July 31, 2014 | 2116 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - 2" Wet·Dry Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener with Straightening Pins

rated 2.0(1 review)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 2:17:00 PM More reviews by almond_leaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this about a year ago and have been thinking I suck at straightening my hair...after purchasing a Braun one, turns out I'm not :)

Actually, it's not as horrible as I make it sound...but it's pretty average.

If you want to straighten your hair without having to blow dry it straight first, this straightener won't make it. You must blow-dry it straight first to end up with an acceptable result.

I liked that it had so many temperature settings and that the dial for that is placed on the inner part of the straightener not out on the side.

The surface of the straightener is rubbery-velvety... something like that of NARS' packaging...which is great cuz with all the products and serum that I apply while straightening my palms become super smooth and this surface keeps the straightener from slipping. I love the color, its just so elegant.

The iron plates are smooth, but not the smoothest out there. And it doesn't leave my hair in its shiniest state possible.

The wet/dry option is cool, since working with damp hair is a lot easier and yields better results. But since you must properly blow your hair dry first, the option becomes pointless.

Swivel cord is good..I know you might be thinking so what...but read my review on the Braun straightener and you'll know why I'm mentioning this.

The straightening pins do help, but normally I run through my locks with a fine comb right before the straightener for smoother results rendering the pins useless.

And I don't know what exactly does that, but some part of this iron tugs on hair and snaps it. And that is my biggest annoyance with this straightener. I pulled out so many of my hairs out-ouch!

As for the 2 inch plates, I thought it'd be cool cuz it'l help me work faster, but you can't curl your hair so well with such width. You'll only be able to create flicks.

Finally, this straightener is a bit heavy and kindda tires my arm.

Pretty much the only thing I adore about this is the packaging. It's the best.

If you're on a tight budget you may get this one. But after my experience with the Braun flat iron I can't imagine myself using this one again.