October 25, 2014 | 1742 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pop Beauty - Face Magnet Primer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 10:47:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

I GOT THIS AS A SAMPLE.
I got this free with an Ulta order, didn't think much of it and tossed it in a drawer. Dug it out the other day when I ran out of my regular primer. Wow. This is a thicker white lotion that dries to an invisible finish. Doesn't have that heavy silicone feel on the skin. There's a slight pleasant perfume-y scent that fades quickly. This did a good job of making my makeup last and controlling shine. The sample was big enough for 2 days worth, and it didn't cause any breakout or irritation. The big reason I really liked it was because after applying it to clean, dry skin, my face looked GOOD. Good enough to run errands or take my son to the park, though maybe not enough for work or going out at night. Pores were blurred, skin texture looked smooth - it was like photoshop for real life!
I've added this to my list of must buys. Would love to have a way to look more polished without having to do full-face makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Juzzyjellybean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been looking for the perfect primer for so long and after trying Maybelline baby skin which did nothing for my oily skin I came across POP. This is the best primer I have ever used!! I purchased it along with the POP BB cream which is also fantastic. Usually I find that my makeup slides off during the day and I am left with patches of foundation on my face. Not any more! This literally kept my makeup in place all day even without the use of powder. This will def be one of my regular purchases!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a "maybe: on the repurchase of this, Very, very nice packaging with a pump dispenser that I like. Goes in smooth...but it cakes up after a while. it could be my application. I really should give it more time before I review, since I don't wear makeup daily, and it's only been a month. So..i will come back and edit this.For now...It's a pricey purchase...ans the Monistat chaffing cream.gel is the BEST I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I've been on accutane, my skin has transitioned from very oily, to combination, to normal, to dry. This primer has worked well in every stage. It's heavier than the water-based oil-free primers I've used before - I would go so far as to call it a lotion primer, because I feel like it hydrates somewhat. It does help control oil and mattify without drying me out, hence why I am still able to use it even while my skin is on the dryer end of the spectrum. It does help minimize pores and has sun protectant though I'm not sure to what extent because there's no SPF listed on the box. It also didn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, which is nice. I'm not sure if it delivers as far as the de-puffing and brightening claim (the product contains caffiene), but I like it enough to keep using it anyway so whatever. It does well under just about every makeup I've tried it with, liquid or powder so I'll likely continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by globug45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the same time I purchased the foundation and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised and amazed by the results I received. I have used primers before and I always had breakouts. I did not get any breakouts and loved the way it made the rest of my makeup go on. You have to wait a couple minutes to make sure it is set then you are good to go. I will definitely buy this again. It does last a long time as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by petiterugger

Although this primer is a little bit expensive, it has been my first facial primer I have ever tried (thanks to you at MUA with reviews!) I have fallen in love with this primer. I use it before I apply foundation and generally give it a few minutes to sink into my skin. It's chalk white but does not show up on your skin at all. It really shrinks pores and reduces redness in breakouts. You can wear it by itself and no one will be able to tell.The only major con/complaint I have is that the bottle is not see through. I REALLY wish there was a clear strip on the side so you could see in the bottle and see how much product you have left. The bottle is a little hard to squeeze.Only use a little because it goes a long way! This has extended the life of my foundation SIGNIFICANTLY. I love how soothing it feels after I apply it. The caffeine is noticeable and feels incredibly refreshing. This primer has not dried me out, broke me out, or made my face oily. It's definitely become my HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite primers I've tried to date. It reminds me a lot of the old formula of Mac Prep+Prime SPF 50 but a bit more moisturizing. It gets rid of any dryness & evens out the texture so foundation applies very smoothly.One of the things I love most about it is how healthy & almost plumped it makes my skin look a minute after applying, it's awesome! This has a good amount of great ingredients for your skin (caffiene, licorice root extract, sucrose, vitamin E). Another thing I love is the scent, it's very light & subtle not overpowering. I'd best describe the scent as matcha green tea & clean baby diapers? Lol yes tea & Pampers. But the scent doesn't linger or irritate my senstive skin. This reminds me a bit of Asian makeup from the packaging, to the scent to the type of product itself, it is made in Korea (though this is a UK brand) so that might explain why.
SKIN TYPES THIS WOULD WORK FOR:
I believe any skin type could use this, from very dry to oily. But depending on your skin type, you need to use it a little differently. I used to have extremely oily skin & I tried this primer in the past & I didn't like it. Now that I think about it, I was using it wrong. If you have oily skin, I'd advise you use this as both your moisturizer & your primer because it provides pretty sufficent moisture already, you also need to really let it set for about 10 minutes before putting on makeup. This primer does take a bit of time to dry so you must be patient. It feels a bit tacky at first but it becomes smooth after a couple of minutes. If you have more dry skin, apply this directly after your moisturizer & let it sink in for about 6-8 minutes. BTW you only need about a penny to a nickel sized amount, the directions on the box are accurate so you should follow them.
TEXTURE:
It's not overly thick but it's definitely not thin in texture either. It kind of reminds me of sunscreen but not as greasy. When you first apply it you can kind of feel it on your skin but it almost becomes more lightweight as you give it more time to sink in. It makes my skin feel & look so smooth & lush, it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I'm not, I always feel confident about my skin after it's had time to set. Sometimes I think to myself "I could walk out of the house right now & be fine with it, my skin looks pretty darn good!". My skin which usually is a bit dull, has this healthy "glow" & brightness to it. Any redness I have calms down greatly & my pores, expression line, & my scars look softened. It's not a pore-filling primer by any means, it just refines the look of imperfections in my opinion. It's so weird how all this can be done from one product but it does it somehow.
HOW MAKEUP LOOKS/WEARS:
This does make my foundation look more "skin like" then most silicone primers, it seems to make my foundation meld in better with my skin. Makeup also really sticks to this but I believe it works better in conjunction with water-based foundations as opposed to silicone-based foundations as it is a water-based primer so keep that in mind. My nose it usually very oily & this seems to do a good job at controlling that without drying out my skin. Everything still looks nice & polished throughout the day, this is defintely one of the best primers I've used in terms of longevity.
OVERALL:
I love this so much, it's up there with my other favorite, Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer. Again, this reminds me a lot of the old Mac Prep+Prime SPF 50 but I like this better. The Mac was a bit better with oil-control but my makeup lasts the same. I also think this makes my foundation & skin look better then it did with the Mac. You can find this at Ulta for $26. More people need to talk about this because it's honestly an amazing primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by megan1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this primer, performs well in covering open pores and redness. I only apply it to problem areas around the t-zone. Wait a few moments for it to sink in before applying foundation. This is a white creamy primer, but does not leave a white cast on the skin. Nice packaging, no wastage whatsoever and easy to get last bit out. I find it quite difficult to source in the uk, the only place that seems to sell it is ASOS so I dread the day they run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by marisduhh

Omg I was in search for the perfect primer and I went to Ulta this lady that worked there told me it was so good for oily acne prone skin and omg... I fell in love with it... my make up stays on all day and my face doesn't look greasy and all I use is tarte foundation this primer and blotting powder so this helps to keep it on so I don't have to wear so much make up. try this if you're looking for the perfect primer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Wifey1012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRIMER! Gives u a fresh , flawless look, I don't like other primers that make your skin "too smooth" that I feel like makes my make up come off easy... This primer is like a moisturizer also! Love it..