October 23, 2014 | 901 users online

Styling Products - John Masters - Shine On

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by rhody

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have short (like boy-short) fine, straight, coloured hair. I am very leery of products with a lot of chemicals, especially if they’re going to be on my head all day! For that reason I looked into the John Masters Organics and I was very impressed with the ingredients of this product. There really isn’t anything gross in here.

On me, this adds a little shine to my hair and makes it feel a bit thicker. It doesn’t have much “hold”, per se, but it doesn’t claim to either. If I apply it to damp hair and then blow-dry, there’s no crunchiness at all. On air-dried hair there might be a little crunchiness until I brush or comb it out.

The product comes in a dark brown glass jar which I love. It’s weighty and feels quite luxurious to me.

Overall, I would buy this again though I can’t imagine ever getting through the tub, because you really don’t need to use much.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by yazzofizzle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The worst product I have ever used. Makes my hair even dryer and adds no shine at all. Just a waste of money. I think this will work great on some hair and just not on every person.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by goldrauschengel

Doesn't do much for my coarse, shoulder-length, thick and curly hair. More specifically, it doesn't add any shine, nor does it help to defrizz. Perhaps hair is a little softer, but since there are no visible results fo me, I wouldn't purchase. Especially not at this price level. Fortunately the sales rep filled a little sample pot for me to try, otherwise I would have wasted 35€ on this...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 10:51:00 PM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this product. I have very dark, dry and frizzy south asian hair. I applied this to partly wet hair right after a shower, blow dried it and it left an extremely natural shine on my hair AND kept it soft, smooth and tangle-free for the rest of the day.

The packaging works for me because if it came in some squeeze tube version, you wouldn't be able to get a lot of the product out because of it's thick, gel-like consistency. This way, you can scoop every last bit out of the tub, AND reuse the tub for any homemade face masks/scrubs.

It's expensive, but if you'll use it occasionally only, it's a great buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by klairi1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used this product only once but i was so overwhelmed that i had to write a review! My hair is long wavy,super- dry and frizzy.
I applied shine on , on towel dried conditioned hair and then blow dried it and ....WOW!!! It was not only shiny and smooth ( the effect i get from Morrocanoil or kerastase elixir ultime) but also had a lot of volume and looked alive like never before! I got compliments from everybody "what did you do to your hair?????" and keep on mind that i am someone who always has well styled hair ( which explains the damage- dryness).Now if this product is in the long run going to improve the overall condition of my hair, then it will be my no1 hair product of all times. Looking gorgeous and at the same time improving hair quality. What else can anyone expect from a hair product?

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:43:00 AM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product made my hair stiff, dry and not shiny at all and left it with a very unpleasant texture. I used it according to the instructions. It is probably one of the worst products I ever used. On the plus side it has a lovely smell.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by Starsfellon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product as I am trying to go silicone free and had previously been using the Frizz Ease Serum. I like this much, much better as it doesn't build up the way the Frizz Ease sometimes did, and if I stretch a little between shampoos my hair doesn't go slick. I love the glass jar, but I always avoid plastic like the plague. Why spend money on chemical free products packaged in chemical laden plastic? Anyway, I just very lightly dab two fingers into the jar after showering and apply. I wouldn't say that it really helps a lot with manageability while wet, it's not sticky but leans a little that way. After drying it leaves my hair soft, shiny, smoothed and very light and bouncy feeling. Overall, great for hair that needs a little shine and health.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by joules6

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Amazing product. I apply to towel-dried wet hair, after shampooing.
I sometimes use plain aloe vera gel in the same way, but this product is even better.
Lovely clean, slightly green scent. I enjoy many products from the John Masters Organics line, and albeit pricey, they deliver great results without harmful ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 11:15:00 PM More reviews by yvesrocher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So, I know everyone says this is more of a treatment but I used it as a styling product. I have dry, thick, curly hair. I am trying to go silicone free so I ordered this online.
I like this best to use after I have shampooed and conditioned my hair. I put a little in my towel dried hair and then use some Kiss My Face gel and I am all set.
My waves are defined, smooth, and shiney. If I don't want to wear my hair down. I just put a little of this in my hair and put it in a pony tail and my hair looks nice and shiney. I do like that I can use this on dry hair when it looks a little blah. I think I will try the Shea Moisture collection before I drop another thirty buck on this jar. I think this jar should last me for a while anyhow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by simi531

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is so expensive, but I was able to buy it on clearance at a local natural food store. It really does work well as a treatment and a styler for me. Whenever i forget to use it, I wonder why my hair does not look as good and then I remember this stuff! I try to alternate products (I have so many to go though), but i do return to this frequently. I feel like this is helping my hair get healthy while I am styling it. No risky ingredients like other gels or leave-ins. Just real stuff that actually works. I am going to try and make this last as long as possible b/c the price of this is outrageous!