December 20, 2014 | 1410 users online

Cleansers - Aveeno - Positively Radiant Makeup Removing Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kbed

myself, my sister and my mom use this daily. morning and night. I have acne prone skin and have tried every cleanser out there. I usually buy three or four at time when they go on sale. very gentle and my face always feels clean after I use it. for me this cleanser is the perfect balance, doesn't irritate my skin or acne, doesn't make my skin dry, washes away all my makeup (and eye makeup!) & is not harsh. AND it's oil free!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 5:35:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

This cleanser is by far and wide, the best one I've ever used. Having skin that suffers from both acne and dry patches it has been nearly impossible to find a cleanser that deals with both and this one does. I started off using regular gel and foaming cleansers which helped mildly with the acne but ruined my dry skin, and then used cream cleansers which helped with the dryness but worsened the acne. I never thought that going back to a foam cleanser would be the solution but this is something totally different. The cleanser is scented but very gentle on my quite sensitive skin. The foaming properties make it so that all traces of makeup, oil, and any other buildup are removed which keeps my acne in check but it also seems to be gentle enough for the dry patches as they have been getting progressively better. I use this cleanser once a day in the evening and squirt one pump of it on my Clarisonic head and it is more than enough for my whole face. If you have skin that is hard to please, I suggest checking this out cause it seems to be able to deal with a little bit of everything!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 4:11:00 PM More reviews by AviiR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Usuually I use makeup wipes or wash my face with a regular cleanser and soap but notice there is still lots of make up on my face. I try to stay away from all types of products, having used Aveeno Products before which did not agree with my skin I was skeptical to use this. BUT I am glad I gave it a chance, it takes of all the make-up and leaves my skin smooth and radiant looking, never dry.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2014 12:09:00 AM More reviews by ryapapaya

This cleanser is gentle and effective. It does help remove make up but it has a hard time with liquid eyeliner...
It smells really fresh and comes in a handy pump bottle. When I first used this I did notice a slight drying effect on my skin but after a couple of weeks my skin is behaving and has not reacted to this new product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 4:06:00 AM More reviews by jtguppy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for quite a few years and I am quite loyal to it. I do take my mascara off with a Nivea eye makeup remover product but I use this Aveeno product to actually wash my face. I use Rimmel longlasting foundation though I wouldn't say I use a lot of makeup. But Aveeno cleans my face without stripping it. I've never had a problem with it stinging my eyes or causing a rash. It doesn't have a strong scent which is also key for me - both because scents give me headaches and they can contribute to my face breaking out (even at my grand old age).

Really recommend this to women who want a gentle but effective, normal everyday cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by Ettioop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I could have given this a negative triple lippie I would have. NOT the cleanser for me. I used it for 2 days, cleansing in the morning and the evening, I am left with a chapped face, puffy red eyes under and on lid, my face feels like sandpaper, and it's incredibly itchy. I returned it to Walmart, and will never purchase another product from Aveeno for the face. Obvi this had something in it that I reacted to, but when will I get back to normal. Going back to my Cover FX foaming cleanser, yes expensive, but beats a sandpaper face!

Felt the fragrance was a little too strong as well. Wrote the company telling them my experience.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by jaunemoutarde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for a few years now and when it ran out I tried another cleanser and I immediately had to go back to using this. I used to have really bad acne (had to take Accutane) and I find that this cleanser really does remove all of my make up and is gentle on my sensitive skin. It lathers up really nicely, has a pleasant smell and doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Disintigratedwoman

This is my favourite cleanser! It has a beautiful, soft fragrance and foams up delightfully in the palm of my hand. I use it on my face at night to remove my foundation, powder, blush and all the grit accumulated from my day outside. Although I always moisturize afterwards, this cleanser does not leave my skin feeling tight and dry - it feels moisturized and clean. I have sensitive skin and this is the best cleansing product I have used to date. It's also not all that expensive! Will keep buying for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by andreaboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is great! I love how it foams out and you don't have to use a wash cloth to wash your face. It removes every bit of my makeup including my mascara and waterproof eyeliner. I have dry/sensitive skin and it doesn't seem to bother me at all. It's quite inexpensive and an amazing drug store cleanser.

However, I am not so keen on the Methylisothiazolinone listed in the ingredients. It's basically a cousin to the Paraben but it's not as bad if it's used in a product that gets washed off after use... Or so I've heard.

I will definitely continue to use this cleanser until I find one similar without that one toxic nuisance.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 6:20:00 PM More reviews by caitlinhendrick

I've been using this product for about two weeks. It's easy to find and inexpensive. It removes my make up completely including mascara and eyeliner. What I like about this the most is it does not hurt my eyes. I do always cleanse again with another facial wash after this product for my own piece of mind. I haven't had any breakouts or dryness. So I will be repurchasing in the future.