August 20, 2014 | 1916 users online

Cleansers - Alba Botanica - RainForest Foaming Cream Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this for half off on clearance at Ulta. I'm glad I got it cheaper, 'cause I don't think it's worth the full price tag. I think the "cream" part of the name is misleading; it makes it seem like this cleanser is going to be moisturizing and gentle. It foams up a lot and cleanses to the point of being squeaky clean. I could only use this once daily, as this plus my Differin cream were too drying when used together. I didn't have any other issues with it, though. I wasn't bothered by the smell of it (I think it smells like tropical Fruit Loops or something) or any other skin issues. I probably wouldn't buy it again, unless I saw it for super cheap. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 1:02:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wonderful ingredients, but I didn't like this cleanser much because of the horrible smell -smells strongly of synthetic bananas. quite sickening in fact. It was also very foamy - I don't think "cream cleanser" describes it well at all - it is NOT a cream, it is a gel, that foams a lot, and can therefore be quite drying. not what I was looking for :-(. back to Whole Foods it goes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 8:59:00 AM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Tried this when Whole foods was out of my HG Jason C cleanser. I have norm/dry/aging skin. Feel this would be a better match for someone w/ more norm skin. It did remove my mascara & did not leave me w/ racoon eyes just felt it was a little strong for my skin, just slightly since mine can be dry. Overall I have had a great luck w/ the RainForest line for skin & hair. Nice products at good prices. Would recommend this unless you have super sensitive and/or very dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2010 2:35:00 PM More reviews by xDOLLFACEx

Broke me out instantly! It was crazy how fast it happened. Like the time it took to wet my face, wash and then rinse i immediately had red dots everywhere and some were lil white pus fill ones! It was so strange to me, because before i used it my skin was pretty clear. So i think it was all the oils in it. I think that all the oils was just too much for my skin. It also gave me mila seeds around and on my eyelids, which iv never had happen b4. So at first i thought well its has to get worse before it gets better, but it didnt it just got worse each time.

So i think this cleanser would be good for someone w/ dry and mature skin.

UPDATE: Doesnt break me out like crazy like it used to. ya here and there it will irritate my skin ever so slightly. Love how its so foamy and removes make up very well. Also it smells super good.