The Body Shop Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Alcohol Denat. (Solvent/Diluent), Corn Starch Modified (Skin Conditioning Agent), Caprylyl Glycol (Skin Conditioning Agent), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (Emulsifier), Glycerin (Humectant), Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil (Natural Additive), Salix Alba Bark Extract (Natural Additive), Allantoin (Skin Soothing Agent), Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Limonene (Natural Additive), Hamamelis Virginiana Extract (Natural Additive), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), t-Butyl Alcohol (Denaturant), Citral (Natural Additive), Leptospermum Petersonii Oil (Natural Additive), Denatonium Benzoate (Denaturant), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Caramel (Colour), CI 19140 (Colour), CI 42090 (Colour).

Tea tree oil is an ingredient that's supposed to soothe and heal zits and acne-related spots, so I picked this up during a period of time when I had major breakouts. There was some sediment at the bottom, so I had to shake it well before using.

It went on fine but it was very drying and irritating for my skin even with moisturiser on top. I used this for a week before noticing this. My skin is not very sensitive, so I was surprised that it was aggravated by this toner. I doubt this would be suitable for people with sensitive skin.

I ditched it and went back to using regular tea tree oil to treat my acne. This was a much gentler alternative. I also use OXY 5 now to reduce larger zits.

This is OK. I hade a small bottle first, and I thought it was quite good and I didn't have any motivation to find a new toner, so I bought a big one. Now, it doesn't make anything for my skin but it removes the rest of my make up and it leaves the skin feeling fresh. Sometimes, my skin reacts and gets a bit red because of this product. I don't think I'll buy this again, because it didn't remove any of my pimples.

At first I purchased a travel kit of this Tea Tree line from The Body Shop. I fell in love with this line and I'm at my 3rd bottle of this toner. In 2013-2014, I had severe acne in my forehead and cheeks for about 1.5 years. Before that I had clear skin, sometimes I have a zit here and there. I tried so many products and methods (spa, take hormone meds) but nothing work. Not until I tried this line and I have to say that I'm very pleased with the result.

Pros:
- Make your skin feel so clean
- I love the scent
- The zit's size will reduce overnight after you apply it

Cons:
- Will sting a little when you apply it
- Dry your skin out -> use a moisturizer to solve this

Don't forget to shake it well before use to dissolve the cornstarch into the toner (the white part at the bottle's bottom)

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

After putting this product on after ten minutes, four new spots arrived and my skin was tighter then ever even after applying moisturiser. I had to quickly wash this off and exfoliate my skin in hopes it would stop. Definitely wouldn't recommend this product it's awful if you're trying to avoid spots and cracked skin

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this toner every night after using my clarasonic to get any dead skin off my face and prevent future breakouts (the tea tree is really good for this, and i found this product while my acne was far worse). But keep in mind, the product is strong - using this product too generously will not clear up skin any faster if you're worried about acne - if anything, it'll make you dry as a crisp and your skin will create heaps of oil to fix that... which means bad acne. Now that I don't have facial breakouts every day I'm finding it too strong and i have a bit of a tight feeling after using it...
But for those going through 'teen/chronic acne' stages, this product is great for you and removes makeup flawlessly also.

Absolutely rubbish!!!
I have combined skin & I am prone to break outs.
This product made my skin even worse, the breakouts were much worse the more I used this!!!
I also hated the smell, it's not a nice tea tree smell, it smells kind of off.
It really put me off tea tree products until I found lush tea tree toning water, much better than this!!!

This toner burns! At first it was quite nice but after a few weeks it started irritating and drying my skin. My skin was quite normal but after using this and tea tree face wash from the same line, my T zone got "very" oily. I have never had a that kind of situation before. I could literally see the oil on my T zone. Never buying this again. Also this has alcohol denat in it which is not very good for your skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have oily skin and I love it. It doesn't help me with my oil problem, but I feel like it really improved my skin.. I have less blemishes and I use it together with the Tea Tree Oil from the Body Shop

I have been using this toner for a long time. I only use it when my skin feels more oily than usual (especially around nose and chin) and the result is great. It leaves the skin fresh, needs moisturizer re-balance it afterwards otherwise it dries my skin out. I find it very good for the price.

Received this as part of a set with the cleanser and moisturizer.

Pros
-Minimizes pores
-Water-based
-Mattifies oily parts of face
-Fair trade

Cons
-Medicinal smell
-Drying for normal or combination skin types

Personal thoughts are this product is optional for the skin care routine. If you want to use it effectively, only dab onto oiliest parts of your skin such as your T-Zone. Stop using if you notice that it dries out your skin too fast and always use with the tea tree moisturizing lotion.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products