October 31, 2014 | 924 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Dome Brush (Black Handle)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 5:16:00 PM More reviews by jspnx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I want to love this brush, because I find its shape appealing, but it's my jack of all trades and master of none. Too dense for applying powder blush or contour -- it results in a garish stripe. Decent for applying liquid foundation, but not as handy as a stippling brush. I can use it to apply setting powder, but there are a lot of brushes that work for that. This brush is not useful enough to replace. When I bought it, the name was Sonia Kashuk Domed Multipurpose Brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2011 7:33:00 PM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay, here is what I love, which is the same for basically all Sonia Kashuk brushes: It is soft, dense, the handle is ergonomic and really nice, and the bristles never shed. What I dislike about this brush is that the bristles are a little long, and I feel like its not quite fluffy enough to be called a "multi-purpose" brush. I feel like its an odd combination of a foundation brush and a powder brush in one. Its still great and I love it, I just wish it was fluffier.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i love Sonia Kashuk brushes both black handle and white (except the kits, bad quality) i've had this brush for a while..over a year i believe.. i honestly don't know why the flat top brush is more favored than this one. i use this brush as a regular liquid foundation brush and spread my foundation all over my face and then i start blending it in and it looks way better than dabbing and blending with the flat top. also the flat top uses more product, don't get me wrong i still love the flat top one but i prefer this one, especially if you're in a hurry! then i also use this to set my foundation with my mac mineralized skin finish natural, it picks up just the right amount and it doesn't go all over the place like with a regular powder brush.. and i blend blend blend and it gives me the best finish ever! good coverage and with not a lot of product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ljacks

Story time.

Originally I purchased this brush with the intent to use with my pressed powder, as a way to set and finish my foundation. Had you asked me to review it in the days or weeks following my purchase, I would have delivered a scathing monologue full of curses. I would have returned this brush immediately except I lost both the packaging and receipt, and I hate pissing off customer service associates.

But. But but but.

I started favoring mineral, loose powdered blushes over their pressed counterparts for a more natural glow. I like deep colors. My old blush brush was depositing way too much of those deep colors, and instead of glowing from within, I was shining like a clown. I pouted over my brush caddy. Then I saw my arch enemy--Sonia Kashuk's MP Domed Brush. I got an idea. The clouds part. Angels sing. I have found a new purpose for you, old friend.

TL;DR: This brush sucks at everything it is marketed to do. But it is AWESOME when working with loose blush.

The good:
-Doesn't pick up a ton of product, helps to build in layers
-Natural finish
-SUPER soft
-Pretty dense
-Looks pretty
-Perfect blusher size

The bad:
-Awkward handle
-Needs to be renamed as there is only one true purpose in my eyes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 6:16:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an excellent brush for $17. Considering that a lot of HE brushes are pushing $40 a pop, it's a bargain for the quality.

It's amazingly soft. I wouldn't use it for foundation, but it's great for loose powder or contouring. I wouldn't say that it's a must have, but it is a nice addition to my brush collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by the0beginner

This is my first ever sonia kashuk brush and I really love it. For my first sonia brush I really wanted something that was multipurpose and this really did the trick! I love how its tapered and domed shaped. I like the softness though the density isn't all that. But with that being said, because the density lacks a bit, you get sheer application of blush which I love especially with Nars blushes which are really super pigmented. I really wouldn't reconmmend using this with foundation as the way it's made really doesn't exemplify foundation application. But for light contouring, blush application, highlighting, and blending is really this brush's strong point. For me the price is ok, I mean it's definitely affordable compared to MAC, Bobbi Brown, and those other high end comestic shops but as a beginner myself, I still have to get over the price because it seems a bit high to me. But once I get over the fact that a brush of this same price at a place like Mac would be some small brush like an eyeshadow brush, I'll find this product more affordable then I feel that it is at the moment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this. It's great for blending, so it makes blush application so easy. It's one of the softest brushes I have tried (along with TF Kabuki). I didn't use to wear blush that often until I bought this brush. I have washed it 3 times already and no shedding until now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by paya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A great, great brush. I use it primarily with liquid foundation. It gives a great finish and evenly deposits and evenly blends foundation. I use it daily and the quality is great. It stands up to frequent washings with no shedding. I am going to buy 1-2 more as back-ups.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 12:21:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

This is my FAVORITE Sonia Kashuk brush, although I do love the white handled highlighting one, the angled blush brush, and the flat top blusher.

This one just seems to be the best multitasking brush for everything but foundation.

I use this brush for literally just about EVERYTHING but foundation. For blush, bronzer, contouring bronzer, and finishing powder. The only thing maybe I don't use it for is highlighter.

It is incredibly soft, softer than the angled blush brush, and has only shed one hair! Btw, I was cleaning it with a daily brush cleaner (E.L.F.) and I was rubbing it on a paper towel to get the product out, and that's when it shed that single hair.

If you were to buy one professional brush by Sonia Kashuk not for foundation, this would be the one to get!

The only thing is that if you're expecting this to deliver the most color for blush, it's actually going to be sheer at first but buildable, which is good for beginners!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this brush. It is super soft and very easy to work with. I have used it for powder, blush, bronzer, and highlighting. It is a great multi-purpose brush and has become my favourite tool for applying Guerlain Meteorites. The domed top picks up a nice amount of product and gives me greater control over where the powder is deposited than most powder brushes. It washes well and keeps its shape nicely (I am careful to reshape my brushes as they dry). I would definitely buy this brush again, perhaps another one as a back-up.