September 22, 2014 | 1857 users online

Eyeliner - Sephora - doe eyed Felt Eyeliner in Black

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2013 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Ashburn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

While on a staycation, I left my Maybelline gel eyeliner @ home and i wanted to get something that is fairly cheap and does the trick as well. So after much consideration and testing, i decided to go for this. Im not sure why there's alot of flak for this product but it works pretty well for me.

Pros:
1. Cheap. SGD20
2. Smudge proof
3. The tip is pretty steady for me.
4. Matte in color. (Im not a fan of shimmery eyeliner)

Cons:
1. Color needs retouching after 5 hours
2. Wished it was waterproof

So in a nutshell, is it as good as MAC or maybelline? Nope. But it works allright coz its it still does it job!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/20/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Three words completely sum up this eyeliner, entirely: horrible, horrid, and horrendous. This is the first liquid eyeliner I ever bought and for the life of me, I COULD NOT apply it. No matter what I did, I could not properly line my eyes. Anything I got out was a faint sheer grey. The line was choppy and just horrible. By the end of the ordeal, I would have a bring pink eyeliner because the tip was so dry and scratchy. I honestly thought it was my problem and I was simply unable to apply liquid eyeliner, but turns out, it was the product. Similar to other reviewers, I kept it upside down for weeks and still, nothing. I literally brought it home from the store and it was all dried up! I was devastated!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/14/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sadesyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product was a total waste of money. I usually use a pencil liner, but after wearing winged eye-liner, i wanted to try a liquid, so i picked this up because it would be easier to handle rather then a brush. However, when i tried it, i got one line on my upper lash line, and it stopped working. I even tried to swatch it on my hand to get it to start working again and it was a very faint black color, almost unnoticeable. DO NOT BUY THIS!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/16/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by diddi1070

This was a total waste of money. At the price of 12 euros, what I got was an eyeliner that couldn't work. It made it for the first two lines, and then the colour would only get more sheer and then even more sheer. In my life, I found myself buying way much cheaper eyeliners that could actually work defenitely better that that. Even though I replaced it with the same exact product because I just thought the first one just happend to be a bad piece, the second was just the same.

>The tip was dry (even though I let it sit at an upside-down position for days).
>The colour is totally sheer and it doesnt even work after a few lines.
>The price is high while the product is a low-quality one.

I thought it would work well because of its brand. I generally don't really know about sephora's products quality ,as I haven't really tried many of them, but for this specific product the only thing I can say is, it's not worth a dollar.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by PrettyTigerEyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

What a tremendous waste this was.
I walked into Sephora and asked the SA what her reccomendation was for a really good felt tip eyeliner, and she said she SWORE by this one and even used it herself. I bought it, but as soon as I went home and tried to apply it, I realized that it was totally dry. I called the sephora and said I had gotten a dud, and they told me that that was how they were supposed to be! I have to press SO HARD to even get any product on my eyes, and what I did end up with was a flaky, grey mess. I am extremely disappointed with this product since it was very expensive. I'm going to think twice before I listen to the SAs again or buy anything Sephora brand.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by diamond1984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worst eyeliner I had. Colour is great and it stays on but it dried up in 3 weeks, after that you have to push and hope it gets wet again. Waste of money if you ask me.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Walhalla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this eyeliner a couple of months ago because I was looking for something easier to apply than liquid liner. There's no Sephora close to where I live, so I purchased this when I went on a business trip to Boston. That was back when CAD$ was higher than US$, so I didn't really care about the price, haha.
Anyway, this eyeliner is not the worst I've ever tried, but it's close to it. I haven't had any problem with it drying up or anything, like other people had. The colour is truly black and it stays put all day. I haven't noticed flaking or smudging.
It is however difficult to apply. I can never get any product into the tip of the applicator, so the best way I found to apply it is to use the side of the applicator and pat it along the lashline. It takes many strokes to achieve a deep black shade and bold line. It's not very practical to make sharp wings or anything else that requires precision. I also noticed that it's a pain to apply on top of eyeshadow. When swatched on my hand, it appears as a clean black line, but the eyeshadow powder sticks to the tip, which seems to block the flow of the product. Whatever happens, it's annoying and it makes things more difficult than they should be.
I recently bought Physicians Formula's eye booster liner and it made me realize that... the Sephora one seriously sucks.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by Gailkey2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was talked into this liner as I went into the JCPenny Sephora to find a liquid liner to use before I apply my falsies, I wanted something which didnt leave a shiny finish..not the end of the world if it did..so i got this liquid liner, brought it home, opened it up and tried to get the product into the felt part, and it was a no go on this...The product would not saturate the felt part to make it usable at all..what a dissapointment...I wanted to like it..

rated 1 of 5 on 8/27/2011 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Tesshi

I don't even have words to describe how dissatisfied I am with this product. When I went into Sephora to buy this product today, the sales associate was very enthusiastic and would swear by this product being one of the best felt liners in the store. I, being my usual naive self (forgetting the fact that they're trying to get your purchase by any method possible), believed her. So I took my purchase and I went on with my day.
Now, that I'm back at home, I decided to give the product a try. As a right handed person, I worked on my right eye first and application was flawless. I was so impressed by the product (or so I thought). When I got to my left eye, things started to get a little ugly, literally. The liner was so faded and the end of the felt tip was already fraying. I thought maybe it was just...something wrong with my eye (once again, being stupid), and I tested out the product on the back of my hand. No dice. This product is probably one of the worst makeup products I've ever used. Actually, make that THE worst makeup product I've ever used.
I guess you really can't be picky about the product if it's going to be so inexpensive. I'll be returning/exchanging this for sure when I get the chance to go back to Sephora.
Hope this review has helped :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/5/2011 8:57:00 PM More reviews by BarbCat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like the dark green best of all b/c it comes off like a soft not-too-yellow dark taupe. BUT, I buy 2 or 3 of the liners at a time, open and test them for flow and color in the store. It's amazing how many I've had to pick through in front of the salespeople. By now, they should know about quality control but they act, each time, like I'm the 1st person to have problems. Sometimes the green looks bluish, which means the yellow pigment is fugitive. All in all, you get what you pay for. If I can get it to flow in the store & the color is spot on, it's hard to beat this product for control and long wear. I swim & find it leaves a nice residue in my lash-line rather than running down my face. BTW, I use it only on my lower-lash line & lightly powder under & over it.