September 22, 2014 | 1192 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Luxurious Volume Full Clarity Purifying Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Jessica84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm so disappointed! I loved the smell of this shampoo and conditioner and had high hopes for it. After the first use I was amazed at the full volume my hair finally had! However, I noticed a waxy film as I was blow drying my hair. But the volume was awesome! So with my second use it just built up even more and then my hair was super waxy/greasy, tangled, and limp. So I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Please note I have left an identical review for the matching conditioner :) Like other Volumizing shampoos and conditioners, I find this duo has a split personality. I have to wash my hair almost every day as it is incredibly oily, fine and (most recently) also thinning slightly. When I use this shampoo and conditioner my hair is either full of shine and volume OR lank, flat and dry at the ends. I alternate with Philip Kingsley and I find that with both shampoos I need to use a small-ish amount and emulsify with warm water in my hand to produce a slight lather before I massage it in to my wet hair. It's taken a while to master but I still cannot rely on either of these ranges. With volumizing/oily hair shampoos I find they start off great but over a short time the results are very variable. I've also tried a very expensive Kerastase shampoo for oily scalp and hair, with the same results. I alternate with a mild clarifying shampoo once a week so I'm not sure what else I can do!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ALBA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for the volumising shampoo in the green packaging in the UK.
It has been reformulated (used to be in blue packaging) with some different ingredients.

This is not as good as the old volumising shampoo. With the new formula the roots get greasier quicker and it makes the hair a little more slippery (I suppose to provide shine). I don't think that it is possible to have a shampoo that provides ample volume and shine. Volume has to be sacrificed for shine in a shampoo or vice versa. That is my experience anyway! You can always add a shine serum later on.

Conclusion: the old formula was better but the new conditioner may be an improvement.

Hair Type: My hair is medium to long, uncoloured, fine in texture but abundant in mass. I prefer to ensure I have the added volume, apply conditioner on the mid-lengths to ends and THEN add more leave-in conditioner, if I need it if it looks as though I need it as I'm drying it. It's harder to remove limpness from a heavy shampoo than it is just add a little oil or serum at the end.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by mings1911

This shampoo is awesome!! I have fine hair that gets greasy by the end of the day sometimes. I've been looking for a voluminizing shampoo for awhile and this is the best I've come across so far!!

It leaves your hair feeling and smelling clean and fresh. The best part is that it does leave my fine hair with more body! I find that the shampoo works best when your blow your hair after your bath but even without blowing your hair, it does give your hair that much more volume.

The downside is that the shampoo is quite drying for your hair, so make sure to get a good conditioner which doesn't weigh your hair down too much as well. The luxurious volume conditioner works well with the shampoo but I find my hair still dry after. I have switched to using a spray conditioner which leaves my hair lighter and more conditioned.

For the girls with fine hair out there: try this!!! you won't regret it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover9

I love this shampoo! I have very fine hair and it has left it weightless, shiny and really big! It is quite expensive, but I'll be buying it again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 1:14:00 AM More reviews by crazysexycoolchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm really surprised by all the good reviews! When I first started using this shampoo, I thought it was ok. It definitely got my hair clean, but I didn't notice any amazing changes in volume. Now that I've just finished the bottle, I can say that this shampoo strips the heck out of hair. My hair has never been more straw-like or tangly.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Omichan

Using my 2nd bottle now. This shampoo smells very pleasant, does a great cleaning job on my hair yet leaving it still silky smooth & weightless. I've never had so much shine on my hair b4 after using this shampoo. Volumizes for me but not a significant difference due to my naturally thick hair. But it is noticeable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 6:12:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

(This review is for both the shampoo and conditioner since used together).
These are great! I had been using the very expensive Living Proof Full S&C because I couldn't find a good volumizing S&C for less - but now I have. I am so happy with this stuff.
Great packaging. You can squeeze out every last bit.
Price is very reasonable and you get a lot for your money.
Smells nice; just a soft, clean scent.
Shampoo works really well, leaving my hair feeling very clean.
Conditioner moisturizes nicely.
Both products used together give great volume, bounce and overall thickness to hair. I was so impressed by the amount of volume.

I am really happy with this. My hair feels clean, soft and looks voluminous, shiny and smooth. Overall, I absolutely love this stuff. It is just as good as the Living Proof products, which are 4x the price. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for great volume.

Update: Halfway through the bottle and I think it is starting to dry out/strip the moisture from my hair. Of course, all volumizing shampoos will, but it's starting to feel straw-like. Taking off a lip.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by furnando

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this shampoo so much! I bought it while at big lots, for $2.50...really cheap. The first time I used this I noticed that my hair felt thicker, and the biggest plus for me is that it wasn't drying at all. Ultimately it gave my hair volume, not dry frizzy volume, actual thick hair volume. My only complaint is that when I bought these the container was leaking product everywhere, I almost threw them out, thankfully I didn't. Amazing shampoo, and awesome price. Lastly, I think the smell is ok, not my favorite but I didn't buy it to make my hair smell like perfume :).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely LOVE this shampoo ! Thickens hair from the roots and leaves my hair full of volume and body. The hair closer to my scalp is very thin and this product works wonders. I immediately feel the shampoo working when I apply it in the shower, it leaves a kind of rubbery feel to the hair without making it excessively dry. Packaging is nice and price isnt bad at all. Shampoo also has a partnering conditioner that has similar results, that I don't particularly care for as I like my ends to be soft not volumised. Would recommend this to anyone who wants a noticeable boost in volume to their hair!

UPDATE: Hate this shampoo now! Much prefer the Organix Coconut shampoo as its sulfate free and prevents oil building up on my scalp for a lot longer :)