October 24, 2014 | 934 users online

Blush - Silk Naturals - Poppy blush

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by bomkin

Ahhh! This color is very pretty on me! It's unlike any other blush color I have ever used! It's truly a unique color, at least for me. I have medium-tan skin that leans more to the warm side, with yellow undertones. This looks really natural, yet gives a nice wash of reddish pink color that I can wear any time of the year. Sadly however, it doesn't seem to last as long on my cheeks. It might be because it's rather sheer for me or because it goes well over a 100 degrees F where I live.

Anyway, the thing I love about it is that it's not completely red (which is the color of my choice on my cheeks that makes them look the most natural) but it's not completely coral/orange either. The first word that popped - in a rather unanticipated fashion, might I add - in my head when I saw myself in the mirror after some time of wearing this was *feminine*. This is *the* color I would use to describe what "feminine" looks like, haha.

The full-size I have of this is going to last me a long, long time. Also, I prefer matte blushes so this is perfect for me. That way, I can go for a matte look if I want but I can add a highlighter on top if I want a glow-look. Silk Natural's matte blushes are also not powdery or flat-looking even if they are matte, they still have that juicy-look. ;)

Edit 9/3/2014: I found out that I actually have yellow and olive undertones, and am more neutral than purely warm undertoned. I have since lost Poppy while moving but am planning to get it again in sample size. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 10:09:00 PM More reviews by stellar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

On the website this is described as being a "warm coral matte blush." It doesn't seem completely warm to me, but that's a pretty accurate description. It falls right between Flare and Wish You Were Here (which I've previously reviewed). It's a very pretty pinky/coral shade that has no shimmer and *is* matte, but still manages to have that yummy, juicy look to it, rather than looking chalky and lifeless. This is the only matte blush I've tried from SN as I tend to prefer blushes that have shimmer or sheen to them to help brighten up my face. This matte blush does manage to brighten up my face though, so I will definitely have to try more matte blushes from SN!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No