December 22, 2014 | 1505 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 12/12/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Monia123

I bought this foundation when my acne was flaring up again thinking it would help. HOWEVER, it did exactly the opposite. I wore it a couple times and it made my face feel dry and itchy. When I took the make up off, not only did I notice more pimples, but they were red, itchy, cystic pimples. Not only that, this foundation dried my face out to the point of it feeling like sand paper. That says a lot since I have oily skin. Never again will I get this, and I would not recommend this for people who have sensitive acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by purvisme2

This, along with a salicylic acid primer (CoverFX), helped to clear up my acne. It also covered existing blemishes and old scars flawlessly! I rarely needed concealer with this. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 lippies is because it dried my skin out after my acne was gone. It cleared it up in two weeks!! so I have a lot left. I have continued to use the primer as it doesn't dry me out at all. I use various RX creams on my face that are notorious for drying and they don't even dry me out. I wanted to use this forever for how well it worked on my scarring! But alas, a flakey nose and forehead just aren't my thing. Even over quality moisturizer (always moisturize first!), it managed to get me flakey. BUT if you have active acne it is worth a try and every penny! When I had active acne it never made me dry. I will make sure to always have this on hand in case my acne acts up again. The shade alabaster works perfectly on my uber fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 3:40:00 AM More reviews by BPpinkie88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE THIS FOUNDATION!

This foundation is my holy-grail foundation!! It is very difficult to find a foundation that does not clog my pores. This foundation is great for my acne-prone skin, it keeps my oil at bay and prevents my face from getting too greasy by the end of the day which helps prevents any acne from forming. When my skin gets a bit more dry, I use a tiny bit of moisturizer underneath.

Feels very light & airy as if you have no makeup on. Very natural finish while providing a medium level of coverage (which is perfect because other foundations that have heavy coverage typically end up looking like you're wearing too much makeup).

I use the color 02 - and it is perfect for my gold undertoned skin. For powder, I use MAC mineralized skinfinish powder in medium golden - and it goes very nicely over this Clinique foundation.

This foundation is PERFECT for everyday use, for pictures, for anything - really allows my skin to "breathe" - is not heavy at all and it truly does not cause breakouts or clog pores.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by LushLuke10

Love this one of my favourite foundations, makes angry red bumps near vanished while helping it head conceal and treat. All was have some for when I tan aswel.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2014 11:28:00 PM More reviews by Makeupjunkie62

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Let me start off by saying everyone has different skin and will therefore have different reactions with foundations. Just because I hate this foundation with all my soul, doesn't mean you will! I have extremely sensitive skin and allergic reactions are quite a common part of my life. I also have moderate acne (thank you hormones!) That being said, this foundation was certainly not for me. There are 9 shades of this foundation. I found one pretty close to my skin tone, but it wasn't exact. With 9 shades, not everyone will find a perfect match. The coverage was okay, mediocre.. You could still see hyper pigmentation from my acne scars unless I put a lot a LOT of this foundation on. It was also not super blend-able. When applying this foundation, you have to blend it in very quickly or it can look streaky. Because I had to put a lot on for coverage, it ended up looking slightly cakey. This is not a cheap foundation, but I'm willing to spend money for a foundation that works well. This one did not. The worst part of this foundation is it broke me out like crazy. I've gotten 7 "under the skin" pimples in less than two weeks. I normally get one pimple under the skin every few months.. I also started getting pimples in places I don't break out in. I had acne before this, but this definitely made it significantly worse unfortunately. This product also contains sodium chloride, which is rated a 5 on the comedogenic scale. Funny, because this is supposed to be geared towards those suffering with acne. Not only that, but this made my skin itch so badly and I would get tiny itchy bumps that would inflame into pimples. I really don't recommend this product to those with sensitive skin or acne. But, like I said, what doesn't work for me MAY work for you (or vise versa). Good luck!!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by elaine1390

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely hate this foundation. Let me tell you why... well I have sensitive acne-prone oily skin. I was using urban decays naked foundation (which I loved, until it was starting to break me out bad && I havent had an outbreak in years :(....so I had to find a new foundation and I thought id give clinique a try since its suppose to be "the safest for your skin". So the next day I put on the foundation and it looked okay. Felt a bit dry though... anyways I go to college so im in the sun all day by the afternoon this makeup sweated off my t-zone area and started clumping around my pores ughhh.. it looked like a mess :(. Long story short... dont get this foundation if you work or go to school all day because its goin to melt off and clump away.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/3/2014 11:24:00 PM More reviews by volantis

It made my skin break out after one use and appears and gets very cakey when only a little bit is applied especially around the mouth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by franneh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this foundation but unfortunately, it did the opposite of what it claims to do -- it broke me out like crazy! I have combination/moderate acne and was hoping that this foundation would help my skin, but it definitely made it worse so I had to return it. I have to say though, it stayed matte throughout the day which I loved, but I will not keep using it at the expense of my skin breaking out. It may work for other skin types, but it certainly didn't work for mine! I've returned to using Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Foundation for the time being.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2014 12:08:00 PM More reviews by BrittneyMaxine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this product for years and love it. I'm not saying it is the best foundation out there for everyone but for me it has been the best. I have semi oily and acne prone skin and it has never irritated my breakouts and does a great job at keeping my face matte. Of course everyone's chemical make up is different as far as the oils being produced , diet also plays a huge part so I understand it hasn't worked as well for everyone but for me, it's the one liquid foundation that feels completely safe and clean on my sensitive skin. If I HAD to link one con it would be the coverage. I do wish it was a tiny but higher in coverage but that's just because I love high coverage so I make sure to use my clarins concealer and set it with a light formula powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Taterbugdancer

I don't think I'll ever try another foundation again because this stuff is perfect. I get complimented lots on how my foundation always looks natural and not a bit shiny. This stuff is pricey but it lasts me quite awhile. I also don't see it treating my acne but it doesn't at all break me out or clog my pours. Definitely a happy customer.