September 16, 2014 | 1811 users online

Moisturizers - Alba Botanica - RainForest LUSH Facial Cream

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Nadiax0x0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was on Clearance at Sprouts for $4.97. I think the fragrance oils turned because it smells awful, very plastic-y. It moisturizes nicely though; I only use it in dry areas and it does that job, tho I don't use it consistently nor as my all-over moisturizer. I believe it may have been discontinued considering it was on clearance but I could be wrong...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by rimbun

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this for cheaper than retail on vitacost.com ($13 or so) so my price rating is based on that. I bought this because it is silicone free (and my skin doesn't like silicones).

This is a slightly thin white cream. The tube comes with a pump dispenser. I was really impressed with the packaging when I realized that with the pump dispenser + tube, no air was getting into the package as I used up the lotion - the tube simply flattened. Although this product does not contain antioxidants, I could see this being awesome packaging for products that do, and no doubt this helps keep the cream fresh and clean as well.

The lotion itself is moisturizing without being greasy. I use this over a facial oil so it does take some time to sink in (for me). I can see this sinking in pretty quickly if you use it on its own. This together with the facial oil has helped keep my skin moisturized even on the days when I use zinc oxide only sunscreens (which for me are very drying).

As far as I can tell this cream does not contain antioxidants, or SPF, or any active, so would probably need to be supplemented with something else if you do look for actives in your skincare. It is probably worth looking into if like me, you are looking for moisturization, your skin does not like silicones, and you use a separate sunscreen and/or serum (for the actives).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2011 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Denisefox

I love this cream. I recently used some products that completely dried out my skin and caused roughness and extreme sensitivity (my skin burned when I put almost anything on it). Of course, I freaked out and tried anything and everything that was moisturizing and didn't burn. I tested Lush in the store and it immediately smoothed my damaged areas. It didn't burn at all and smelled lovely. That night, my skin felt better. The next day my skin was rough again but seemed slightly improved. Though the condition passed, I was impressed with the line. I bought Lush and several other facial skincare items from the rainforest line. Lush is very moisturizing, not at all greasy and has no shiny finish. The only drawback for everyday is there is no SPF. It's a tad bit pricey for a drug-store line ($22) and the bottle is a little small considering the price. Other than that, I've set the Murad expensive moisturizers aside and am using Lush.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2010 4:37:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Don't let the "lush" title scare you. I definately think this is perfect for norm/dry skin. I was expecting it to be really heavy & thick and it's not. It's not shiny or greasy and actually looks a little matte after it's applied. Since it's not as heavy as a like in a night cream, I have been wearing it under make-up in daytime and it's been perfect. Just wish they would come out w/ an spf version. Otherwise, it's a no muss no fuss product and my skin looks great. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

The matching cleanser to this broke me out but i think the moisturizer wasn't as bad, but it did give me mila seeds around and on my eyelids so i couldn't put this around my eyes . But it did moisturizer really well w/out making my oily skin super oily and it smelled good too but it just wasn't for me. Too much oils in it for my skin. But i think this would work well for someone w/ mature dry skin.