August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Mascara - Almay - Intense i-color w/ Light Interplay Technology

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by natakor3456

I hate it because it makes my lashes stick together and i can'a open my eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Sunny1212

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this mascara because it separates and adds volume to lashes, without clumping or smudging.
It doesn't create flakes or dark under-eye circles either.
I think it looks best over another mascara, though. I apply it after a Gosh one.

I have the one for blue eyes, and personally I don't reeeaaaallly see how it brings out my eye color, but that's okay because otherwise it is a good pick! In a way though, it does make them POP more that my Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion, which was much more dull.

Overall, I wouldn't buy this again, though.
I like to try different mascaras, and it just didn't go the extra mile for me. Also, Almay tests on animals! BOOOO! :S

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:42:00 AM More reviews by alexnicole425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

Samsaymeow, same here!! :( Loved the old one (llight interplay) in emerald SO much! Went through 4 of them. Could only find the new Volumizing one the other day- so I got it, but its definitely not as good as the older one! Should've stocked up :/

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:51:00 PM More reviews by samsaysmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm seriously so upset they discontinued and replaced this mascara. This is literally the only mascara that would not smear all the way down my face throughout the day, and I didn't even buy waterproof. As someone who goes to school all day then goes to work at night, this stayed on through it all, didn't clump, and looked natural and pretty on my otherwise short lashes. I wore this in Emerald Green.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

This is it! I've found my HG mascara**! A few years ago I thought I was done with mascara for good because I couldn't find one that wouldn't irritate my eyes. I had just come off a bad experience with L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, which I had thought was fantastic until, just a week prior to my wedding, I thought I was coming down with Pinkeye due to persistent redness/itching (the product was only about three weeks old when serious eye irritations set in)! After a visit to an eye doctor, I stopped using the L'Oreal mascara. Still, I needed something else because my wedding was just around the corner. I had long ago given up on Physicians Formula Organic Wear mascara due to excessive smudging/transfer (loved the look of the tube, though!) and I had also outgrown Maybelline's Great Lash due to excessive flaking of the waterproof formula. With L'Oreal mascaras now out of the question, it seemed as if I might never find a product gentle enough for my dry, sensitive eyes again! Thankfully, I turned to Almay. I remembered a product I had used years before that didn't seem to plump up my lashes all that much but stayed put and wasn't irritating. Based on that history, I bought Almay Intense iColor with Light Interplay for Brown Eyes. In particular, I love the applicator brush. My lashes are long and this one doesn't turn them into spider lashes, the way so many mascara brushes do. Better yet, transfer, flaking and smudging are minimal too. I hope Almay never discontinues this product because I'm sticking with what works!

** Edit/FYI: This review pertains to the black tube with the silver cap and the silver type on the sides, the same as currently pictured. There is another Almay product featuring an all-black or charcoal color tube with the same name, but a smaller/thinner brush. The ingredients are different, too, although the name is the same. I suspect the original version of Almay Intense iColor with Light Interplay is discontinued, with this confusingly named product its replacement. Just when I find my HG mascara. Go figure...

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2013 1:19:00 AM More reviews by gguzman5185

I thought I'd love this mascara but I didn't like it. At first it was working fine but then it was getting too dry, clumpy, and flaky. The brush was too big & hard to work with. I am not buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The brush is too large. Not what I was expecting. I won't buy this again. It's not the worst. Not the best. I think it thickens decently. I just can't stand how large the brush is.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 4:18:00 PM More reviews by KarlieSA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used up all of this Mascara, I liked it. It has a nice wand that seperates all my lashes and gives them some volume. I got the color Black and found that it wasn't a very black black. A great summer mascara because it isn't heavy. Great lasting power I could wear it all day without touch ups.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by acutina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this mascara. I used to be a diehard Maybelline user. Almay was on super sale one day and I decided I had nothing to lose by trying it. I haven't looked back once! It made my lashes really thick and long. I originally purchased the Emerald Black but didn't like the color especially in the sun. When it was time to replace it, I got Black Flash and love it. It takes two coats to really get the result I want, but I rarely get unwanted clumps.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by Ania_Wang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this mascara from a friend. At first I thoght that the brush is too big and it wont do a good job on my lashes. But I was pleasantly surprised that it actually made my lashes long, full and neat. Even my bf commented that I did a good job on my lashes when I first used it.
The only thing I don't like about it is that it becomes dry too fast so one tube doesnt last for too long.