Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser

3.0

Water Purified, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium C12-15 Pareth-15 Sulfonate, Salicylic Acid, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 5, FD&C Red 40, Fragrance 5/29/09

After three times of washing my face with this product, it made my skin dry, flaky, and rough. I have had a similar reaction to the Neutrogena Grapefruit Facial Wash previously but wanted to believe in this product (also it says it is hypoallergenic and dermatologically tested) however there might be a common ingredient in these two facial wash that is just too harsh. My skin is not sensitive nor did I used excessive amounts.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is almost identical to their oil free acne cleanser. It even smells the same. It dried out my face super bad. I haven't used it for a week and my cheeks are still flaky and peeling from it. It also irritated my chin and caused a brake out. If you are looking for something to deep clean makeup off, check out Clean & Clear Makeup Dissolving Foaming Cleanser. I just started using that instead and it's way better and less harsh.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I just switched from Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser to this just 2 days ago when my Cetaphil sort of did nothing in improving my damaged, acne prone skin that just wouldn't heal.

My new skin care routine just of 2 days ago: this cleanser with Fruit of the Earth Aloe Vera Gel. After cleansing, I gentle pat my wet face until it is slightly dry. Then I apply the Aloe Vera gel all over my face (avoiding the eyes it really stings!) and just let it dry. And off to bed. This cleanser did not dried out my skin, no trace of tightness and smells sooo nice! Face feels very refreshed after cleansing. The next day I woke up, ALL of my spots are dried out! Never been so happy to see the improvement in just one night! I will stick to this routine and give updates. The only con of this cleanser is that is not travel friendly as it comes in a pump bottle with no lock or something. Oh and I've read a lot of reviews about this cleanser causing very bad reactions but nothing happened to me at all but still do a patch test on your neck somewhere below your jaw just to be sure.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

What a disappointment. I wanted to love this, I bought it because iheartmakeup92 on YouTube highly recommended it. At first it was nice on my sensitive, combination acne prone skin but the more I used it, it irritated my skin really badly by my nose and upper lip. I noticed it was drying me out more too over time. Sigh. It's a shame because I loved the smell and texture but I guess I need to stick to fragrance free products from now on. I will be using if to clean my makeup brushes.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved this cleanser for its drug store pricing, comes with a pump. so its more hygienic.

Most importantly it does not leave me a dry feeling like most cleanser does. I do have oily skin.

Definitely worth a repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this product for over a year. I will first give my pros and cons, then follow up with my overall review.

Pros: Great price for amount of product in bottle. The bottle is clear, so you can monitor the usage. Pump locks. Deep cleans your skin well (almost too well).

Cons: The smell is kind of chemical/astringent. Experience excessive dryness every time I use the product. Has a slight tingling/burning when using with a cloth/cleansing brush/exfoliator. Have to be light-handed when rubbing against the face. Will sting your eyes terribly.

Overall: As you can see, there are more cons than pros. This is a strong cleanser that I would not recommend to those with sensitive skin, or acne-prone skin. All I will say is to be careful when using it. It does deep clean your face, and it does wash your makeup off thoroughly.

Would I repurchase? No.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i usethis in the days where i feel extra oily and would like to get rid of that, i like this cleanser because it doesn't leave my skin completely stripped of oils and left dry. it makes my skin super super soft. and now my whole family uses it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A good cleanser for oily skin. It made my skin extremely dry in first week of using it but then everything went back to normal i have been using it for months its my second bottle.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Its really good for its price! v suitable for oily skin, clears up my acne and isnt too drying! I was using avene gel soapless cleanser but i found it to be too drying compared to this.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had the pleasure of trying this product...well by default really due to the fact that it was the only available cleanser at that point in time and my face was really icky. So after trying this product for the very first time i must say i'm terribly disappointed due to the fact that it damaged my skin after the very first use ( it dried my skin out terribly and peeled it). No i will not be using it again nor will i purchase it again.