September 17, 2014 | 1737 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Aromadisiac For Her Eau de Toilette Spray

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Aromadisiac gives me a delightful wallop of honeyed vanilla amber for hours that doesn't give up. I had stopped by an Avon vendor at a local flea market to chat about fragrances. I was commenting on the older and vintage Avons and my love of them when she suddenly pulled this burgundy purplish bottle out called Aromadisiac. She told me it was unlike her regular Avon perfumes and her last bottle. She said after listening to my preferences and love of perfume, she knew the newer frags really weren't my style, but she had a feeling this one just might hit the spot. How right she was!
Delicious animalic amber warms the spices of vanilla, ginger, tonka bean and pink pepper while a hint of creamy sandalwood softens the fragrance. All of this adds together to make this EdT a musky Oriental that is soft, inviting, cuddly and fireplace toasty. It absolutely reminds me of Elizabeth Ardens NYC, but with better longevity. Eight hours after spritzing, I still detected the warmth of the amber on my skin. Wonderful cool weather scent to wear.
Nice minimalistic bottle, easy to manuever, good price point. Unfortunately, discontinued but some vendors may have it available yet.
Top Notes: Tangerine, Pink Pepper, Ginger.
Middle Notes: Orange Blossom, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Almond, Vanilla.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Musk, Amber, Tonka Bean.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by beboc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Got this on sale for $9.99. Creamy, smoky, very prominent licorice tone (that is a good thing for me, btw) This one really surprised me. It is a very warm fall/winter scent to me. Odd, but I really like it, I just wish it lasted longer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2012 3:04:00 AM More reviews by jamie_amber

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this scent! For the price, I bought 3 AND the "for him" version for my BF.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 12:49:00 PM More reviews by BigEars

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is going to be a love/hate scent which I suppose makes it difficult to write a balanced and fair review. I am not that fond of gourmandes in general so this one does not ring my bell. That said it is nicely put together and reminds me of Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille. It has that real coffee shop smell mixed with danish pastry and liquorice/anise syrup. I would not repurchase for myself but would recommend it to anyone who likes this foody/anise/vanilla vibe. Unusual so well done Avon.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by sauce62

I really like this perfume. It is peppery for sure, but also warm and creamy smelling. It has a round smell, if that makes sense; not sharp. Very unusual!! I won't repurchase, since the bottle is plenty big and I have a zillion other perfumes. I would really recommend you try this one, it is intoxicating!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just love this scent! It is hard to describe but I have to agree with others about a warm black licorice scent, kind of a mysterious seductive scent. I found the scent lasted pretty good too. I will buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by BloodHound

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is very different and I quite like it. It's very strong at first to me and I was happy, then it just went away! I sprayed it several times under my shirt and when I took my shirt off, it barely smelled. Nothing seems to hold the scent. Some Avon scents last forever and some, like this one just do not last for me. It was on sale for a good price so I'll keep it and enjoy it around the house on a weekend and just spray every so often. It does have that "black jellybean" smell to it but it's not offensive to me because it's just different and sweet at the same time. Too bad it just doesn't last...for me anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by missjess85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a very strange scent. If you like interesting perfumes that are out of the ordinary you may like this. It has a strange, sickly marzipan-like scent at first, then later it smells like warm licorice. I didn't like this so I gave it to my mother, who gave it to my sister, who gave it to her friend. It's probably still being passed around - no one likes it! Like most Avon perfumes, it doesn't last at all.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 11:12:00 AM More reviews by violette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I completely agree with reviewer shereenmohsen below. This is, hands down, one of the MOST HORRIBLE perfumes I've ever had the displeasure of smelling. It is absolutely stomach-churning & gave me the WORST headache (in fact, my head's STILL throbbing as I write this review & this is HOURS after I washed it off with soap & water... TWICE!). The only other perfume I can think of that has ever had the same effect on me is Dior's Poison. I think Avon was going for their own version of Calvin Klein's Euphoria with this one, but failed BIG TIME. I tested Aromadisiac on my left wrist & Euphoria on the other, & I swear, they smell nearly IDENTICAL, except Aromadisiac has that gag & migraine-inducing note (what the heck IS that? wintergreen? pine? whatever it is, it smells even worse than roach spray! ugh!) which in NO WAY complements the fruity/sweet notes, while Euphoria smells pleasant enough from first spritz (well, as 'pleasant' as the typical, run-of-the-mill, generic department store perfume can be these days). The name is also a BIG JOKE. Supposedly, it's a combination of Aroma + Aphrodisiac (*rolls eyes*)... YEAH, RIGHT... like any sane, hot-blooded male would actually get turned on by a woman reeking of this wretched stink! If anything, they would be running in the opposite direction, or would really be struggling to keep their food down should they be unfortunate enough to get stuck in an elevator with a woman wearing this. Now, I'm no perfume snob as I DO like/love several of this company's releases, but Avon totally missed the mark with this one. What on EARTH were they thinking?!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by lazypile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not sure about this one. It's a warm, super sweet kind of black licorice scent. I like it better a few minutes after application; it's not so strong then.

I'll use the bottle up (good winter scent), though I'm not sure if I'd restock.