September 3, 2014 | 1294 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Rouge Coco in Ruban Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by akhala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The best daytime neutral lipstick that I have found so far. It suits me extremely well and it can be worn with practically everything. On me it is like my lipcolor (rosy-peachy), but shinier and puts a subtle accent. Just perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by diamond479

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My first Chanel lipstick. This colour is the same as my natural lips, but brighter. I love its modesty; the majority of my lipsticks are pinks/nudes as I like keeping the lips a natural colour. I have found that this lipstick is hydrating and stays put for hours; even after eating and drinking! It has a pleasant rose scent to it. I will repurchase in other colours in the future, despite the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by lovefee

I love this lipstick. I was skeptical at first because it was so pricey and i had never tried a Chanel product before. It goes on smoothly, hydrates, and lasts for a long time. The colour looks more like a coral-ly pink on my mouth, which typically wouldn't suit my skin; but it surprisingly looks amazing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I'm not going to even try to figure out what color this lipstick is actually supposed to be - to me, it looks a lot like a shimmery version of Mademoiselle minus the brown: a little bit peachy, a little bit pinky, but mostly just nude toned. At first glance I thought this would be way too warm for my cool skin, but to my happy surprise it looks great and goes with everything! Ruban Rose doesn't make much of a statement on it's own, but definitely gives a subtle je ne sais pas to my daytime looks. This has easily become a favorite of mine, and I think I may like it more than Mademoiselle.

The shimmer is visible in the tube but very refined on the lips. When I don't want to look like I am wearing lipstick, I choose this shade.

Bottom line:
Though the color is complicated, the effect is quite simple: it's just flattering and pretty. It's great shade for those new to lipstick or to have as a daytime staple. Love it layered with Mica Glossimer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by aqua76239

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sign. I know I am not blind-this color is not peachy, not nude, and not light pink. Let me give you a comparison-light pink to me is something along the lines of MAC Angel. This is NOT it-its a rose pink color with subtle shimmer. It really bears no resemblence to MAC's Myth(as previous reviwer claims). Its a muted shade and looks very natural but gives your lips just enough color. I absolutely LOVE the Rouge Coco-its fairly creamy but has great lasting power. At $30 this is not cheap lipstick but i think its worth it. On me it lasts for at least 3 hours which is no small feat. Not sure if I would repurchase only because i have so many lippies already but its a great color appropriate for all situations and formula is one of the best i tried.
UPDATE: I wore this today by itself with no lip liner, and no much other makeup(light dusting of BE). This lippie lasted and color didn't run unlike some of the other brands which i can't wear without liner. Its a totally MLBB color on me, as a matter of fact its almost the color of my lips but its just enhances it and makes me more polished. I can't imagine who this wouldn't look flattering on(unless you are very dark skinned). For reference, I'm NC25, dark hair, blue eyes

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by rosie06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Chanel's new Rouge Cocos are amazing! I have three of them already, with Ruban Rose being my favorite. I love the Ruban Rose because it is like a chameleon, changing colors depending on my blush, my clothing, and it even looks different on my daughter than on me. I see this being a staple in my makeup wardrobe!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 2:22:00 AM More reviews by ilookflawless

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love the Rouge Cocos and they've changed my opinion on frosty and shimmer lipsticks. Ruban Rose has a definite shimmer running through it but it's really flattering and actually gives dimension to my lips, making this pale pinky/peachy/beigey shade a wearable nude. I'm an NC37, Korean asian skintone and have real trouble pulling off creamy nudes like MAC's Myth. I've avoided pale lip colours for years, pairing smokey eye looks with clear lip gloss.

I fell in love with the Rouge Coco range after initially purchasing Cambon and Venise. Enamoured, I continued exploring the line, buying extra shades every week until I had tested the entire range. In the process I discovered that the shimmer in the pale shades mean that the nude and pale shades in the range look lovely on medium skintones adding life instead of leaving me looking grey and corpse like. There's definitely a shimmer/frost running through Ruban Rose but it's a warm pale gold shimmer and it's very fine. In fabric terms it would be a satin ribbon rather than a spandex belt.

I now have 23 shades of Rouge Coco and consider myself an expert on the colour range! Ruban Rose is a definite must try for those looking for a pretty nude shade of lipstick which doesn't look like concealer on the lips.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2010 5:36:00 PM More reviews by island10flower

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ruban Rose is described as a peachy pink on the Chanel website. However it is more of a brownish pink. The color does not do a lot for my complexion, whcih is medium fair, with blonde hair and brown eyes.
It is quite sheer and mosturizing.The lasting power compared to what is advertised is poor.I have to add,though, that it does fade off evenly without any trace of dryness.
This shade might work best with a smokey or defined eye.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
pigmentation: 4
texture: 4
feeling: 5
colour-fast: 4
versatile?: 4
staying power: 3
TOTAL POINTS: 24 of 30 = good

I hardly use lipstick - but I love this one!
Ruban Rose is one of the pink shades. I would describe it as a mixture of a darker pink, with some warm red and brown undertones and a light golden shimmer. I'm very fair skinned and it adds just the right amount of colour to my lips without looking dramatic.

It does moisture very nicely and it's easy to apply - would even work without a mirror, if you're just looking for a natural look.
The lipstick itself looks sooo chic - Chanel has invested a lot of research into the product presentation! I read, that they even tested out the perfect "click" when you close the lipstick!!! Amazing...

This lipstick was invented for "the generation gloss" - to show them that a lipstick can be as easy and modern. Well done, Chanel! ;)