April 16, 2014 | 1513 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Platinum Blonde Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2013 11:09:00 PM More reviews by LilyLil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Every colorist I try claims they will be able to make my hair a cool, COOL blonde. NO WARMTH, I tell them. They finish and of course it's very very warm.
So this is the latest purple shampoo I've run to to try to fix the warmth. Cheaper and less drying than Joico's. Make my hair softer than the drug store brands. Not much improvement after one use. I will update after I've used it more.
UPDATE*** It took three applications to see the results I wanted
*update 2* I get better results with Clairol's purple conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this for around $12. I was looking for something to tone down the brassiness in my hair. It DOES work! I use it twice a week, and I definitely notice a difference. My hair looks brighter and more blonde.

I usually leave it in for about 7-10 minutes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by akelly0206

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this product as my daily shampoo. When I say daily, I mean that I shampoo my hair every other day but this is my shampoo I use every single time. It's not meant to lather, and the deep purple tones any brassiness out of hair. I would not recommend this product unless you're at least a level 9 blonde, though. This shampoo really is meant for very light blonde hair. Using this product in conjunction with Awapuhi Moisture Mist, The Cream, and Super Skinny Serum is my daily regimen and my hair is silky smooth.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by missannster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i loooove this shampoo.

i have used quite a few other blonde/toning shampoos including clairol shimmerlights and anything you can get at sallys, the john freida toning shampoo, etc, and this is the best.

i had recently lightened my hair (i had been lazy with the roots and had been experimenting with warmer tones, darker blondes) so when it lifted, it was quite brassy (especially the roots). i have been using this for 5 days, and each wash it gets better and better. i think in a few more shampoos, i will have the desired ashy tone without having to do anything else to my hair. i am most impressed with the roots, they have evened out really nicely with the rest of my hair. and unlike other purple shampoos, this one smells really nice (like cucumber) lathers really well, and makes my hair really soft. i have been using this with the detangler conditioner from the same line and am really impressed. i had been using tresemme before and it had make my hair so dry and brittle and emphasized my dry ends so badly i didn't even bother to finish it and bought the paul mitchell. will def keep using and will most likely repurchase when i run out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by michelleo629

I am in LOVE with this shampoo! I am a blonde and I use this shampoo every day and my hair does not get brassy whatsoever. I think this shampoo is worth every single penny and does wonders!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by reneed73

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Expensive but works well and doesn't leave hair filmy and dry like the Clairol kind. It's a little bit messy unless you get it in the pump bottle, the regular bottle ends up with purple streaks all over it and the shower. Overall, this is the best one I've used so far though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 4:57:00 PM More reviews by pauld

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love it, love it. Blonde hair a bit brassy and I shampoo this in, leave for 5 minutes and it totally tones the brassiness. It's pricey but you only need a little bit and the bottle lasts ages.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

This is a purple shampoo that is supposed to counteract brassiness in hair. I found that it did the job but when I leave it on for more than five minutes it makes my mostly level eight blonde hair darker than it is supposed to be so I guess the trick is to leave it in for maybe one or two minutes max after shampooing. Only gripe with is is that it isn't too moisturizing and it barely produces a lather so I feel that I have to use more than I actually. I will try Clariol shimmer lights next b/c of the great reviews since I am not too happy with this nor with the price.