November 21, 2014 | 1691 users online

Shampoo - Pureology - Super Smooth Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2014 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm almost finished with my first bottle and have a second one spare. I like that it has a pleasant scent, lathers well and rinses out cleanly. I also like that when my hair air dries, it feels soft and smooth instead of the frizz ball it usually is, so I know this shampoo does work. I'm also getting less split ends. One lippie off because I still feel the need to wash my hair every two days - it can make it feel a little heavy sometimes, but that's not really a bad thing. It's definitely one of the best shampoos I've ever used, and will happily continue to buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/21/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by jessic2952

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought travel sizes of the shampoo and conditioner of this while trying to figure out what to switch to (my then-current shampoo/conditioner combo weren't cutting it anymore). Holy residue, batman! Ugh, this stuff left what felt like wax in my hair. I had to buy a clarifying shampoo just to wash this crap out.
Kudos to the manufacturer though, for designing a bottle that allows all the product to eventually make its way out!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by alliwoods

I have been using this for years and just love it. It keeps frizziness away until you wash it again. Not oily, heavy, or drying, this is the perfect shampoo medium textured hair!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 9:51:00 AM More reviews by josoha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Full product review on my blog Nourish & Soothe

5 Rating Review

Effectiveness: As already mentioned, this shampoo rocks! You only need a small amount of the product, as it quickly works up a lather that covers all of my long, fine hair in just a matter of seconds. I also use the matching conditioner which is also just as good. My hair feels full of life, easy to comb when wet and the hair looks very naturally after I blow dry it. (10/10)
Fragrance: The scent is slightly more chemical than traditional natural shampoos, which makes me wonder whatís really in the fragrance. However, itís a pleasant smell and adds to the enjoyment of my morning routine. (7/10)
Results: My usual frizz is significantly less than with other shampoos. This means I can scrap using any styling product afterwards, which is a big bonus. Hair looks smooth and healthy! (10/10)
Packaging: The packaging really does the job. Iím able to use the very last drop of this shampoo and the dispenser is easy to use and Iím able to get out the exact amount I need, which is surprisingly little compared to other shampoos (and I have long hair!). (9/10)
Value: The 250 ml bottle costs around 29 USD, and as you only need to use a small amount the bottle lasts unusually long compared to most shampoos Iíve tried. I would say one bottle usually lasts me 1 1/2 months, and I wash my hair every day. Cost per wash would be around 0.64 USD, which I would say is fair for a high quality, salon type of shampoo. (8/10)

Iím worried about all chemicals present in this product, and most of them havenít had any research done on them to see if they could be toxic. Although I absolutely love this product, I canít say that I would recommend this product due to the very fact that the ingredient list is not as natural and safe as it is marketed as. I will most likely use up all my bottles that I have, but the hunt for the perfect natural shampoo is still on!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by mamamissy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use to use Pureology until a girlfriend recommended Shielo Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner.. I have been using it for a little over a month now and LOVE SHIELO.. I also bought the Leave in Protectant that I have yet to use. I have what I personally call-THICK AND NAPPY hair and Shielo tames the inner Don King in me. Doesn't leave build up, de-tangles the "NAP" and leaves my hair smelling great..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by emmgill

This is a really good shampoo, it's up there with being more expensive though. I have fund through trailing so many shampoos this one, the Redken all soft and the herbal essences frizz control shampoo are the best. This smellS amazing, cleans my hair well, doesn't strip it of moisture, makes me hair feel so so healthy, great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have wavy, color treated hair that usually gets quite frizzy and dry. This is the first product I've tried by this brand and I didn't really think much about it when picking it up because I just needed a new shampoo that would smooth down my hair. This is by far the best shampoo I have ever tried. It smoothes without making it oily and flat, and softenes my hair. I really like the smell and will definitely keep using it. I alternate between this one and the pink one by Kerastase for color treated hair, and that really works out for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by hollyr27

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Since moving to a dryer climate six months ago, my hair has been very dry, almost brittle and I noticed I was getting split ends like crazy. The texture of my hair has even changed. I'm used to having long, thick, sort of indestructible hair, then suddenly it was freaking out! I tried all sorts of treatments and nothing seemed to help. I found reviews for Pureology and decided to give it a try. What a difference a shampoo and conditioner can make! After just a few uses, I noticed my old hair was coming back. Shiny, strong and manageable. I literally tried almost every high end shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and treatment before finding Pureology. It is somewhat expensive but I found a great deal for and there are always some discounts online when you buy the larger size. I saw the reviews about the packaging and having difficulty getting the product out, I just bought the pump that came with it and have not had a problem. Also, some people said it didn't leave their hair feeling clean. I'm a "clean" freak and my hair doesn't seem to have any build up and feels and smells super clean. I do use a clarifying shampoo every other week as I tend to use a lot of argan oil, etc. I switch between the Smooth shampoo and conditioner and the Hydrating. The Smooth has a wonderful smell while the Hydrating has a good smell to the shampoo but I'm not crazy about the mint scent of the conditioner. Next on my list are their styling products.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by AKRockstar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product is just OK. I will stick to the Hydrate formulation because it works better and the scent is 10x better. This stuff smells soooo bad-very chemical-like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 5:56:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Miracle shampoo for thick, wavy hair. This particular formula of Pureology shampoo works best- some have too much protein for thicker hair. My only complaint with this line of shampoos and conditioners is that for a while they kept renaming them and changing the color packaging. I now purchase in the gajumbo size both this shampoo and it's matching conditioner.