October 22, 2014 | 1759 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Curl and Press

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Emily1994

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is AMAZING! I have had this product for about 8 years now I think. I can see what the person below me is saying, the hair does occasionally get caught in the mechanism, but not excessively more than your usual clamp curler. The tool heats up quickly and is very easy to use (although when I had waist length hair, it was a squeeze to fit enough hair on). You don't need to pay much attention to create perfect curls, which are medium in size and glossy. The main thing I love this for though is the long lasting-ness. When I was young I could get away with not washing my hair for two days and the curls stayed in. I really liked the 2nd day curls, they were loose and dainty. Now, I brush the curls after they cool to get glamorous waves. This is my star product, if I hadn't brought it all those years ago, I probably would have been through so many more. The only cons are the slight snagging, no temperature control and they are on as soon as you plug them in (very painful to tread on), short cord length and slight melting of the plastic holding the metal in, but the benefits really outweigh these cons. They last for so long and are so robust. You'll never be looking for a new curling tool again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 3:08:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I haven't tried any other curling irons before, however...

I don't even know where to begin...but this thing is the worst...unless if you have short hair that is in the healthiest state possible on earth.

It heats up fast, no temperature control though. I find this lame.

Basically you curl a small section of your hair around the barrel then push a slider that presses your hair up for tighter curls. This last part will tug your hair and snap it and mess it and do every possible kind of injustice to it. And by the time it lets go of your hair its possible it's burned it elsewhere.

Also, if you have long perfect hair, you won't be able to curl it easily. You'll have to do each section in two steps

Why on earth would they invent such a lousy product?! Just go for a regular curling iron instead.