October 21, 2014 | 1862 users online

Toners - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner

rated 1 of 5 on 9/13/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by jsscavt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I would not recommend this if you have sensitive skin. This irritated my skin and left it red. If you love tea tree oil and want a toner, I recommend lush's tea tree water.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by norainashah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

First thing first, this product irritate my skin and I'm irritated by the line itself. Every product in this line is just too harsh on my skin. I breakout abnormally after using this. I have extremely oily skin and by that i mean my whole face gets oily. Not just t zone but cheeks, eyelids whatever you name it. I dont have acne but i do get big cystic pimple here and there, every now and then. It leaves of a menthol feel too which i hate. Overall, i wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 11:29:00 PM More reviews by HeyitsFrance

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just bought my fifth bottle today. This stuff is amazing. Clears my skin right up. I also really like how tingly it gets. Paired with a good soothing moisturizer, it will definitely help with breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by DisNicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was great for maybe a 1- 3 weeks. Then I had a serious breakout and it only made it worse and more irritated, and months later and I am still searching for something to reverse the damage. Also I mean, it's kindof a pain in the butt that you have to shake the bejeezus out of the bottle before every use.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:51:00 PM More reviews by CatherineElizabeth90

Love this product! Will most definitely be repurchasing (have been for the last few months already!) Strong enough to stop little breakouts yet not so strong it causes overdrying/breaking out. May be slightly more expensive than the supermarket brands but the results are well worth the extra price :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Bellaleeross

First of all, my skin LOVES tea tree oil, I have great success applying pure tea tree to blemishes and watching them disappear. Needed a new toner, seemed like a no-brainer. I was genuinely excited to start using this, knowing, again, that tea tree keeps my skin clear better than salicylic acid and benzyl peroxide. OVERNIGHT disaster zone! 1 month later and I still have scarring, I will never use this product again-it broke me out in deep, infected acne like crazy! Contemplating wether something else was going on I was afraid, but I did go bad to this 1 month later-same result only this time required medical treatment! My skin hated this product. Disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by SMaj

This is such a great toner. Strong enough to remove make up and gentle enough to not cause any problems to the skin. I use this after i washed my face just to remove any traces of make up using a cotton pad. Bought the smaller version of the this toner to try it out and it has lasted me about 3 months. Already purchased my 2nd bottle. Great product, great price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product in a starter kit, and I have to say I'm quite impressed! I really like it's mattifying properties, and it's innovative powder you have to shake first to activate the product. I found this toner to be affective against my breakouts, however it may have been a little too harsh, as after when I looked at my cotton pad I would see faint traces of blood...I checked the ingredients and found that it uses a fair bit of alcohol. Personally, I don't like toners that use alcohol as not only does it dry out the skin and not moisturize it preparing it for emulsion and serum, but it's also quite harsh! However it does effective draw out impurities within the skin, but I think this product is too damaging and harsh for my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/11/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by missauve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

So I wanted to try out a tea tree product because I had used a lotion before and loved it. I have acne prone, sensitive skin.
I bought this and used in for a few days, and I broke out like crazy… Much worse than I ever had before. My bf was like what is going on?? It was horrible. So I stopped of course… and it took a while to get back to my skin before.
I ended up giving it to my sister who gets maybe one pimple a month, and she seemed OK with it. Don’t know what is in it that didn't work for me, but I would never use it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:00:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner from The Body Shop as part of Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The toner alone is $12. I don't use this alone; I use it only after I cleanse my face with Tea Tree Oil Face Wash. This does leave my face feeling tight & a little dry, but I don't mind it because that's mainly what I want it to do. It dries up the excess dirt & oil on my skin. I don't personally use this to remove makeup, but I read reviews that said it does! It certainly does leave my skin shine-free but not for long, because my skin produces oil like it gets paid.

In any case, this toner is great & gets my face ready for moisturizing. (Which secretly has me wondering why so many people complaining about it drying their faces… are people not moisturizing after they tone?!)