L'Oreal Skin Expertise Collagen Moisture Filler Daily Moisturizer Day/Night Cream

4.2

Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (shea butter), Isohexadecane, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Dipropylene Glycol, Cera Alba (Beeswax) (Beeswax), Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylamide Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PEG 100 Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 20 Stearate, Boswellia Serrata Root Extract, Manganese Gluconate, Soluble Collagen, Atelocollagen, Dimethiconol, Polysorbate 80, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Potassium Sorbate, Parfum/Fragrance, Alpha Isomethyl Ionone, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Hexylcinnamal, Hydroxyisohexl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol

on 4/21/2015 11:12:00 PM

I'm currently on my third jar of this stuff & I cannot sing it's praises long enough. I've seen a reduction of fine lines on my face (I'm 28) and even my mother in law in her early 50s loves it. it is a thick cream but after a few minutes it absorbs. highly recommend it to everyone I know.

on 4/1/2015 4:56:00 PM

My skin has been giving me issues the past year or two. Tried so many things, gentle, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free, etc.....nothing was working..In fact, many of these 'gentle' and 'hypoallergenic' products ended up giving me alligator nose and left my skin feeling very 'tight,' to the point that smiling hurt!! (I had been suing Boots products and then Cerave)

Looking for something that will work is one thing, but when you've got other issues like a sensitive nose, sensitive skin, easily prone to break-outs and allergies, it can be a nightmare!! And there are soo many products out there anymore!!

I began looking around the Walmart website for favorable reviews of products that seemed 'safe' for me. I still was overwhelmed. Finally, I went into the store and looked myself. Overwhelming, yes, but at least having looked online, I had somewhat of a starting point.

I settled on this.

I am so glad I just picked this out!! The very first time I applied this, I instantly felt immediate relief and a soothing and calming so desperately needed..my skin looked refreshed and not dull and 'tired'..but alert and refreshed!!! A couple hours after applying this, I went and looked in the mirror. This was all I had on my face, to 'test' it un-disturbed from other products and to see if any reaction would occur. Not only have I not had any reaction, but a couple hours after having this applied, the pretty prominent line between my eyebrows was smoothed out almost completely!! My skin felt and looked 10 years younger. Yes, that very first day!! This is the 2nd day and so far, no reaction and no breakouts. My pores even seem somewhat diminished, and my skin more smoother than it has been in a long, long time.

Will continue to use this and plan on re-purchasing based on the phenomenal results so far. Will post any updates if something goes awry, but so far, this has been a pleasant surprise!! The price sticker is not bad at all, either!! There is a very, very slight scent, maybe floral? maybe kind of rose? it is so faint, it is hard for me to tell, and the scent disappears as soon as it is applied. My sensitive skin and nose do not tolerate scents, so whatever I initially faintly 'smell' obviously does not bother me. Keeping fingers crossed that this continues to be a delight to use!!

This is just a basic moisturizer. It didn't make a net positive difference in the way my skin looked.

I think it clogged my face slightly so I used it up by mixing with Sweet Almond oil and applying as a body moisturizer.

It does have a strong scent, but I actually like it, it's a clean, fresh smell. The dark blue glass jar is pretty.

on 12/11/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

With daily and nightly use, this super moisturizing cream has made my skin so glowy, smooth looking, and smooth feeling. I find that my skin, although still firm with no deep wrinkles yet, has become much more supple with regular use of this product. It has even made my under eye circles less noticeable (I usually put a little extra around the eyes).

My skin is on the dry side, and the thicker consistency of this cream blends well into my skin and does not give me an oily look. I can see this product being too rich for someone with more oily skin, but for those with dry skin this will work wonders.

I happen to like scented face creams, and I don't find this one to be overpowering. It smells fresh and doesn't linger too long.

I highly recommend this product!

on 11/25/2014 2:45:00 PM

I received this for free initially and have repurchased 3-4x already. Been using it for 1.5 years. It's a very nice "thicker" moisturizer, rich and creamy, smells good and i have not developed any sensitivity to it which was a surprise.

I use it year-round and about 50% of time use in day as well under makeup. Almost always i use it at night as well. It's a cold weather must!!

Plus, the price can't be beat. It's only like $13 and half the time you can get Buy one, get one at half-off at chain drugstores, so that's even better. I might be crushed if they discontinue this!!

on 11/25/2014 2:27:00 PM

I can't live without it. It's a very good moisturizer. It's just right for me. It's also very affordable. I have tried many products. I always come back to this one. It probably doesn't help with wrinkles long term; so I have to use an anti-aging serum with this. The best part is that it seems to help lift my face temporarily, like a body slimmer/toner. Like a final touch; makes me look younger.

on 11/14/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

There wasn't really anything special about the cream. It didn't do anything bad either. It is just like using regular lotion on your face.

The good:

For me, it's soothing, and highly moisturizing. It absorbs well, but also stays on my skin all night. It doesn't rub off on the pillow, leaving me with unmoisturized areas in the morning. I wake to plump, soft, moist skin. Any small scratches or wounds from picking a zit (bad girl! Lol) heal faster when I use this due to the moist environment it provides.

I stopped using this for a while and switched to Paula's Choice Moisture Boost. I wanted something that had better packaging and no fragrance. But I found that while I really like the PC product, it just wasn't moisturizing enough. I was getting dry patches again, and was seeing vertical lines on my cheeks. My skin is just really prone to drying out.

I went back to using this, and my skin is getting back into shape :)

The bad:

While collagen is good for moisturizing, it cannot affect the collagen production in the skin. So don't believe that implication.

It also has several fragrance ingredients that can be irritating, but my skin doesn't react to this formula. It also does not have a very strong fragrance to the nose. However, I'm still taking a lippie off because there's no reason for cosmetic products to contain fragrance. None. Zilch.

The other issue - and for me, the most major issue - for this product is jar packaging. Firstly, you should use an implement of some kind - like maybe a very small butter knife (something non-porous and easily washed) to remove the product from the jar. Otherwise, you risk contaminating the product with bacteria (yes, even if your hands are clean).

The inevitable exposure to air with jar packaging degrades the few sources of antioxidants this product has, and by the time you finish using it, its texture and thickness changes. It becomes more waxy, less silky.

The jar comes with a little white cap inside that helps with this issue, and you should make sure you use it religiously to avoid exposing the product to air as much as you can. It does help, but does not eliminate the problem.

The other option is to put the product in a reusable tube container, which will initially expose it to a lot of air, but reduce its daily exposure to air.

It's nice to have a pretty blue glass jar, but I'd rather have a product that remains clean and stable. So another lippie off for that.

If not for the fragrance and jar packaging, this would be a five-lippie rating.

Hopefully, the cosmetics industry will recognize that the public is becoming more informed and will begin to make products that are fragrance-free and in stable packaging.

on 8/6/2014 11:21:00 PM

I meant to give it one star.

on 2/17/2014 2:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This cream/moisturizer is nothing short of amazing, I can't believe it's a drugstore product! I'm 23, and while i don't have any wrinkles yet, I do have these stubborn, annoying fine lines under my eyes that bug the hell out of me. I've tried A L O T of creams, as well as oils, and none of them, even though most of them promised to, alleviated them. It's important for you to know your skin and what you're dealing with before trying a new product, just so you can measure the effectiveness. The same night after I applied this, I noticed that the wrinkles were barely noticeable. I'm guessing maybe the area beneath my eyes was dehydrated? Whatever the case may be, my skin is clearing up and looks amazing. I also believe it has made my makeup look better. Makeup can't make up for skin in poor condition, and even though I'm young, that has encouraged me ti take better care of my skin now. I'm so excited to have found this!

Popular Moisturizers