December 19, 2014 | 1580 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer (Oil Free)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by Aug17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It will not make miracles if you need to repair overdryed skin or mattify oily skin. It's just another one light moisturizer which absorbs well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

This is a ok moisturizer it is light and watery but it doesn't control oil. The pump is hard to use sometimes it works but sometimes it gets stuck and hard to press and the prouct shouts out everywhere. I found this not moisturizing for even my super oily t-zone and not for the rest of the face. This is weird it doesn't control oil or moisturize. Not good if you combination or oily skin that gets dehydrated easily with flaky peeling patches. My face is still dehydrated flaky peeling patches underneath but oily on the surface.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by aprilg9

I love this moisturizer! I don't have extremely dry skin, but when I wake up I need to use a moisturizer to feel refreshed and clean. This shiseido lotion feels extremely refreshing on the skin and leaves it soft and moisturized without any stickiness that I usually get with moisturizer. I ran out about two months ago and have since used Clinique Moisture Surge and other shiseido products, but nothing has come close. I'm a little hesitant to repurchase it, since it is very pricey to me for a moisturizer. If I come across a deal, I'll snatch it up for sure!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by nessav06

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is extremely similar to The body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. They have the same color, look the same, feel the same, but the scent is slightly different as this has a more floral scent while the body shop is more earthy. The only reason I switched from TBS's seaweed day cream to this was because I felt like the TBS's day cream made my pores look bigger after using it into the second jar. I don't have a problem with this one for size of my pores. It doesn't seem to keep me matte for any longer than TBS's cream, but this is more than double the price of the other for the same amount of product so you be the judge of if you should buy this.

The packaging of this seems to be perfect since it's a pump bottle with a lid, and it's a glass bottle which seems more fancy, but in actuality, it's very heavy and the lid isn't very secure to the bottle no matter how hard you try to cap it back on so I never pick it up by the lid because I feel it's going to slip off and the bottle will fall and shatter glass everywhere. The pump on mine seemed good but I'm starting to notice that it's getting harder and harder to actually pump product out (I'm half way into the product). I've seen a review of this on YouTube before and the girl had the same problem with her pump so I guess it's a more common problem.

For the price of $40 CAD, it's really not worth it because you can get the same result and pretty much the same product with the Body Shop's seaweed cream for half the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 4:12:00 AM More reviews by erikareanne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is just okay. The product is lightweight but it doesn't really help at all with shine or provide that much moisture.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/2/2014 1:19:00 AM More reviews by miaow94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was looking for a mattifying moisturizer to use in the morning. I knew shiseido is a good brand and there is a lot of science behind their products so i decided to give this a go. This product was $40+ dollars, I was expecting something great from the product. However, I was really disappointed by it because i saw no difference in my skin throughout the day, it did no control my oiliness like it claims to do so... the thing that i like about this moisturizer is that it is very watery and light feeling and it absorbed quickly after it is applied onto the skin. but after a week of using it, i returned it because it doesn't help control my oils. I'm sure you can find better products for half the price out there for shine control. If you are oily like me, don't even bother with this product.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I love some of the other things in the Pureness line (blotting papers are an HG product for me), so I thought I was going to like this moisturizer for my oily t-zone and décolletage, which are both very breakout prone. I have never actually seen any instructions that say it can be used on the décolletage, but I haven't seen any that say not to. As for the t-zone, this definitely did mattify, but it only lasted around an hour, and I think it made me oilier, like the oil was waiting to burst through, and it made my makeup ball up. It also gave me 2 milia on my forehead and a lot of blackheads on my face. But the thing that made me most upset about it was that it made my décolletage break out horribly, in blackheads, whiteheads and several pustules. It was so bad that I had to avoid wearing anything that showed that area at all for a few weeks, even if I covered it with body foundation and heavy concealer. From now on, I will stick to oil free moisturizers for these areas, but won't use anything mattifying.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mtclala

I love this product! It mattifies my face until the end the of the day. It only needs two pumps and the results are worthwhile. The only concern I have about this product is that there is no spf in this moisturizer. When I am out doing errands throughout the day, the sun directs on my face and i feel the burning sensation on the top of my cheeks-> which means, I got sun burnt. I recommend this moisturizer for those who have combination and/or oil skin and remember to apply sunscreen!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this moisturizer up at a warehouse sale for approximately $20. I was drawn to this product as it is made for oily/combination skin and it provides a matte finish.

It has a light fresh scent with a watery consistency. It absorbs quickly into the skin, actually, it absorbs a little too quickly where I feel that it doesn't moisturize enough. I started using this during Autumn, and the colder it got the more flakes I saw around my nose and cheeks. It doesn't break me out.

I will have to come back to this once summer rolls around, I have hope that it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by roziebabe

One thing I have always sucked at is moisturising. I have not started moisturising until this year. I have never liked the sticky feeling I got after using most moisturisers. I went to my local Shiseido counter to buy a BB cream, and I ending up walking away with a bottle of this! I was really attracted to how light weight this serum is. I works well under all of my make up too! I think this is good product for young skin, and for people like me who suck at following a moisturising routine because it is not too heavy. I have been using this product every day for the last three weeks and I don't really have any complaints apart from that fact that it makes my skin feel a little bit rubbery after use, but I normally put primer on top of it, so that feeling does go away.