July 25, 2014 | 941 users online

Eye Shadow - Kevyn Aucoin - The Essential Eyeshadow Single

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2010 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have Midnight ( a deep matte smokey blue) and Bronze ( a burnished mid toned golden brown). KA powder shadows are very fine milled pigment saturated dramatic colors that require a light handed application. Midnight creases madly therefore I tend to use this more as liner than a lid shadow. Bronze is exotic, makes blue eyes pop with intensity and is shimmery but does not enhance fine lines or other age flaws. What I love most about this line is that each color has such subtle nuances that I have not found in other HE manufacturers, colors that one would think are boring are at once complex, mysterious and supremely sensual. Pricey but non regretful. I will purchase this line as long as it exists.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by sagc

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought two of these on the Hautelook sale about a month ago. The colors are Aubergine and Passion. The price was great, got them each for $6 but after reading some really good reviews, I'm disappointed. Aubergine starts out as a sort of plummy brown and Passion is a shimmery soft, subtle purple but on me they both turned brown. This happens to me a lot so I don't really count that against the brand and also they are both nice browns, not the orangey shade that I often get. But they don't go on as smoothly as I expected from a well rated brand and after I've had either shadow on for awhile the effect is rather muddy. The Aubergine is heavily pigmented and needs to be used with a light touch, the Passion goes on much lighter. They look very similar in the package. I may use these up but I doubt it and I will not repurchase.