April 16, 2014 | 1510 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clean & Clear - Under Eye Brightening Stick

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2011 2:57:00 AM More reviews by onoriki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whim at a supermarket about 5 years ago now, just before i jumped on a plane to Fiji. I used quite abit overr there coz I didnt want to put make-up on.. too hot really. Its still riding around in my make-up case even though i don't use it much anymore, i guess i left it there for emergencies. I might be one of the only people here, but I remember i used to use this quite a bit and i loved it. I have dark circles under my eyes (genetically from my father) and i hated how much it showed up in photos. I found that when i dabbed this under my eyes, It took the darkness out of my under eye circles instantly. In fotos, my eyes didn't look so tired or even when i looked at myself in the mirror. Im a NC45 Islander complexion so quite a yellow undertone. I don't remember ever thinking it looked gray or overly glittery.To me it did what it said, brightened my eyes, plain and simple.

After awhile it does tend to clump so I just made sure that i really rubbed it into my under eye area and also starts to have a funny smell.

I would put this on if your gonna be doing a full face of make-up ie. foundation, concealer and the works, there wouldnt be any point.

Other than that I can't really fault it cause i used it so much, and i would buy it again because i honestly am abit lazy and only wear makeup on the weekends or nights out, i dont wear any to work, only coz i love my sleep. I liked this stick coz it was easy. That said i guess i wouldn;t recommend this if your looking for something to wear with your full make-up.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by curlystraw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a complete waste of money. I believe I paid about 11CAD for it, and it doesn't do anything except give a slight cooling feeling for a minute when you first apply it. Real coverage of undereye circles is practically nonexistent. It just gives a tiny bit of shimmer that lasts for maybe 10 minutes. The packaging isn't great since you have to apply it directly onto your skin and that's always unhygenic after a while, but I gave it a 2 because the blue and silver colour combination of the cap still looks nice aesthetically.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by SophH

Don't waste your time or money on this. Doesn't do anything for under your eyes. You could use it as a highlighter if you wish but it's probablly too shimmery.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by vicken

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I agree with most people here - it doeesn't work and just leaves a yucky white residue. Total crap. Don't buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by clarissa0037

uugghh. what can i say? its all been said. not a good product. when you put it on it feels nice n' cool then when it dries, which is 10 seconds later it does absolutley nothing. the dark circles are still there. even worse, it leaves this white residue. not good. don't buy it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by spiffytiffi912

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this because anything with 'brightening' on it really attracts me, and I liked the packaging. However, it doesn't do anything for me. I have slight dark circles under my eyes, so I didn't want to buy anything drastic like eye creams and stuff. This seemed pretty tame, but after trying it, it's TOO tame. It doesn't brighten anything. And after a while, the texture of the stick became gross and almost spongy.
I gave it two lippies because i liked using it as a highlighter for my cheeks and it gave a slight cucumbery, cooling effect which was pleasant.
If it didn't work for my SLIGHT darkness under my eyes, it's not going to help REAL under eye puffiness and dark circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

Doesnt do anything! It's loaded with mica so I guess the company thought they could fool us this way. I did like how it felt when it was first applied cause it cool the moment it touches the skin but thats it. Just that moment. The smell of this is really rancid too. Not very cucumbery. Yeah, overall, horrible product. This was the first thing I ever used for taking care of my undereyes when I was like 16, bad bad bad.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this in hopes of alleviating my under eye circles and the darkness around them caused from never getting enough sleep. I have to say that I loved the refreshing feeling when first applied. But, it is a matter of seconds before it starts to dry, and leave cakey frosted matter clumped on your face. It never spread smoothly.
I found that once my makeup was applied over this it tended to cake more, creating more glitter particle residue on the skin. The "brightening" effects were then no longer visible.
I kept the small plastic cap on mine and I think it prolonged freshness for a while, but a few weeks without it on and it went rancid. Won't repurchase, and I don't recommend either.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2008 8:43:00 AM More reviews by boss_lady

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awful. It doesn't work- doesn't lighten under-eye at all for me. Also, is you use too much pressure with it, it falls apart. A waste of my money.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/30/2007 1:16:00 PM More reviews by sodapopfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is a waste of money and doesn't work. All it does is add some weird shimmer. Also, it went rancid after a few months. I used it once.