April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Moisturizers - Shiseido - Pureness Mattifying Moisturizer (Oil Free)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:23:00 AM More reviews by mtclala

I love this product! It mattifies my face until the end the of the day. It only needs two pumps and the results are worthwhile. The only concern I have about this product is that there is no spf in this moisturizer. When I am out doing errands throughout the day, the sun directs on my face and i feel the burning sensation on the top of my cheeks-> which means, I got sun burnt. I recommend this moisturizer for those who have combination and/or oil skin and remember to apply sunscreen!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 9:13:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this moisturizer up at a warehouse sale for approximately $20. I was drawn to this product as it is made for oily/combination skin and it provides a matte finish.

It has a light fresh scent with a watery consistency. It absorbs quickly into the skin, actually, it absorbs a little too quickly where I feel that it doesn't moisturize enough. I started using this during Autumn, and the colder it got the more flakes I saw around my nose and cheeks. It doesn't break me out.

I will have to come back to this once summer rolls around, I have hope that it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 11:43:00 PM More reviews by roziebabe

One thing I have always sucked at is moisturising. I have not started moisturising until this year. I have never liked the sticky feeling I got after using most moisturisers. I went to my local Shiseido counter to buy a BB cream, and I ending up walking away with a bottle of this! I was really attracted to how light weight this serum is. I works well under all of my make up too! I think this is good product for young skin, and for people like me who suck at following a moisturising routine because it is not too heavy. I have been using this product every day for the last three weeks and I don't really have any complaints apart from that fact that it makes my skin feel a little bit rubbery after use, but I normally put primer on top of it, so that feeling does go away.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:49:00 AM More reviews by Yuccazz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this moisturizer for many years. I like its mattifying feature, which counters the oil on my T zone. However, now that I'm older, I need something more moisturizing and its time to move on. I would highly recommend this for people below 25. The only thing to complain about is that the bottle's suction pump sometimes doesn't work that well when the moisturizer is down to about 10% remaining. Not sure how that happened.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by NicoleM96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I have very oily skin and I really wanted to try matifying products. I saw some good reviews on this, but after seeing it was 33 dollars I thought I wouldnt buy it. But amazingly enough I was at Marshalls and I saw this exact moisturizer there for 24 dollars!(Go to Marshalls if you want hidden great hair and skin care deals!) So I decided to try it. Honeslty it made my face matte for like an hour and the smell was alittle, for lack of a better term, grandmothery to me. So not really worth even the discounted price, but maybe itll work better for someone with not as oily skin as me!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by grace5e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Okay... I purchased this about a year ago in Japan when my face was in really bad condition. My forehead was broken out and I think it was more of a hormonal change in my body rather than something I had done differently in my skin care regimen and diet. So when I tried this, it didn't really work for me. I was also addicted to picking my pimples, and I think applying this to bleeding broken out skin was a horrible idea. Because it was a mattifying product, it had some white stuff in it that I think was blocking my pores. But since I paid quite a bit of money on this (I'm really cheap), I decided to just keep it in my dresser. I moved to Korea a couple of months after that, and then the summer came. It was such a humid summer. At this time, I was still experimenting on using different skin care products, and I was breaking out because of them, but not as worse as when I was in Japan. One day, I was just cleaning out my drawers and found this. I figured I could give it another try since nothing was working for me. My whole intention was just to finish the bottle so I wouldn't waste it. Because of that, I wasn't going to switch easily to a new moisturizer. It didn't feel greasy on my face as it did when I used before and continued using it. After about a week, the pimples on my cheeks started healing. It was a miracle for me because I had not seen any moisturizer have that effect on my skin. It was drastic! I ran out of this moisturizer last week, and because I had other moisturizers in my dresser that I want to finish, I didn't purchase another bottle of this. Now, I feel like I'm starting to break out again, so I'm thinking about going to the store tomorrow and buying another bottle. Hurray for this moisturizer!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by Julie18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This has a strong perfume scent and tons of alcohol in it. This product caused white tiny water filled bumps to appear above my upper lip, so I discontinued use after a day. Also very drying, so I wouldn't recommend for dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

works! this product replaces my Clinique moisturizing gel due to its ability to keep my oily skin under control! lasts.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by AmyN24

Its quite a good product. It definitely gives your skin a very matified and sheer look. The only thing i don't like about this product is that it doesn't deliver a lot of moisture but overall, great!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2013 11:23:00 PM More reviews by NeverFull

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this moisturiser. When I used it initially, I felt that it wasn't hydrating enough and my skin would feel a little taut and dry through the day. But after using it for a week or so, my skin found its balance, and now this moisturiser feels just perfect. So I'd advise anyone who is trying this product to give it some time and be patient with it. Don't believe everything the salespeople tell you about a little going a long way- I tent to use three pumps on my face before I feel satisfied. Different people will use different amounts of this product, given that it is not your typical thick and rich moisturiser. This is a great base for makeup- liquid and powder. I use it with the Pureness powder and it really does keep my face from getting oily through the day. Before using the Pureness range I would get oily within half an hour of washing my face and putting on my makeup. But now I find that I can go at least 4 hours or so before I need to touch up with a blotting paper and some powder. It hasn't made my acne any worse and it feels light and easy on the skin. I'd recommend it to anyone with acne prone and oily skin.