August 21, 2014 | 1322 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

Love this product! Will most definitely be repurchasing (have been for the last few months already!) Strong enough to stop little breakouts yet not so strong it causes overdrying/breaking out. May be slightly more expensive than the supermarket brands but the results are well worth the extra price :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Bellaleeross

First of all, my skin LOVES tea tree oil, I have great success applying pure tea tree to blemishes and watching them disappear. Needed a new toner, seemed like a no-brainer. I was genuinely excited to start using this, knowing, again, that tea tree keeps my skin clear better than salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide. OVERNIGHT disaster zone! 1 month later and I still have scarring, I will never use this product again-it broke me out in deep, infected acne like crazy! Contemplating wether something else was going on I was afraid, but I did go bad to this 1 month later-same result only this time required medical treatment! My skin hated this product. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This is such a great toner. Strong enough to remove make up and gentle enough to not cause any problems to the skin. I use this after i washed my face just to remove any traces of make up using a cotton pad. Bought the smaller version of the this toner to try it out and it has lasted me about 3 months. Already purchased my 2nd bottle. Great product, great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product in a starter kit, and I have to say I'm quite impressed! I really like it's mattifying properties, and it's innovative powder you have to shake first to activate the product. I found this toner to be affective against my breakouts, however it may have been a little too harsh, as after when I looked at my cotton pad I would see faint traces of blood...I checked the ingredients and found that it uses a fair bit of alcohol. Personally, I don't like toners that use alcohol as not only does it dry out the skin and not moisturize it preparing it for emulsion and serum, but it's also quite harsh! However it does effective draw out impurities within the skin, but I think this product is too damaging and harsh for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by missauve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I wanted to try out a tea tree product because I had used a lotion before and loved it. I have acne prone, sensitive skin.
I bought this and used in for a few days, and I broke out like crazy… Much worse than I ever had before. My bf was like what is going on?? It was horrible. So I stopped of course… and it took a while to get back to my skin before.
I ended up giving it to my sister who gets maybe one pimple a month, and she seemed OK with it. Don’t know what is in it that didn't work for me, but I would never use it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner from The Body Shop as part of Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The toner alone is $12. I don't use this alone; I use it only after I cleanse my face with Tea Tree Oil Face Wash. This does leave my face feeling tight & a little dry, but I don't mind it because that's mainly what I want it to do. It dries up the excess dirt & oil on my skin. I don't personally use this to remove makeup, but I read reviews that said it does! It certainly does leave my skin shine-free but not for long, because my skin produces oil like it gets paid.

In any case, this toner is great & gets my face ready for moisturizing. (Which secretly has me wondering why so many people complaining about it drying their faces… are people not moisturizing after they tone?!)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by sabsara

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This dried out my skin and make my acne much much worse! I bought the toner and the face wash when the website was having a 40% off sale, so it wasn't that expensive at all , but for what it did to my skin even a penny would be too much. Not only did I get tiny white heads all over my face, I also got deep cystic acne, which I've never , ever had! Now I have a face full of acne at various levels of healing, which will most likely turn into hyper-pigmentation. I know what tea tree smells like, but this was way worse, and the fact that one of the main ingredients is alcohol added stinging and burning to the experience. I hate this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Ellieenri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It cleared out my pimples! Plain and simple. The smell is strong but you get used to it. The facial wash also helps to maintain my breakouts. It's fast and gentle on my skin. It can dry your skin but always use moisturizer. If you really want to get rid of a zit by the next day... Use PURE TREE TEA OIL and it will dry that zit out.

Always be on the look out for sales...especially Black Friday... It's worth the wait if you don't want to pay too much for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Absolutely love this toner. I have only been using it a couple of days and am quite impressed with it. I was a bit scared it may irritate my sensitive skin but it hasn't at all. I have been a loyal user of Murad toner for acne but the price tag is too steep. The price of this toner ($12 CAD) was much more in my price range. I put some of this in a spray bottle and also use it as a face mist throughout the day. It does an excellent job at mattifying the skin but not drying it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Giginessa13

In the fall, I developed a facial rash called perioral dermatitis. I had to stop using my usual cleansers and Cljnique Clarifying lotion, and completely switch to just cleansing with Manuka Honey. Once my skin healed, I realized I wanted a toner again, but I knew I couldn't go back to what I was using in fear of aggravating it. I found so this one, and I love that it doesn't break me out or dry me out. I get that people are wary of the alcohol denat, but I have sensitive skin and it didn't bother me. I know everyone is different though. I love that it is fragrance and aloe free (aloe is not good for me), and tgat my skin feels clean after using it. The body shop has great sales, so you can't beat the price. The only criticism is that the packaging sucks. The cap is breaking :/. PS and BTW, check this out on COSDNA and you will see it has very little acne causing ratings.