Sebastian Whipped Cream Mousse

3.8

on 4/10/2014 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this and can't say that it really worked the best for my finer hair. Overall it's a nice product, but the biggest problem I had was even the lightest touch on the dispenser shot out about double the amount I needed. It seems to make my hair soft and styles all right, but the next day it seems flat and oily. This is probably due to the mineral oil in the product. I can usually use a can of mousse for months, but this wouldn't last long at all with the overdispensing. It might work quite well for people with thicker hair versus those that need volume.

My hair is mid-back in length with loose waves/curls, and the strands are very fine but there's a lot of them. This stuff works beautifully on it. Sebastian claims that Whipped Creme is a 'luxurious styler perfect to define bouncing curls and soft waves.' Also claims to condition and protect for a 'silky soft and gloss, shiny finish, without leaving hair dry or crunchy.'. On my hair I can say that it does everything it claims to. After I diffuse I have soft, shiny, defined wavy/curls with body but not poof. Love it. I use a decent amount and yet my hair still turns out soft with no left behind residue that can be seen or felt. My wavy/curls are definitely enhanced but left so natural looking with zero crunch/stiffness. I find this product to have great hold as my curls/waves remain nicely intact and looking good all day, even after being out in a lot of wind. But with that being said, it is a touchable, natural, flexible hold it has. If you prefer a firm, my hair doesn't move type of hold you will definitely have to cocktail this with another product. I find that it does a decent job of fighting frizz as well. I'm so glad that I received a small sample of this from Ulta, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered with it. My sample converted me fully, and now I use this product faithfully everyday. Don't know what I'd do without it! :)
Ingredients: Water, Carbon Dioxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Panthenol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Sea Salt, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA

I didn't notice this product doing much, It gave me a slight wave when I blow dried it, but nothing I couldn't style myself. Fortunately I got this as a sample. Doubt I will purchase.

on 7/4/2013 2:44:00 AM

this is one of my favorite styling products for my long, thick, textured, wavy hair. a little goes a long way with this stuff that literally looks like whipped cream. leave this in damp hair and air dry and you'll get soft, shiny bouncy waves. i find too much product and also applied too close to the root can make it look greasy, so definitely start with a small amount and start at the bottom and scrunch in.

on 5/29/2011 3:47:00 AM

This is one of the best hair products i've ever used. I usually don't care for Sebastian products but I love this product!

on 11/23/2010 8:38:00 AM

If you have wavey or curly hair that is dry this product is definitely for you! I have wavey hair that gets dry and frizzy very easily and with this product (combined with a little light spray gel for hold) my hair has PERFECT, shiney, soft waves that last all day. Nothing I have used before (and I've tried everything under the sun) has made my hair this nice. I put this in my wet hair along with spray gel and use a diffuser and in 5 min I have perfectly formed waves. I never even knew that my hair could get this wavey and not have any frizz! Now I can see if you have oily hair this product would not work for you as it is super moisturizing but if your hair is dry then this is exactly what you need. The smell is also nice. It is just a very light shampooy smell. I will most definitely buy this again!

Edit** After a few weeks of regular use my hair started to get dried out. I noticed it has sea salt as an ingrediant so I think that's what is making it dry. It's still a good product if used once in a while but shouldn't be used daily if you have dry hair. I took it down 2 lippies because of the dryness.

on 11/1/2010 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

My stylist recommended this and it's great! Leaves my hair soft and bouncy. I have Asian hair that is straight, a little course and a lot of it. The whipped cream feels kinda oily in your hands but it goes on very light and leaves hair beautiful. Smooths ends and tames flyaways.

on 4/5/2010 10:21:00 AM

This is one of the newer products from the Sebastian Professional line. Whipped Cream Mousse is so creamy. It's surprisingly light, thus has virtually no hold. As the day goes on, my long, fine, wavy hair looks stringy and a little frizzy. It also feels a bit dry and I get flyaways. Just didn't work for me, but then again, I'm not a huge fan of mousse and prefer gel or curl cream.

Popular Styling Products