September 19, 2014 | 1159 users online

Polishes - Models Own-Nude Beige

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Nosage

Models Own produce very good nail products at very affordable prices. They are better quality in my view than Chanel, going on ease of application and shine. However the range seems to be aimed at clubbers/teenagers so the shades are not very appealing to the more, ahem, mature woman. However there are a few exceptions and this is one. It is a great nude, shiny, great to apply and has staying power. I will not buy again purely because the shade does not suit my skin tone. I need a darker shade, it brings out the red patches and slight discolouration on my hands. My favourite MO polish is Purple Ash, worth looking at a swatch via Google. A sophisticated neutral.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by prettygreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this colour personally, it's complimentary to my skin colour whereas I find most nude colours to be unflattering. Sister got it free in more magazine and gave it to me (lucky!) and I'll be using it again and again. I love models own nail varnishes, the brush and bottle are great.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by Sambalina82

Love models own but hated this shade, didn't go well at all with my skin tone. Gave to to my friend instead!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 9:32:00 AM More reviews by lilmi

Love this colour! Always get complimented on it.
It's a lovely cool 'nude' as a previous poster mentioned, has a slight lilac tint. I think this makes a nice change from the usual brown/peach/pink tints you get with nude shades.
Colour is very cute and girly, also goes well with my skin-tone.

~~

Models Own polishes are generally really good quality. Two coats will give you good coverage and they don't 'streak' on application. At 5 per bottle they're reasonable priced too. They recently had a 50% promotion for facebook followers so I bagged a few bargains on there.

~~

My only minor complaint is in regards to packaging. The lid is quite bulky and I think application would be easier if it was a bit smaller and easier to hold.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 9:17:00 PM More reviews by numerology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite nude polish! It is a slightly darker nude with a barely noticeable purple-y undertone and it looks good on a wide spectrum of skin tones. The formula is great, as with all Models Own polishes I've tried (and I've tried a lot!). Two coats and you're golden. It lasts fairly well when used with a good top coat. The price is good too, especially when you pick five polishes on their website (7 discount). Brilliant!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2010 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Kiran1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this nail polish, I stumbled across it in boots (UK) and it looked very similar to chanels particular(sp?) and I instantly purchased it as I was after a cheaper nude for a long time. This was the first Models Own product I have ever pruchased and I was not dissapointed, it was really creamy and not streaky at all. It last all week and all I needed was two coats, I describe the colour as a pure nude but with sort of pinkish undertones. I am indian and it looks great against my skin tone, even my mother borrowed it and she loves it too and even used it on her toes and it still looks lovely, I am off to buy some more MO nail colours now.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by izzit

Absolutely adore this colour! Its the perfect taupey nude with a slight lavender undertone. I'm asian with NW25 skin, and this looks really beautiful on my nails, it complements my skin tone well :) Two coats is perfect and non streaky. Would definitely recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2010 11:01:00 AM More reviews by stephaniemarie97

All in all I think 'Nude Beige' was a successful colour, after applying two coats it was chip resistant for around a week and fitted in well with my daily chores of being in the office and tidying up. I did think the actual substance of the nail varnish was a little gloopy but I think that's just natural for all brands.

I thought it was a fab colour for any outfit and it really held a sophisticated and modern look, a couple of my friends commented on it and was keen on purchasing it themselves after I told them how much it was.

I love Models Own and it's range of fresh new on trend colours, I think they're doing a superb job...

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by imagination3112

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A Taupe cream that pulls to a pinkish colour, loved the look of the colour in the bottle, but I feel the colour didn't suit me, made my fingers look really pink and looked as though they were sore -not a good look.

I was suprised at this, as I love how Orly Country Club Khaki looks in comparison.

Wear: Not impressive, chipped really badly in a couple of days. Could be due to me trying out new basecoat \ topcoat so will give it the benefit of the doubt at the minute, but will not buy anymore cremes
until I check this out.

Tried my regular base Nailtek Foundation II and Nailtek topcoat - the polish didn't chip as readily, but still chipped compared to others. Would not repurchase