September 19, 2014 | 1555 users online

Skincare - Jack Black - Pure Face Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by jhenley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great cleanser, it doesn't upset my skin. It has some scent in it though which is a bit off putting to me, but it does the job and my skin feels refreshed after using it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Has a nice, soothing scent with a decent amount of foam. I feel that I have to wash my face twice with this product to feel clean. Does not completely take off my eye makeup, particularly eyeliner and mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

I've only been using this for about a week and a half, but so far I really like it. I have combo/acne prone dry flakey skin - a lot of crap to try and deal with at one time and find the right product for. This isn't overly drying but leaves my skin feeling very clean and soo soft after using. It foams up nicely and removes makeup well (even though its a men's product, lol). Smells slightly lemony but not really manly at all in my opinion. I think I paid $12 for the 3oz bottle? A bit expensive but worth it for me if it doesn't give me a bad reaction. I don't like the squeeze bottle because no matter how gently you squeeze it, a ton comes out at one time, and wastes product. Will probably update this after using for a bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2012 10:39:00 AM More reviews by steppingrazor84

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i had high hopes for this product especially after seeing the ingredients did not look too harsh, it has a pleasant aroma and foams quite nicely, however it did dry my skin slightly and after a few days started to make the blackheads on my nose and cheeks worse. I dont shave but trim and started to get spots around the beard and stubble area so obviously it was clogging the pores around the hairs.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2012 12:15:00 AM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Like this product. It does what it promises. It cleans my skin, and it has a wonderful fresh clean scent.
I've been using this along with several products from this line since December 2011, and my skin looks fresh, clean, and glowing. I wouldl think the scent would appeal more to men (who is the target market for this line, but I don't think it's to harsh for ladies. It's just good product. On the expensive side. But I'm a junkie ..So I will pay the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 8:39:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Screw men - ladies buy this for yourselves, LOL!
A very generous tube of excellent cleanser for a decent price (I got mine off strawberrynet because Jack Black isn't available in NZ), it smells amazing, very much of the sage it lists on the front. It's fresh, clean and does a superb job - this takes off makeup, even waterproof mascara and long lasting eyeliner!!!!!
It's not harsh or drying either, I've used Neutrogena, Olay and Dior cleansers that strip the skin more than this, even if I don't mind this so much because I'm too damn lazy to use a separate eye makeup remover and just want a cleanser that removes all my makeup anyway, but it's nice to have something that does what I want without stressing out my skin.
Packaging is nice, a cobalt blue squeeze tube with a black plastic flip top lid (it comes in different sizes with the largest one being 473mL in a pump dispensing bottle, which would be great for in the shower), the label is classy and a bit vintage looking, which I really appreciate. Ingredients are listed on the back, not on the box (which it doesn't come in anyway), which is also a bonus.
The texture takes some getting used to - I tend to use creamy/foaming cleansers that spread easily with a little water but this stuff is very... interesting. To be completely honest (and PLEASE don't let this put you off, because it makes me giggle) the consistency is a bit like semen (I know, I know, my boyfriend agrees, it's true). Thick, kind of smeary but not sticky as such, it just kind of clumps a bit at first when you try and spread it out but it then seems to melt into a faint sort of lather when you massage it into damp skin. I'm probably not explaining it at all well, but it isn't a major flaw as far as I am concerned (the amazing herbal fragrance more then makes up for it!) but just something I noticed. It doesn't detract from the efficacy or quality of the product in any way.
I definitely plan to purchase this again, plus my boyfriend uses it so he can pay for it next time, ha ha!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2011 4:04:00 AM More reviews by snwbordface

gentle
mostly natural
good for sensitive skin
soft skin after you use it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by penqe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The woman at Sephora gave me a weird look when I asked for a sample of this, but despite being a girl, this product works great for my combination skin. This cleanser does what it claims to do... cleanse. My skin feels clean but not tight or dry at all. Generally the cleansers I've used stripped my skin of oil and my face tries to compensate by producing more oil, but I haven't had that problem at all using this. When I run out of the sample I'll definitely buy the regular size.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:12:00 AM More reviews by Texasbrian14

I have acne prone skin and was told to try this product out and OMG it is amazing! I am starting to see some good results with this product with just the sample. I am constantly reading up on mens skincare and this cleanser does what it says it is going to do! Going to purchase this product very soon :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this as a sample and gave it to my husband. It took him months to finally try it, but when he did he instantly loved it and asked me to get the full size product. After just one use, he noticed how clean, comfortable, and smooth his skin felt. I instantly noticed how even his skin tone and completion were (and this was right after shaving which usually leaves his face with red, irritated bumps and splotches). I do think it is a little drying for his already dry skin, but he doesn’t moisturize (unless I tell him to and even then he usually “forgets”) and we have particularly dry winters in the South so I won’t blame the cleanser. As long as he loves it, I’ll buy it for him, and he seems very happy with it.