh out of the box. I'll have to keep looking for a concealer to cover my genetically blessed red undereye bags.

on 1/6/2015 9:14:00 PM

I do NOT recommend this product. Here are my points :
-My dark circles are pretty dark and I also have some veins there so I was looking for a concealer with good coverage but this is just not the one. The coverage is really light.
- Gets so greasy. My under eye areas are dry so this is really weird.
- Don't try to hide pimples. It doesn't cover ANYTHING and it would just get oily.
- So, so, so ORANGE. What the heck is that.

on 1/5/2015 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

I have used this every day for about six months and really like it! I have a real problem with dark circles under my eyes and this seems to illuminate the skin and make it look youthful and bright. The formula is pretty thin and I always have to blend with my fingers but that makes it look natural, unlike the thick cream concealers which cake and crack. This is a great product!