The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Corn Starch Modified (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After putting this product on after ten minutes, four new spots arrived and my skin was tighter then ever even after applying moisturiser. I had to quickly wash this off and exfoliate my skin in hopes it would stop. Definitely wouldn't recommend this product it's awful if you're trying to avoid spots and cracked skin

on 8/16/2015 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this toner every night after using my clarasonic to get any dead skin off my face and prevent future breakouts (the tea tree is really good for this, and i found this product while my acne was far worse). But keep in mind, the product is strong - using this product too generously will not clear up skin any faster if you're worried about acne - if anything, it'll make you dry as a crisp and your skin will create heaps of oil to fix that... which means bad acne. Now that I don't have facial breakouts every day I'm finding it too strong and i have a bit of a tight feeling after using it...
But for those going through 'teen/chronic acne' stages, this product is great for you and removes makeup flawlessly also.

on 5/21/2015 11:01:00 PM

Absolutely rubbish!!!
I have combined skin & I am prone to break outs.
This product made my skin even worse, the breakouts were much worse the more I used this!!!
I also hated the smell, it's not a nice tea tree smell, it smells kind of off.
It really put me off tea tree products until I found lush tea tree toning water, much better than this!!!

on 5/3/2015 10:20:00 AM

This toner burns! At first it was quite nice but after a few weeks it started irritating and drying my skin. My skin was quite normal but after using this and tea tree face wash from the same line, my T zone got "very" oily. I have never had a that kind of situation before. I could literally see the oil on my T zone. Never buying this again. Also this has alcohol denat in it which is not very good for your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I love it. It doesn't help me with my oil problem, but I feel like it really improved my skin.. I have less blemishes and I use it together with the Tea Tree Oil from the Body Shop

on 3/1/2015 12:51:00 PM

I have been using this toner for a long time. I only use it when my skin feels more oily than usual (especially around nose and chin) and the result is great. It leaves the skin fresh, needs moisturizer re-balance it afterwards otherwise it dries my skin out. I find it very good for the price.

Received this as part of a set with the cleanser and moisturizer.

Pros
-Minimizes pores
-Water-based
-Mattifies oily parts of face
-Fair trade

Cons
-Medicinal smell
-Drying for normal or combination skin types

Personal thoughts are this product is optional for the skin care routine. If you want to use it effectively, only dab onto oiliest parts of your skin such as your T-Zone. Stop using if you notice that it dries out your skin too fast and always use with the tea tree moisturizing lotion.

on 12/26/2014 9:43:00 PM

I have bought 3 or 4 of these bottle and originally I loved them! They worked so well but i then stared getting a bunch of clogged pores. It's was horrible! I just switched off of this and my skin when back to normal. I'm very upset my holy grail toner has turned its back on me and now I'm stuck trying to find another

on 12/21/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Apparently it doesn't work for a lot of people, but for me it works perfectly. I have combo skin and I use this twice a day. I have used it twice a day for a month and I haven't had one bump -- even when hormonally when I usually get them -- no bumps!

Tea tree works great on my skin, but sometimes tea tree products burn (maybe alcohol content) but this does not.

When the body shop is having one of their 50% off sales this is especially worth it.

on 9/13/2014 11:49:00 PM

I would not recommend this if you have sensitive skin. This irritated my skin and left it red. If you love tea tree oil and want a toner, I recommend lush's tea tree water.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products