September 18, 2014 | 1368 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst - Crimson [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by squirrelXetiquette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gaaaaawd i love this color. A perfect shade of red for olive/pale skin. It is a shame that these colorburst lipsticks have been discontinued. If you can find it, buy it! The staying power is not great, and it lacks moisturizing propertes, but it is still one of my faves.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2013 12:25:00 PM More reviews by mimiluau

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love red lipstick but as a WOC (NC50), I find it difficult to find shades that aren't too implausibly strawberry or pink on my skin tone. THIS is the perfect red. It's not the truest cherry red lipstick in the world but it's got a rich, expensive-looking, sophisticated color and a wonderful, non-drying texture. It also lasts all-day. I end the day with at least a faint stain even if I don't reapply it during the day. This one is a keeper! If only it weren't so darn hard-to-find these days.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 5:13:00 AM More reviews by kimcam93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful - creamy, doesn't dry out my lips and has really rich colour to boot. I blot this on during the day for a more 'lightweight' red and apply more heavily at night for an evening look - it's a slightly darker red than the traditional 'bright' loud look, which makes it classier than most reds out there. Lasting power isn't great, but it fades gradually so it doesn't leave you with any colour patches

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I can only repeat what all of the other good reviews said. I am a red lipstick fiend and I truly believe that Revlon makes the best reds. This is a beautiful, deep, grownup red. Looks gorgeous on my very fair skin. Feels nice and creamy, isn't drying, staying power is fairly good. Can't think of a single con. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sugamonkey

Beautiful deep red. Not pin-up red but not dark red-brown either. Silky, luxurious and long lasting. Deeper than mac viva glam I but less brown than dubonnet. I'm nc30 Asian w yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by ymfoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Best red tone for my skin. It tends to look better with warmer reds, oranges or brick colors.
    Colorbusrt lipsticks are my favorite product from Revlon. They have the most pigment, are fairly moisturizing, decent wear and great color selection.
    I love the classic packaging too.
    It is perfect.
    Use it with a liner for extra wear. and maybe dab it with a silicon translucent powder followed by a second coat to insure it stays all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by yueti

Bit expensive for a chemist lippie but totally worth it -- probably the best shade of red you can get for less than AU$30 out there. Not very drying on me, staying power okay-to-quite-good. No discernible smell which is brilliant. Best part of it is that I can wear it two ways: 1. slap it on thick to get that noir-ish vamp look, 2. lightly dab then blot for a lipstain alternative

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2012 12:03:00 AM More reviews by waffle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was on a quest for the perfect red lipstick and had high hopes for this one. This one turned out extremely similar to another one I had, Revlon's In the Red matte lipstick. Crimson is like a more satin version of that one. Both are pretty much the same color--a neutral red with medium brown undertones, making it a darker red. It's a touch too dark and brown for it to be my holy grail red lippie (I'm fair skinned (NW15)). But it's still a great color for both cool- and warm-toned folks. The only reason I took a lippie off is because of the formula--it just sits as a thin layer on my lips, not really melting in with my lips or leaving a stain (which is something I like). It's not moisturizing, although it doesn't take any moisture away either.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by redvelvet89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have finally found the perfect Chanel-esque, drugstore red lipstick that's elegant and doesn't make me feel like a clown. It is a deep rich red (perfect for my NC40 skintone) and the formula is quite moisturizing. This one is classy enough to wear to work and the quilted pattern on the packaging is what caught my eye (I've never bought a Revlon lipstick before).
    The only reason I can't rate this a 5 is because of its staying power which is virtually non-existent. I recommend filling your lips in with a nude liner first just to set the lipstick in place. Dabbing a little bit of baby powder and blotting should also help prolong weartime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by captainflamingo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC40, so it's hard to find a dark red lipstick that doesn't look brown/gothic on me. I took a plunge and spent $12 on this lipstick at SDM. It sort of pained me to spend Sephora-esque prices at the drugstore but 80% of my extensive lipstick collection comes from Revlon and high hopes. And for once, those hopes are met!
    Texture: Amazing. Buttery-smooth, doesn't bleed. One swipe per lip is all I need.
    Price: A bit high, but cheaper at Walmart/during sales. Worth it, though!
    Colour: Deep red. Truly crimson. Very flattering on my Asian skin tone.
    Packaging: Classy, quilted, sturdy
    I reach for this colour more than I do any other reds, and I have about 10.