September 2, 2014 | 1934 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately, it did the opposite of what it claims to do -- it broke me out like crazy! I have combination/moderate acne and was hoping that this foundation would help my skin, but it definitely made it worse so I had to return it. I have to say though, it stayed matte throughout the day which I loved, but I will not keep using it at the expense of my skin breaking out. It may work for other skin types, but it certainly didn't work for mine! I've returned to using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation for the time being.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BrittneyMaxine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years and love it. I'm not saying it is the best foundation out there for everyone but for me it has been the best. I have semi oily and acne prone skin and it has never irritated my breakouts and does a great job at keeping my face matte. Of course everyone's chemical make up is different as far as the oils being produced , diet also plays a huge part so I understand it hasn't worked as well for everyone but for me, it's the one liquid foundation that feels completely safe and clean on my sensitive skin. If I HAD to link one con it would be the coverage. I do wish it was a tiny but higher in coverage but that's just because I love high coverage so I make sure to use my clarins concealer and set it with a light formula powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Taterbugdancer

I don't think I'll ever try another foundation again because this stuff is perfect. I get complimented lots on how my foundation always looks natural and not a bit shiny. This stuff is pricey but it lasts me quite awhile. I also don't see it treating my acne but it doesn't at all break me out or clog my pours. Definitely a happy customer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by jercast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really love this product. I have been using it for about 1 year or so. I have purchased it about 4 times. My skin is very oily and acne prone. I find that this foundation does not allow my skin to become oily and on really hot days I just sweat a little but nothing out of the ordinary unlike other foundations that I have tried. I would highly recommend to anyone with really oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by SummerDay89

Quite like this foundation. Use it in combination with others. Great coverage and not drying or anything.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm really upset that this made my acne worse!

I LOVE the finish- amazing coverage, long lasting and natural looking (it went that extra mile that colorstay could not).

I also really like the packaging - good for travel!

Ok, i was having an acne flare up- and decided that it may have to do with colorstay. So, naturally i switched foundations- my friend uses this and recommended it.

Two days in and I was getting breakouts on my cheeks - which only happens if my skin disagrees with something. Because my skin was already a mess - I called it quits not wanting to aggravate it anymore than I already had.

I know 2 days is a rather short time to judge if a foundation is causing breakouts so I did an ingredient search.

Laminaria saccharina extract aka ALGAE EXTRACT--- comedogenic rating = 5
!!!!!

On top of that sneaky ingredient there are also a number of other ingredients that are known irritants or mildly comedogenic.

I'm so saddened--- i really loved everything else about it.

three lippies: cause it clearly works for others.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ravengerm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this foundation! However, the packaging is awful. It's impossible to tell how much you have left in the bottle and the screw-on lid is annoying and awkward. But the product is worth putting up with the packaging. This foundation has the perfect consistency and it goes on really smooth (I apply with a foundation brush). I have some red patchy spots and it covers them well and makes my face look really even. I have acne-prone and sensitive skin, which is why I bought this foundation. I wouldn't say that this product necessarily prevented any breakouts but I don't feel like it caused any. I wish it was a little more full coverage, so I didn't have to layer it so much on my problem areas, but it is buildable. It definitely needs to be set with a powder if you want it to last (especially in the t-zone). Also, I would recommend exfoliating your face at least once every few days if you're wearing this foundation. It can be a little drying (probably from the salicylic acid) and if you have dry patches it tends to make them really obvious.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by Missmartinez1014

I fell in love with this. It was so smooth and the first time I wore it I just used a sample but I walked out of the house and my friend turned and said what do you have on your face I freaked and was like what's wrong. 'You look flawless' is what was being said all day long. Amazing it provides great coverage. Everyone always complains about the color but I don't have a problem finding mine. I'm not super pale but a light tan naturally. It lasted all day and didn't separate like usual for me. I strongly dislike the packaging though.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2014 6:43:00 PM More reviews by ebell123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My holy grail summer foundation. I can only use it in the summer because the shades aren't light enough for me in the winter. In the winter I'm around an nc15/20 so the shades don't cater to really pale skin tones. I'm shade 02 and I can only use it when I have a decent tan and it oxidizes to a shade darker so it can be tricky finding the right shade. Ask for a sample before purchasing. I have normal/oily skin and this keeps me matte for awhile. I'm not sure how this is on clearing up acne, but it doesn't break me out which is a plus because I have sensitive skin. It lasts about 8 to 9 hours before I start seeing it break up around my jaw line. This does transfer but I haven't yet found a foundation that doesn't. The texture is a liquid and I would say it's a medium to full coverage. Only reason I didn't give this 5 lippies was because of the shade selection. I only gave it 4 because I'm not able to use in the winter which is a bummer because I love it so much.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by luusk1125

This foundation has a matte finish and light to medium coverage. The color match is ok for those that are Mac nc/nw25 and above for those that are lighter there is no color match the closes match for Mac nc20 is 02 fresh ivory which is too dark because it does oxidize. This foundation is not good for combination skin that has dry patches and those who are using acne products. It will cling to dry patches and causes the skin to become dehydrated meaning dry underneath and oily on the surface. The foundation will separate in the t-zone, settles into fine lines and sink into the pores. It makes blemishes/acne more noticeable it does not cover scabby acne or redness/ red blemishes. It can cause more breakouts because it over dries the skin which in turn the skin will try to compensate the dryness by producing more oil and bam more blemishes, acne and clog pores. The coverage only last about 2 hours even with a setting powder and setting spray.