August 20, 2014 | 1983 users online

Polishes - Bourjois - So Laque - Rose Lounge 28

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 7:24:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm a huge fan of bourjois products and since I live in Canada the prices are a lot higher than if I had lived in the UK.

Anywho I bought this nail polish after reading that Kate Middleton wore this with Essie Allure on her wedding day to Prince William which pushed me to buy it lol.
But I'm slightly disappointed. The polish was too transparent imo and it chipped within 3 days (even with base and top coat). It's thick, gloopy and slightly hard to apply because it was somewhat streaky. I really wanted to like this product and for about 10$ CDN before taxes I hoped for a better product. I think I'm going to stay with my bourjois 1 second nail varnish instead. But I think this is a good colour if you're looking for that au natural / ready for an interview look.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 4:21:00 PM More reviews by MariaEffy

So far the best nude-pink for a french manicure I've tried, but make sure it's the right consistency befor you apply! All nudes tend to streak a bit, so it has to be thin and you have to be fast and careful with it. Don't go over the same spot twice before it's dry. The first coat will be thin and transparent, but it will show up. Do a second one after it dries if you want to. I sometimes leave it with one coat when I'm lazy, it still looks good. You need to use a topcoat though, because it gets a bit dull after a couple of days. If it dries out, add a drop of nail polish thinner and it should be fine (I have an erre due one and it works great).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PussPuss1

This is a pretty, pink, everyday nail polish. I bought it based on the good reviews and I wear it a lot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2011 6:00:00 AM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, i wouldnt purchase this product again. i think the colour is very pretty initially however after a few days it went a yellow colour & stained my nail with the same yellow tone. i did not use a base coat so this was my own fault!! i also find it dries far too hard which results in nasty chipping on the edges. not a favourite however i do keep it at my second home for emergencies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by cocobear7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this polish, I have spent so much time trawling the internet and looking through every OPI pale pink polish out there, to find that they were either too pink or too opaque, then I bought this one day out of interest and really not expecting much, and now it is my all time fave!
Its like a really nice milky pink, I use 3 coats to get it perfect, with a base and top coat because my nails chip so quickly at work if I don't.
For me it's just the right amount of sheer, just enough so that you can see the natural whites of your nail, but not so much that it actually looks sheer either.
I am now on my 4th bottle and will keep buying for as long as they make it, which i soo hope they do because i'll be devastated if it gets discontinued!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by leung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

A generally pale pink colour suitable for everyday use, subtle for the office. Its pretty glossy and there is no need to use a top coat but that would mean it lasts about 5 days.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Marianthoula

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my favourite pedicure colour for the past 2 summers. It's a life-saver!
I do my pedi and then forget about it. It lasts about 10-15 days of sandals and about 1 week of closed shoes. I use it with Mavala 002 base and any top I have available. If used alone, I am sure to get at least 6-7 days without chipping.
The formula is such that it does not crack (form those spider web lines on the strain points) and with a little care, so as not to paint on or over the cuticles, its life extends to those 10-15 days.
Also, the colour is such that you do not see any small wearing out unless you look REALLY close. I usually do 1 coat for the softest, barely there colour that just enhances my toes and it goes with EVERYTHING! I just look fresh and polished and very well put together, with the minimum effort. The good thing is that is not pinkish, to look as "nail colour" and not a dead, lifeless, booooring beige. Just perfect and with a nice glaze (even without top coat).
It dries quite fast (1 or 2 coats) and gives nice, opaque, non-streak colour.
The glass bottle can take a fall and come out unharmed - I love it for this. The cap is the colour you will get on your nails and it is very convenient, and the price is really good.
I use it so little because it lasts so much, that I am now on half my bottle. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by voodoo_cat07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised by this color. The formula for this is smooth, creamy, and the pink looks nicer than what I had hoped OPI's Bubble Bath to be. Very pretty shade for day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by Shazzer1976

I used to think I was not easily influenced until I was on Twitter the day of the Royal Wedding and read, with interest, that this was the very nail varnish (mixed with another shade by Essie) that Kate Middleton was wearing. The next day I was in Boots searching the shelves, convinced that everyone else would be doing the same!

To get back to the nail varnish. I thought it looked horribly pink in the bottle, but when applied it goes on sheer and glossy. It is easily applies - fool proof nail varnish for those of us who tend to paint knuckles and all! My nails just looked healthy, almost like a French manicure. It also lasts quite well and, I hate to say this, if it does chip it is not that noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a milky pink sheer colour on my nails. Probably a good colour for office wear or weddings. Very glossy. Dries fast. The brush is wide enough to cover my small nails in one sweep. Bourjois So Laques are $12 in Australia. If I don't get OPI's "bubble bath", I will repurchase "rose lounge" as it is cheaper.

Edit: "rose lounge" lasted for a week without a base or top coat until my nails grew longer and needed to be cut... then the polish started to peel a little around the edges.