November 26, 2014 | 1687 users online

Polishes - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Nail Color - Break the Ice

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2014 6:20:00 PM More reviews by missnat

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this based on the great reviews here but am very disappointed in the product. This polish is thick and goes on streaky, even when I tried using it over Butter Nail Foundation and Stickey base coat. The thickness of application is impossible to control because of the super thick brush. After two different (gross)applications, I've thrown it in the trash.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by xxstrawberry

The brush is a wide brush, which makes it very easy to apply. It's a beautiful soft white - pearly, microscopic glitter in a white base that's ever so slightly transparent and yellow. Not enough to appear off-white, but just a tinge yellow to make the color look beautiful against my yellow toned skin. One coat makes it very sheer. Two coats is quite opaque.

And the reason for my less than stellar rating? It doesn't dry! Hours upon hours later, when the first coat is dry, I add a second coat. Hours later, I finally dare to let anything touch my nails, And yet, my nail polish gets completely scratched up and indented! This must be a fluke, judging by the other reviews, and by the other polish I have from this line (2% Milk - that one is fabulous!). Since I love 2% Milk so much, and Break The Ice is the perfect white, I'd be willing to buy another bottle of this to see if my first one was defective!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2013 4:21:00 PM More reviews by Lossea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

SO pretty! Break the Ice is the first MegaLast nail polish that I have gotten myself, in February 2012, and am still enjoying it very much. This polish is reminiscent of undisturbed, freshly fallen snow with its virgin sparkle. Such a gorgeous, lustrous white. I especially enjoy wearing it on my tips, which is very easy to apply with just the brush due to the right consistency of the polish. I have had this polish for nearly two years, and, while it naturally thickened some, it is still very workable. Streak-free and beautiful with one coat only, and two provides full saturation. Lasts very long and the price is amazing, too. Bring this little jewel home! You'll love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Curlybird

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was looking for a good white and here it is- fast drying, durable and pretty. The color is a semi sheer off white shimmer that goes on smoothly. The shimmer makes BTI glow a bit and probably helps the formula.
Super pretty on its own or with a layer of Essie Mademoiselle on top. I'm thinking that will be my new default manicure! Very elegant and affordable polish that outperforms many expensive white polishes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this polish! I wanted a white polish that did not look chalky, or make my fingers look dirty. This polish gives me the white I'm looking for, but in a refined, classy way. The brush is nice too. Polish is a snap with this brush. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the new Megalast mani/pedi basket at CVS recently (8 bottles of polish, 2 files, toe separators, a buffing block, and a white basket to store it all in), and this was one of the colors. I bought it for the vivid colors actually, but this is the standout. One coat was too sheer, but two gave me icy nails with a subtle pastel shimmer. Usually white looks so harsh, especially on me, but this is perfect. The formula is a tad thick but application is smooth and dry time is pretty fast. I got this on sale but even at the regular price of $9.99, it's a steal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is everything I could ask for in a polish. The formula is the perfect consistency, not thick and gloopy and not thin and runny either. This applies like a dream. It lays right where you put it, and does not pool or run into the cuticles. It goes on sheer and with only 1 coat you get a sheer wash of color that is really only visible if the light hits it just right. I wanted a bare nail look and this works fabulous for that in 1 coat. Usually it looks like I have only clear polish on but then if the angle is right this polish looks like pearl on your fingertips. It has a pearlescent finish and shimmers that are visible outside the bottle too! The brush is wide and tapered as it is the professional style and it works wonderfully for applying this in thin even layers. It does NOT streak. Now how about that for a sheer polish? No streaks, really! I only used 1 coat this time since I wanted to keep a natural unpolished look but this is gorgeous with another coat or two and it really looks more pearly/frosty but doesn't give you opacity like a cream polish. This is what I was expecting Sally Hansen's Polar Bare disastercure polish to look like. Wet n Wild nailed it! This gem is only 1.99 and puts to shame those $8 polishes. Thank goodness this is a core color and readily available at Walgreen's, HEB, and I think I saw it at Target too if I recall correctly. I love this polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kiramekihoshi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I lovelovelove this polish! It's a semi-sheer white with the most beautiful shimmer that makes it look like freshly fallen snow. If you dig sheer polishes like me, or if you're layering it over something else, you'll only need one coat. Otherwise two coats will be perfect. I love the pro wide brush and the $2 price tag. The application was a dream for me. This might be one of my top 10 favorite polishes!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by kittykat1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only white-ish toned polish I like so far.. I like that it is not stark white and that has micro-shimmer in it, which adds to the soft, flattering look. This needs 2 or 3 coats max for opacity, it adds a nice finished look to your nails, the first coat being a bit streaky. Can be worn all year round in my opinion.. and.. to kick it up a notch and a add a bit of flair, I add Sally Hansen Diamond Strength in "Diamonds" over the top. A lovely look.
I can't speak to the lasting of this polish, as I always add a topcoat.

That said, I will re-purchase as I really like the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:17:00 AM More reviews by MysteryButterfly

I would repurchase but i dont think i need too since i rarely finish my bottles of nail polishes unless its a clear/top/or base coat. it is sheer like others have mentioned. itd probably take 2-3+ coats to get the bottle color on your nails. but i love the color. its a white pearly color with super small microscopic glitter. i mainly use it over my white nail tips when i do manicures. because i find alot of the white nail polishes are too white out looking and this softens it. it makes it alot easier on the eyes. love the wnw megalast nail polish line<3