Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

3.7

salicylic acid 0.50% ingredients: methyl trimethicone [] water\aqua\eau [] dipropylene glycol [] alcohol denat. [] nylon-12 [] butylene glycol [] talc [] peg-10 dimethicone [] dimethicone [] trimethylsiloxysilicate [] silica [] laminaria saccharina extract [] calcium stearate [] isononyl isononanoate [] caffeine [] glycerin [] hydroxyapatite [] dimethicone/peg-10/15 crosspolymer [] sorbitan sesquioleate [] dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymer [] triethoxycaprylylsilane [] quaternium-90 bentonite [] 10-hydroxydecanoic acid [] lecithin [] tocopherol [] sodium chloride [] tromethamine [] propylene carbonate [] alumina [] disodium edta [] sodium citrate [] phenoxyethanol [] [ /- titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] mica]

on 7/18/2015 7:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The coverage its ok, but it brings out fine lines that I don't have! Makes me look 10 years older. I won't buy it again because it doesn't do anything for my skin.

on 6/7/2015 10:22:00 PM

My holy grail. I've tried everything from YSL to Christian Dior. It lasts all day, has a lovely pale shade for my white skin, and best of all my skin has never been more clear. Simply amazing. I'll never switch, ever.

on 5/29/2015 1:27:00 PM

I use the lightest shade Pros:
Covers up acne decently with concealer
Nice finish (natural looking)
Cons:
After 8 hours I get very oily in this and It starts to feel heavy and wears off

So I am still on the look for my holy grail foundation,this is okay with a little power right now

on 5/20/2015 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily, mature, skin, and I suffer from mild to moderate acne. I don't love the "Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup," but I do find it satisfactory enough that I'm on my second bottle.

I appreciate that it does not appear to contribute to my acne problem. I believe it has been a part of the solution following six months of moderate acne, which included both deep cysts and pustules. As one previous reviewer mentioned, dry flaky patches around acne sites can emerge as the day progresses.

I do not typically suffer from condones, and I saw no increase in them with this makeup. I do suffer from an abundance of pronounced sebaceous filaments, and I have seen a minimal reduction in them from this makeup.

I find that it does not control oil (Clinique does not claim is does), so I have to blot often or redo my makeup mid day to keep it looking fresh.

It provides moderate coverage and is buildable. But, I do find that if I build it up too much it gets a very orangey cast (I use 02 - Fresh Ivory).

I'm not quite 100% over my acne troubles, but I'm well on the way. I would certainly purchase this again in the future if I have another acne flareup. I can't see it using it while not suffering from acne (even as a preventative), as it has no SPF or mattifying qualities, and I do prefer a "one bottle" solution for my day-to-day foundation.

on 4/6/2015 5:54:00 AM

Pros:
- coverage is medium-full
- lasts ALL day (through sweat and water etc.)
- didn't break out
- packaging is handy
- price is definitely great and cheaper than most sephora foundations
- color matches fine (classic ivory for NC20 skin)
- didn't transfer to my clothes so far

Cons:
- sometimes I have to shake it for the product to come out
- smell is kinda weird but definitely no big deal
- thicker consistency (compared to Estee Lauder Double Wear, but works the same)
- not CRAZY matte, but will probably last 5-6 hours)

Overall, definitely love this foundation for my oily and acne-prone skin

on 3/30/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

great...I have to use 2 colors...but it's worth it because it matches perfectly.

on 3/2/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I brought this product about a month ago, at first I really liked this liquid makeup when I was at the store. After buying the product I started to see that the makeup crakes on my face.This product made my acne better than it was before. Also this product makes me look more white then what I already am. The price of this product was $27.00. The price was not experience but not wroth my money. I rate this product a 25%. I wouldn't buy this product again.

on 2/22/2015 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought this because a woman at Sephora suggested it when I told her I struggle with acne, but like to use foundation to cover it up. It goes on pretty well with a brush, and stays in place all day without creasing or caking. And it hasn't made my acne flare up. But my issue with this foundation is the color selection! I bought this in 01 Fresh Alabaster, and it's still just a hint too dark for my complexion. Le sigh.

on 2/17/2015 4:45:00 AM

This is the successor to an older Clinique foundation Clarifying Makeup Clear Skin Formula, which I used religiously for 2 years in high school to clear up pubescent acne. The new formula is more lightweight.

I purchased this about a year ago to combat stress acne due to pregnancy hormones and high-intensity work environment at the time. I continue to swap it into my regimen whenever I have an acne flare-up, even to the day this review was written. I used this in combination with Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Triple-Action Toner and Clinique's Acne Solutions Clinical Clearing Gel daily and nightly for the duration of the break out. I'd like to say that this set of 3 products has been effective at controlling all my break outs over the course of a week, for a full year. However, it's possible that the break out ran its course on its own too. Either way, none of these products have worsened my acne when I do have it, so I gladly continue it this alternative routine.

I was matched to 02 Fresh Alabaster, the second lightest shade in this foundation line, which was a surprise because I normally tend to be 4 or 5 shades darker than the lightest of typical foundation shades, but this was a good match for my skin, which pales out to around NC20 in MAC Fluid Fix. Given that I am medium-fair in tone, this foundation's lightest shade might still be too dark for especially pale skin tones.

The foundation itself contains 2% salycylic acid and is oil-free, and has a liquidy cream consistency. It dries down to a matte finish when applied, and has medium, natural-looking, buildable coverage. Overtime though, and/or with too many layers of foundation, this can start to feel drying, cakey, or heavy, so an oil-free moisturizer is a must prior to applying this to prevent the foundation from settling and drying out the skin. I do not know how this performs over a primer--I felt that a primer is just an extra barrier keeping the salycylic acid benefits of this foundation from penetrating the skin, so I always applied this directly to the skin (or after sunscreen, if I was going to be in the sun) after moisturizing.

I have tried other acne-targeting foundations, such as Neutrogena's SkinClearing Makeup (very poor coverage and no staying power, $12 per bottle) and e.l.f.'s Acne Fighting Foundation (lightest shade Porcelain was too light 2nd lightest shade Buff is too dark; $3 per bottle but not a good variety of shades even thought the formula feels like this Clinique one). The Acne Solutions Makeup bottle goes for $27 but it reduces the hassle of the shade-matching and coverage-building while doing the same as these aforementioned foundations.

Just as its predecessor Clinique Clarifying Makeup was my go-to for acneic skin, Acne Solutions Makeup still holds the "top acne foundation" title in my book for having the best coverage and staying power (6hrs+ before oil seeps through w/o powder, 8hrs w/ powder), the widest variety of shades, no discernible fragrance or particularly comedogenic ingredients, and might actually be responsible for effectively controlling acne over the long term--considering I've used the old formula for 2 years straight and this newer formula for the past year, with good results.

on 2/12/2015 1:19:00 PM

I haven't yet found my HG foundation, but this is definitely my fallback. Decent coverage, I still need concealer and a setting powder, and it keeps my skin clear. Love, but not in love