September 14, 2014 | 2098 users online

Lip Gloss - Bourjois - Effect 3D Cosmic- 41 Brun Magic

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by akd616

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really isn't as rich in color as I was hoping and is far too glittery for my taste. I was hoping the color would lean a bit rosier or browner but instead it looks like a glittery pale pink on my mouth. Very Paris Hilton. Also, you need to reapply very frequently.

On the upside, it isn't particularly sticky and has no discernible scent or taste.

Won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by illeyad

I bought this lip gloss purely for fun a month ago. I wouldn’t buy it again not because I did not enjoy to, but because I rarely ever indulge in sparkly frosty lip glosses. The color is hard to describe. It is a neutral tone with a mixture of tan brown and pink, than shot through with a silvery frost and a lot of shimmering glitter. If they could somehow bottle the Milky Way in the form of a nude gloss, this is it!

PROS: (1) soft scented, it has that signature rose water Bourjois scent that neither over or underwhelms. (2) tasteless, thankfully. (3) not sticky but very glossy and glittery, ti will make lips appear huge. (4) due to the glitter and frost, all lip lines are camouflaged and conceal under this glistening layer of gloss. (5) easy brush tip applicator.

CONS: (1) not long lasting, must be reapplied every 20-30 mins. (2) if gloss is not reapplies lips become gritty from sparkles. (3) if not maintained, you will have sparkles all over your mouth. For example, if you go out to eat/drink with friends at a restaurant, be mindful if you are sporting this gloss, otherwise it could look quiet messy and unappealing if the glitter is smeared all over your mandibles! (4) the packaging is a little kiddy for something that is $18CAD, in a standard lip gloss tube with holographic silver writing. It felt like a throwback to those lip smacker days when I was a kid.

Overall this lip gloss is fun. I could not wear it every day because it requires a lot of supervision to make sure the glitter does not migrate all over my mouth, or appear cheapy when the color fades but the glitter remains. As I said, I love how big and pouty this gloss makes your lips appear. But as I said, I will enjoy it for now, and when I am done, stick to something a little more ‘grown up.’
Happy Shopping!