Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid 0.5; Inactive: Methyl Trimethicone, Water, Dipropylene Glycol, Alcohol Denatured, Nylon-12, Butylene Glycol, Talc, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Calcium Stearate, Isononyl Isononanoate, Caffeine, Glycerin, Hydroxyapatite, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Quaternium-90, Bentonite, 10-Hydroxydecanoic Acid, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Sodium Chloride, Tromethamine, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Phenoxyethanol May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Ive been struggling to find a foundation that doesn't make me break out, and heard of this one thru some research ^.^ today's my second day wearing it and I love it so far. It looks so natural on... It's the perfect color, it doesn't feel heavy and it's easy to blend out with my beauty blender. It doesn't do the best job at keeping my oil under control but its not bad! I'll check in after a week and then after a month. So far so good!

I love this make-up. It's lovely and light. It doesn't break me out, gives a nice, even coverage and lasts all day. I still need a concealer for any stubborn blemishes, but I hate heavy foundation anyway so that's fine by me.

I find that using a pea-sized amount everyday works best - it means the bottle lasts for months before I have to repurchase :) I do wish it had SPF, but that's only a minor complaint.

I don't typically splurge on higher end makeup, but this is the ultimate exception. I have never found a foundation that works as well or looks as good on me as this one. It covers the redness of my zits and hides every blackhead on my face. I also love the fact that it matches my skin. It's not too pale, dark, pink, or orange. It doesn't clog my pores and it seems to help my acne rather than make it worse.

The only complaint I have is that it doesn't always react well with my oily skin, especially on my nose. I tend to get it on my glasses because of it. (In case you're curious, I wear 01 Fresh Alabaster)

A really amazing product for those suffering from acne prone skin.
I have been using this for over a year now, and although I do not think it prevents breakout, it doesn't appear to be aggravating my situation and covers my marks, redness and breakouts pretty well. As a reference I get 2 or 3 hormonal breakouts/week.

I really did love this foundation at first but over time I started to hate it, the coverage is great and covers acne/post acne marks well, it has a natural/semi matte finish and looks beautiful once applied, the consistency is really good, not too watery yet not thick and heavy. The packaging is a squeezy tube which I like but I prefer a pump. It goes on nicely with a damp beauty blender/sponge or even applied with your hands and this definitely doesn't make you break out HOWEVER I feel this did nothing for my acne itself, my skin stayed the same even after using an entire bottle of the stuff. The staying power also isn't that great, after maybe 3/4 hours you definitely need to touch up and keep blotting papers on hand throughout the day if you're oily like me. Be warned, this foundation oxidises terribly! I had to go out and buy something else as nothing would fix it, I used a bunch of different primers, setting powder and setting spray but still no luck, all Clinique foundations are cool toned (pink based) besides the darker shades which is a bummer for us pale skin girls. Overall I do like this foundation but I won't buy it again unless they get a better shade range and find a way to stop it from oxidising.

I've purchased this product twice now I just ran out of the second bottle recently.
I find that it's true to the swatch shade after it dries and has a pleasant odour
I have acne prone skin and this didn't break me out but it didn't help clear anything either.
It last for about 5 hours on its own and 8-10 with a powder.
I switched to another acne foundation that's half the price and well worth it
I couldn't justify spending the $40 CAD on it after a while

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The coverage its ok, but it brings out fine lines that I don't have! Makes me look 10 years older. I won't buy it again because it doesn't do anything for my skin.

4 out of 5 for a good quality light coverage foundation. Shade selection is very good as my pale skin can be hard to match. Does not make me breakout, however it is a bit too light for me and doesn't last as long as I need a foundation to last all day.

Excellent price for the quality.

I use the lightest shade Pros:
Covers up acne decently with concealer
Nice finish (natural looking)
Cons:
After 8 hours I get very oily in this and It starts to feel heavy and wears off

So I am still on the look for my holy grail foundation,this is okay with a little power right now

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily, mature, skin, and I suffer from mild to moderate acne. I don't love the "Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup," but I do find it satisfactory enough that I'm on my second bottle.

I appreciate that it does not appear to contribute to my acne problem. I believe it has been a part of the solution following six months of moderate acne, which included both deep cysts and pustules. As one previous reviewer mentioned, dry flaky patches around acne sites can emerge as the day progresses.

I do not typically suffer from condones, and I saw no increase in them with this makeup. I do suffer from an abundance of pronounced sebaceous filaments, and I have seen a minimal reduction in them from this makeup.

I find that it does not control oil (Clinique does not claim is does), so I have to blot often or redo my makeup mid day to keep it looking fresh.

It provides moderate coverage and is buildable. But, I do find that if I build it up too much it gets a very orangey cast (I use 02 - Fresh Ivory).

I'm not quite 100% over my acne troubles, but I'm well on the way. I would certainly purchase this again in the future if I have another acne flareup. I can't see it using it while not suffering from acne (even as a preventative), as it has no SPF or mattifying qualities, and I do prefer a "one bottle" solution for my day-to-day foundation.