Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro - Lava Red

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 10/18/2012 11:33:00 AM

I am absolutely in love and obsessed with the new polishes Rimmel has brought out with their Lasting Finish Pro line (in the square bottle). Red Lava is another polish I've fallen in love with for the Fall season. It's a gorgeous vampy dark burgundy with fine bright red micro glitter. Formula is smooth, colour opaque, and longevity of wear is amazing. Amazing quality for a polish of $2.98!!

on 3/2/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

THE POLISH:
I do like this color. It's a black polish with red specks. It reminds me of OPI's Midnight in Moscow.
APPLICATION:
I use Seche Ridge Filling base coat and Seche Vite top coat. All together I would say it lasts me about a week before it begins to chip. I hate the brush, I wish the brush was the traditional flat brush like China Glaze or OPI's. I don't know if it's the bottle I got, but the brush seems uneven at the tip. When I apply it it doesn't fit around my cuticle area, nicely like most brushes. There are a few sparse bristles that are annoying so I need to clean around the cuticles.
THE FORMULA:
It is beginning to thicken in the bottle. So I added a polish thinner and it works like new again.
OVERALL:
Other than that, it's inexpensive for a beautiful color. Unfortunately, I removed a two lippies for the brush. Because of the brush, I will not be purchasing this product again.

on 10/30/2010 3:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is amazing! It's my go-to nail color for fall. It's a beautiful dark brownish black with little specks of evenly-distributed red glitter. It's dark without being overpowering on my extremely fair skin. The brush is the perfect size, and the round-ish tip is perfect for getting right next to the cuticle. The formula isn't too thick or too thin, and I get a perfect color in two coats. I love this, I'll definitely repurchase!

on 10/19/2010 9:09:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

HELLO LOVER! Black base with beautiful, tiny, red glitter? HELL YES!
I simply love these new Rimmel polishes. The formula, the brush, the staying power.
This one is one of my faves, as the previous reviewer stated, it is dark, vampy and sexy without looking black. You can actually see the red microglitter.
Especially nice for the fall with Halloween coming and all.

on 4/5/2010 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is SUCH a sexy color. It's a black base with a very prominent red shimmer. It sounds very simple, but what I love about it is, unlike other "vampy" colors, you can see the red shimmer even in dim light. It is simply gorgeous...I keep going back to the adjective "sexy," because it just is such a sultry color. I have yet to see a color like this out there. Other deep darks like this just look black unless it's seen in direct sunlight. The packaging for this is good...it's a sturdy, square glass bottle. The brush is wonderful for avoiding your cuticles, which, with a polish this dark is important. It's a very broad brush, so if you've got small nails this may bring you grief. I was able to, however, get a nice round shape at the base of my nail with minimal effort. The color lays down smoothly, and with two coats I got full opacity. The drying time isn't bad, and with a good base and top coat I get decent wear and shine. Rimmel frequently changes their products, but I have no complaints on this one.