April 17, 2014 | 1821 users online

Pressed Powders - Wet 'n' Wild - Natural Wear - Bare

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by scatandpounce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff works really well! I've heard other people compare it to Bare Minerals, and for good reason. It's all natural, doesn't clog my pores or break me out, and has good coverage. Even the packaging is natural, and it's magnetic, so I haven't had problems with the compact breaking or coming open or anything. My only complaint is that even in the lightest shade, it feels a little dark. I usually use Cover Girl Clean pressed powder for sensitive skin just because it matches my skin tone better and feels lighter like I'm not wearing anything, but this is a very close second! It's good for when I run out of my usual stuff and need something, and it's dirt cheap, so why not?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by thebigtrout

I love this. I stash one everywhere... in my purse, my car, even the little mesh compartment in my lunchbox in case I need a touch up. This is the only powder I've ever use that actually works like a light makeup to cover up discoloration and blemshes when the rest of my makeup left me looking uneven. It's really really good. I'm afraid someday they'll stop making it and then what???? I love it. I use it over my finished makeup to even out stuff or cover hard to cover stuff. I also touch up oily or uneven areas throughout the day and it looks really smooth and pretty. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2011 4:02:00 PM More reviews by acleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For the price, this can't be beat - doesn't contain any junk, keeps the shiny forehead under control, feels nice and silky, no fragrance, plus dirt cheap. What is not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by lanpho

Great powder. Good color -Buff. Great price. Nice texture. Doesn't make me break out. Highly recommend! And I have tried about 20 powders fr expensive to cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Lola_Bear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I grabbed this on the day of my wedding reception as I had run out of the MAC Mineral powder I normally wear and the ingredients looked good. Wow. Impressive. No need to spend $30+ on a high-end mineral powder. Good natural coverage and stays true to color by the end of the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Shpionka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing powder. It is so amazing, in fact, that I've replaced my obscenely-priced Bare Minerals foundation with it. This powder is both heavy enough to cover as well as a mineral foundation and light enough not to sink into fine lines or look cakey.

I put on concealer, buff this powder on with a kabuki brush, add bronzer and blush, and I get the EXACT same result as with BE...and the stuff costs $3.

...and it's 100% natural!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by wildflower85

I was pretty darn surprised when I found this in the cheap makeup aisle at wal-mart (I like to glance at ingredients, see if there's anything interesting). This Wet n' Wild pressed powder is marketed paraben free and hypoallergenic! Not bad....so I looked at the ingredients....again, not too bad (I'll post them for you), so I decided to spend $4 and try this stuff out. It's getting warm here in NY, and I have combo skin which needs oil control, so this was a good place to start. My take:
This stuff actually works. They have a few different shades, though they don't go as dark as many people would need, so you can get an OK match as long as you have light skin...which is annoying for the rest of us. But, it absorbs oil and refinishes your face without leaving any residue. Don't use the crappy sponge that comes in the compact, use a mini-buki if you have one. The packaging is a little bulky, but it appears to be recyclable paper, so that's a plus. Would buy again, and am curious about their other "Natural Wear" products.