July 28, 2014 | 2074 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Pop Beauty - Face Magnet Primer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by TracyNevins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I wish there was a "maybe: on the repurchase of this, Very, very nice packaging with a pump dispenser that I like. Goes in smooth...but it cakes up after a while. it could be my application. I really should give it more time before I review, since I don't wear makeup daily, and it's only been a month. So..i will come back and edit this.For now...It's a pricey purchase...ans the Monistat chaffing cream.gel is the BEST I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by cashmerecatt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since I've been on accutane, my skin has transitioned from very oily, to combination, to normal, to dry. This primer has worked well in every stage. It's heavier than the water-based oil-free primers I've used before - I would go so far as to call it a lotion primer, because I feel like it hydrates somewhat. It does help control oil and mattify without drying me out, hence why I am still able to use it even while my skin is on the dryer end of the spectrum. It does help minimize pores and has sun protectant though I'm not sure to what extent because there's no SPF listed on the box. It also didn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, which is nice. I'm not sure if it delivers as far as the de-puffing and brightening claim (the product contains caffiene), but I like it enough to keep using it anyway so whatever. It does well under just about every makeup I've tried it with, liquid or powder so I'll likely continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by globug45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I purchased this the same time I purchased the foundation and I must admit I was pleasantly surprised and amazed by the results I received. I have used primers before and I always had breakouts. I did not get any breakouts and loved the way it made the rest of my makeup go on. You have to wait a couple minutes to make sure it is set then you are good to go. I will definitely buy this again. It does last a long time as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:41:00 AM More reviews by petiterugger

Although this primer is a little bit expensive, it has been my first facial primer I have ever tried (thanks to you at MUA with reviews!) I have fallen in love with this primer. I use it before I apply foundation and generally give it a few minutes to sink into my skin. It's chalk white but does not show up on your skin at all. It really shrinks pores and reduces redness in breakouts. You can wear it by itself and no one will be able to tell.The only major con/complaint I have is that the bottle is not see through. I REALLY wish there was a clear strip on the side so you could see in the bottle and see how much product you have left. The bottle is a little hard to squeeze.Only use a little because it goes a long way! This has extended the life of my foundation SIGNIFICANTLY. I love how soothing it feels after I apply it. The caffeine is noticeable and feels incredibly refreshing. This primer has not dried me out, broke me out, or made my face oily. It's definitely become my HG product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2014 9:44:00 PM More reviews by BassKitten808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite primers I've tried to date. It reminds me a lot of the old formula of Mac Prep+Prime SPF 50 but a bit more moisturizing. It gets rid of any dryness & evens out the texture so foundation applies very smoothly.One of the things I love most about it is how healthy & almost plumped it makes my skin look a minute after applying, it's awesome! This has a good amount of great ingredients for your skin (caffiene, licorice root extract, sucrose, vitamin E). Another thing I love is the scent, it's very light & subtle not overpowering. I'd best describe the scent as matcha green tea & clean baby diapers? Lol yes tea & Pampers. But the scent doesn't linger or irritate my senstive skin. This reminds me a bit of Asian makeup from the packaging, to the scent to the type of product itself, it is made in Korea (though this is a UK brand) so that might explain why.
SKIN TYPES THIS WOULD WORK FOR:
I believe any skin type could use this, from very dry to oily. But depending on your skin type, you need to use it a little differently. I used to have extremely oily skin & I tried this primer in the past & I didn't like it. Now that I think about it, I was using it wrong. If you have oily skin, I'd advise you use this as both your moisturizer & your primer because it provides pretty sufficent moisture already, you also need to really let it set for about 10 minutes before putting on makeup. This primer does take a bit of time to dry so you must be patient. It feels a bit tacky at first but it becomes smooth after a couple of minutes. If you have more dry skin, apply this directly after your moisturizer & let it sink in for about 6-8 minutes. BTW you only need about a penny to a nickel sized amount, the directions on the box are accurate so you should follow them.
TEXTURE:
It's not overly thick but it's definitely not thin in texture either. It kind of reminds me of sunscreen but not as greasy. When you first apply it you can kind of feel it on your skin but it almost becomes more lightweight as you give it more time to sink in. It makes my skin feel & look so smooth & lush, it sounds like I'm exaggerating but I'm not, I always feel confident about my skin after it's had time to set. Sometimes I think to myself "I could walk out of the house right now & be fine with it, my skin looks pretty darn good!". My skin which usually is a bit dull, has this healthy "glow" & brightness to it. Any redness I have calms down greatly & my pores, expression line, & my scars look softened. It's not a pore-filling primer by any means, it just refines the look of imperfections in my opinion. It's so weird how all this can be done from one product but it does it somehow.
HOW MAKEUP LOOKS/WEARS:
This does make my foundation look more "skin like" then most silicone primers, it seems to make my foundation meld in better with my skin. Makeup also really sticks to this but I believe it works better in conjunction with water-based foundations as opposed to silicone-based foundations as it is a water-based primer so keep that in mind. My nose it usually very oily & this seems to do a good job at controlling that without drying out my skin. Everything still looks nice & polished throughout the day, this is defintely one of the best primers I've used in terms of longevity.
OVERALL:
I love this so much, it's up there with my other favorite, Cover FX Anti-Aging Primer. Again, this reminds me a lot of the old Mac Prep+Prime SPF 50 but I like this better. The Mac was a bit better with oil-control but my makeup lasts the same. I also think this makes my foundation & skin look better then it did with the Mac. You can find this at Ulta for $26. More people need to talk about this because it's honestly an amazing primer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by megan1979

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this primer, performs well in covering open pores and redness. I only apply it to problem areas around the t-zone. Wait a few moments for it to sink in before applying foundation. This is a white creamy primer, but does not leave a white cast on the skin. Nice packaging, no wastage whatsoever and easy to get last bit out. I find it quite difficult to source in the uk, the only place that seems to sell it is ASOS so I dread the day they run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 2:43:00 PM More reviews by marisduhh

Omg I was in search for the perfect primer and I went to Ulta this lady that worked there told me it was so good for oily acne prone skin and omg... I fell in love with it... my make up stays on all day and my face doesn't look greasy and all I use is tarte foundation this primer and blotting powder so this helps to keep it on so I don't have to wear so much make up. try this if you're looking for the perfect primer!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by Wifey1012

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRIMER! Gives u a fresh , flawless look, I don't like other primers that make your skin "too smooth" that I feel like makes my make up come off easy... This primer is like a moisturizer also! Love it..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

For the last few months, I've been on the lookout for a good primer that will work on my very oily skin and help my makeup stay on more than 4-5 hours. I tried several (Rimmel Fix and Perfect, Boots Shine Free Makeup Base, MOM, Monistat Anti-Chaffing Gel) and couldn't find one that worked for me. The MOM worked the best (but oddly only with my MAC Matchmaster foundation. I tried it with Revlon Nearly Naked, Boots No 7 Beautifully Matte, and Femme Couture Get Flawless 8 in 1 foundation and it didn't do anything)

After reading a lot of good reviews about this primer on the Ulta website, I decided to give it a try. At first, I was a little hesitant. The MAC Matchmaster foundation is definitely a splurge for me, and so I wasn't crazy about the idea of paying $26 dollars for a primer as well. But you get a good sized amount for the price. 1.7 oz. Most of the negative reviews I found about this product had to do with the packaging. People were saying that the silver flaked off the cover and got all over your hands. Apparently, the company has fixed this. The bottle I purchased a few days ago has a silver, plastic cap. I really like the packaging of this product. It's nothing fancy, but it works. It's a simple squeeze bottle. The only minor complaint I have is that I wish the bottle was see through so you could see how much product is left inside. But it far from being a deal breaker. I was attracted to this primer because many people said it is great for oily skin.

Some reviewers have also mentioned that this primer has a funky smell. But I personally like the smell. I didn't find it off putting in the slightest. This primer is somewhat thick, but it is very creamy. It is similiar in texture to Elmer's Glue. It sounds weird, but it's not sticky or heavy at all. It blends really easy. It makes your makes your skin feel silky smooth. It provides a great base for the rest of my makeup. My skin is also very allergy prone, and this primer doesn't irritate it at all. You only need about a dime-sized amount for the entire face. The first time I used this primer, I didn't think it was going to work for me. My makeup still faded away after about 4 hours.

But I wanted to give a second chance. Here is the makeup routine I used this morning. First, I used my Clean and Clear Oil Control Facial Cleanser in the shower. After that, I applied the companion Oil Control Lotion. Then I applied the primer. I realized that I needed to let this primer absorb for a couple of minutes before applying the rest of my makeup. Since I haven't had much luck with any of the other primers I've tried, I really didn't expect this to work. But it did. It worked great. I applied my makeup about 8:45 a.m. this morning. This primer kept my makeup looking great for a good 10 hours. That is the longest my makeup has ever stayed on. The only other primer that equals the results of this one is the MOM. Even though it worked, I was a little hesitant about using it on a long-term basis. This primer is AMAZING on very oily skin.

I think this has potential to be a HG primer for me. It works great and is well worht the money. I would repurchase this primer in a heartbeat. But since you only need a very small amount, this bottle will last quite a while. I will update if anything changes, but so far, I am very pleased with this primer.

EDIT: I woudln't say this is my HG primer, but it's a decent primer. I thought I might be allergic to it, but it was actually something else. I've used this for a long time with no problem.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by dvdsky81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a little concerned as I got this sample from Ulta as I've been on the Lookout for a primer that works and doesn't break me out, which has proven to be unsuccessful btw. If it doesn't break me out, it doesn't work at all. Anyway, of course I got a ravaging breakout from it which may or may not be the product but my faces blind hatred of primers. My big concern was/is when I got the sample (along with 3 others) they put them in these little plastic solo cup type containers. I only used this particular one twice and break out was bad so it's been sitting in my cupboard with the rest for about a month or so. I was just cleaning some clutter and found these samples. This primer ate the bottom of the container . It looks like someone took a lighter or high heat source to it. It looks melted. What the hell is it doing to your skin?!?! The other samples are just fine aside from being on dry, clumpy side. Kinda terrified of it now, actually.